LoadingReadyRun: The LRR CD ROM Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I need a new copy of this game, the interface doesn't work and the characters get upset when they are ignored. Makes me sad :(

Father Time:

Graham_LRR:

Digikid:
That was the lamest LRR video to date. Sorry but it was.

We've been on The Escapist for a year now. I admire your tenacity, to return every week to something you dislike.

He only said he disliked this video not LRR in general.

I liked this one though.

Glad you did!

I only made that comment to Digikid because from our first episode any comments he leaves on LRR videos are almost unanimously negative.
Comedy is very subjective, so that's fine, I'm just surprised he keeps watching. I guess he likes some of them at least :)

No hard feelings, Digikid!

;-; I clicked, really I did. I clicked so hard. Why are you mad at me I was trying I swear. The game just kept pausing.

This reminded me of the 'Rama' 1996 video game.

I wish LRR had been there to help me through that one...

Ruairi iliffe:
Heh awesome, I know it would be a big timesink, but i would really really enjoy a Working CD rom game from you guys.

As I understand it, the plan is to start working on the game, have it get 90% of the way to completion before the publisher goes out of business, and have the ROM circulate on the pirate networks for a few years before a sketch comedy group decides to use it as the basis for a charity fundraiser.

MegaR:
I kept clicking but it only paused the game!!!

I paused it 4 times before it sank into my skull that they were trolling me.

"here have some chloroform" said so casually was just hillarious.
also "typeyournamehere" is an awesome name.
hillarity as usual though. good work guys

I want that game!

When I clicked, the game stopped, then when I tried again, people yelled at me for being an idiot. :*( I feel like I have truly gotten the full LRR experience.

btw, someone needs to make a for real LRR adventure game. :D

Drexlor:
Aww, I lost. I should try again.

Goodluck, Typeyournamehere! I hear it's really hard to do anything in LRR. :D

brilliant! excellent as usual thanks lrr :)

*click*

Dang, I think my copies buggered up. Can I order a new one please?

This Video is funny on many different levels. I love it.

Plus it illustrates well how ridiculous these "interactive" movies are - from Rebel Assault right till Heavy Rain.

SO MUCH CLICKING!

Well done, guys. Excellent episode.

DAMMIT! All this wants to make me do is make a LRR videogame!

Either that, or a LRR trading card game, (Including Creepy Doll, Magnets, Nerf, Invention, and Cats cards).
(In fact, I'd make it a Digimon- Yu-gi-oh hybrid (card fusions, unitys, equips and all that). I'd take Digimons score wheel, (which would represent the percentage completion of each player's episode), put in three different types of decks or one deck with three different types of card, character (e.g Happy Graham, Scared Graham, Angry Graham, Kathleen, Paul, Zombie Paul), prop (nerf gun, cats, time machine, shakey camera), and scene/event cards, (alien invasion, Moonbase, Desert Bus ect.)

i would play this game...

Graham_LRR:

Digikid:

We've been on The Escapist for a year now. I admire your tenacity, to return every week to something you dislike.

Whoa bucko. Settle. DO you want me to lie and say I loved it? Sorry but I must speak the truth and the truth is that I did not like it. I will tell you each time that I do not like something so you that may IMPROVE on that.

I was laughing until he said to click the shirt a fifth time, and curiously I did, then I laughed more because I fell for it

i never thought to create something like this, brilliant job, very clever

Well, I clicked the shirt... figured there's no harm in trying. But the game crashed until I tried clicking it again. D:

That being said, brilliant as always, even though it caused me no end of grief.
"I swear I'm no idiot! I'd shoot them down if I could!"

I thought they were trying to trick me... so I didn't click!!
Oddly enough, played Monkey Island not so long ago :P

Absolutely hilarious, guys :D
I kinda wish you had something like this... just so I could pretend..... :P

Ah, to be a child of the 90s again.
Loved the whole thing, give yourselves a pat on the back everyone!
Highlight was Graham and Matt- "type your name or I won't know who I'm yelling at for being an idiot!"

Man, here I was thinking that I was the only idiot clicking. Someone needs to bribe the LRR crew, get them to film successful actions, and make this damn game.

I knew better, but still clicked on the shirt.

I then proceeded to press backspace in an attempt to change my name from TypeYourNameHere. :(

Double post, woops /:

it was like return to zork, but i was actually able to complete it.

furthermore, this needs to be made into an actual game. i would definitely spend 60 bucks and a weekend to get 100% on this

Is it weird if I say there were moments where I actually thought it WAS a game?

Digikid:

Graham_LRR:

Digikid:

Whoa bucko. Settle. DO you want me to lie and say I loved it? Sorry but I must speak the truth and the truth is that I did not like it. I will tell you each time that I do not like something so you that may IMPROVE on that.

Dude, I'm not upset, I don't need to "settle".

Obviously I don't want you to lie, comedy is subjective, and if you don't like something that's fine.

But saying that you're telling us, "so [we] can improve" is kind of silly, when you never actually tell us what you didn't like. You just say it sucked, or was lame, or not funny. These things don't actually help us at all to make any changes.
Thanks though!

I found this to be an amusing parody of all those FMV games I used to enjoy. I especially liked the intentional mismatch in camera height / angle of Matt and Graham compared to the background when the aliens were attacking the moonbase. I'd forgotten about how common misalignment between foreground and background used to be in those games.

In the games that were the inspiration for this video, there was a distinct look, possibly due to the low bitrate or color depth, which was well simulated in this video. How was that recreated? I've been trying to figure out if it's just a reduction in color range or maybe something like shifting curves for highlights and shadows in the images.

idk if anyone else said this, but i feel that this game was more of the floppy disk type of game than for cd rom

I just fully expect next week's video to have pirate Jer and construction Alex.

I really enjoyed this video. It had the right, oldschool point and click adventure game feel to it.

Too good!

spacecowboy86:
wait, did no one else get it to work? my movie was awesome! there were ninjas and bears and sharks, and in the end Kathleen was like "Yay, I can't wait for you to come back tomorrow!"
best... game... ever!

It looks like it only works in Opera.

Best so far, without question! Really hit that nostalgic note and made me wish the old games actually HAD a 'don't click' option.

Graham_LRR:
The LRR CD ROM Game

All the fun of LRR with the added irritation of changing CDs every 10 minutes.

Watch Video

I used to have the laser they used on the aliens! its from one of they laser tag set things aye?

The game seemed like it would be fun to play, to start off with. There were issues with my mouse and the game simply waited a while, then played those sections by itself. I found that very disappointing.

The acting was also bad, as the actors broke character repeatedly.

I searched the disc box thoroughly, but did not find the T-Shirt referred to at the beginning of the game.

Finally, it was too short. I would not recommend this game, even to LRR fans.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here