Critical Miss: Children of Steam #2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Alone in the Dark? that's not a game, it's a suicide fueled by manually blinking :(
I've still got my console- RDR and Alan Wake. I could turn my basement into a safe haven :)

Rainboq:

When we actually started to enjoy Kane and Lynch 2

Goddamit NO! That was just a myth! No-one ever sank that low. We even dug up the E.T. cartridges before that happened. Which it never did.

Don't judge me

Cowabungaa:
*looks at his own Steam account*

72 Games...72 in total...

May the gods have mercy on my soul...

Check properties on your Steam Folder.

I have 140 Gigs...

JeanLuc761:

SteelStallion:

JeanLuc761:

The 30 million users on Steam alone would like to have a word with you. Along with the 11 million WoW players. There's probably some overlap between those two groups, but my point still stands.

You do realize that there's probably a billion gamers world wide? The vast majority living in third world countries?

Yeah... 30 something million gamers doesn't seem like a lot anymore, does it?

Do you have ANY statistics or evidence to back that up? At all?

In America alone, there are (I think) 45 million + Xbox 360's in homes. There are 30 million registered users on Steam. There are 11 million users on WoW. There are over 80 million users who play social games on networks like Facebook. Those are all based off of real, verifiable statistics.

You show me ANY source that verifies there's even close to a billion gamers on this planet, and I'll be happy to lend your argument more weight.

I was exaggerating for effect. All you're taking into account are gamers who are registered online, but there are plenty more gamers playing on all platforms, mostly modded older gen ones. I don't have any statistics, but if you've ever been to some of the poorer countries you'll find that 90% of the youth there do play video games, and they'll probably own a playstation or something.

Pseudonym2:
You come off as incredibly elitist. Only people with powerful computers and connection to the internet can use Steam. Not everyone can afford both of those.

Ironically the IGN fans might be more likely to go to Direct to Drive which doesn't use additional DRM.

powerful computers ?
hells no any moderate computer from the last 5 years can handle steam. The internet connection thing is debatable (because a steady internet connection isn't that pricey.

Hey bro just get some fighting games like MvC or Guilty Gear.
They will last you forever bro.
*Yawn*

I won't be affected by the fall of steam. Since i don't game on PC. Except for morrowind.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Cowabungaa:

Check properties on your Steam Folder.

I have 140 Gigs...

172 Gigs here, and I have installed 23 out of 72 games. Yeah.

Scratch that, 73, I just got the Riddick game for 5 euros. They said it was so good, and it was so cheap!! I...I...I just...*sobs*

Wonderfully said. Excellent use of the half-brick-in-a-sock as a weapon, too. It's the little things that make me love this comic.

I loved the IGN reference. So friggin' true.

Mr. Omega:
Truly a PC gamer's ultimate version of hell.

I buy all my PC games at retail (but then again, I live in mainland Europe, where PC retail is still quite significant). So if the apocalypse comes, I think I will manage. :P

JeanLuc761:

You show me ANY source that verifies there's even close to a billion gamers on this planet, and I'll be happy to lend your argument more weight.

I believe that's the common figure. One sixth of the population are gamers. Hold on a mo and I'll get the source.

Edit: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.117251-EA-CEO-Predicts-One-BIllion-Gamers-Within-Two-Years
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.160475-EAs-Riccitiello-Over-a-Billion-Gamers-in-the-World-Today

Edit The Second: Sorry Steel, Quote Fail.

HT_Black:
Why do those retarded Ex-capists seem so familiar...?

No, I'm serious. I can't put my finger on it. Does anyone know?

It's Carter and Rydell. :)

Rainboq:
Time for desperate measures.

ALSO:

I was there....

I was there when the strength of men fell...

:O

Don't you dare speak of those times!! I told you that never happened...*Sobs* It never happened...

Hehe IGN, the butt monkey of reviewing sites.

The_root_of_all_evil:

JeanLuc761:

I believe that's the common figure. One sixth of the population are gamers. Hold on a mo and I'll get the source.

Edit: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.117251-EA-CEO-Predicts-One-BIllion-Gamers-Within-Two-Years
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.160475-EAs-Riccitiello-Over-a-Billion-Gamers-in-the-World-Today

Edit The Second: Sorry Steel, Quote Fail.

Hah! I'll be damned.

Well then, I will acquiesce that, comparatively, 30 million Steam users is middling in comparison, though it'd be nice if we had exact figures on how many people play PC games, how many use consoles, how many use both, etc.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Rainboq:

Goddamit NO! That was just a myth! No-one ever sank that low. We even dug up the E.T. cartridges before that happened. Which it never did.

Don't judge me

Then why were you the first to play that wretched game and enjoy it?!

Rainboq:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Rainboq:

Don't judge me

LIEZ! I was just trying to relive the days of Yahtzee! Yeah, that was it!

Rigs83:
I use GOG. I live DRM free.

+1, plus it has Beyond Good & Evil :D

Tom Phoenix:

Mr. Omega:

I buy all my PC games at retail (but then again, I live in mainland Europe, where PC retail is still quite significant). So if the apocalypse comes, I think I will manage. :P

Except once the apolypse comes, you'll get a "can't reach activation server" error right before a zombie eats you :D

Aptspire:
Alone in the Dark? that's not a game, it's a suicide fueled by manually blinking :(

...damn now I want to try that game :D

The_root_of_all_evil:

Rainboq:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Don't judge me

Then why was there a large smile on your face?

Cowabungaa:

You think that's bad ? Wait until your list of games costs more than your computer :D
(also: 111 games... *glups*)
(edit: actually, steamcalculator.com says 92 while Steam says 111, that's weird)

Rainboq:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Rainboq:

Cramp. I always smile when I'm in huge pain.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Rainboq:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Cramp. I always smile when I'm in huge pain.

You sire, are a horrid lier.

Lance and Chad from IGN as slowbros, HUGE Lulz for that. I can already imagine them speaking like Slowbro from the Pokemon anime.

Excellent job and good thing I have backup in case the Steam apocalypse occurs.

Hahaha! The Slowbro part was epic.

wildpeaks:

Cowabungaa:

You think that's bad ? Wait until your list of games costs more than your computer :D

After calculating the worth of my own collection (without the Steam calculator that doesn't seem to work) mine is one of them. Hell it's about twice as expensive as my computer.

I payed way less for it of course. Yay for deals!

wildpeaks:

Tom Phoenix:

Mr. Omega:

Except once the apolypse comes, you'll get a "can't reach activation server" error right before a zombie eats you :D

Don't worry. Not only does my collection include DRM-free games, I will also probably be stocked up on cracks to bypass any DRM that the other games might have.

And who says pirates cannot do good deeds? ;)

Tom Phoenix:

wildpeaks:

Tom Phoenix:

Don't worry. Not only does my collection include DRM-free games, I will also probably be stocked up on cracks to bypass any DRM that the other games might have.

What if the zombies chew on the electric cables ? :D

wildpeaks:

Tom Phoenix:

wildpeaks:

What if the zombies chew on the electric cables ? :D

Well, obviously, I am going to get all the cracks before that happens. I mean, what is the first thing every smart person would do if an apocalypse occured? Get on the Internet to get all the files they need while it is still online, DUH! :P Also, the zombies would blow their brain trying to chew the electric cable anyway. :P

wildpeaks:

Cowabungaa:

(also: 111 games... *glups*)
(edit: actually, steamcalculator.com says 92 while Steam says 111, that's weird)

If you have non-steam games in your library it might count them... Maybe...

Myself I have 79... Soon perhaps 80 thanks to someone mentioning Riddick sale as I have been planning on getting it for a while now...

What the heck is Sharon doing?

Cpt. Red:
If you have non-steam games in your library it might count them... Maybe...

I don't add non-steam games to the list, but that difference may come from HL2 mods.

Tom Phoenix:
I mean, what is the first thing every smart person would do if an apocalypse occured?

If I ever meet one, I'll ask him/her :)

That was the first time I died...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook