Unskippable: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

It's refreshing to have an Italian protagonist that isn't Mario.

Watch Video

Ah sweet another awsome vid

i too am expecting that every day, but mildly suprised

Awesome as always guys.

Still not sure whether to play Ass Creed 2 or Brotherhood, I'm still slightly put off by the lack of truly moving forward with the series so I never really bothered.

"An enema?"
Well that would explain why Altair was such a...
douche

Oh god.

This was golden.

Yeah, I thought the beginning of this game was confusing too.

Another great vid.

Is that why Ubisoft didn't do a Canadian exclusive called "Assassin's Nickleback"?

Trogdor1138:
Awesome as always guys.

Still not sure whether to play Ass Creed 2 or Brotherhood, I'm still slightly put off by the lack of truly moving forward with the series so I never really bothered.

There is some progression with the main overarching story, but do it anyway, they're f*cking awesome games :) If you played AC1 and then AC3 (assuming that's the Desmondy game) you'd be a little confused.

Also, am I the only one who wants a Rodrigo and a Mario costume for the ACB? I want to play as all the characters...

These robes are pimp! Imma have these. I say that all the time! Just replace robes with "Hobo's Clothes".

Ezio Auditore has an uncle Mario and they make the "itsa me Mario!" reference in Assassin's creed II...

Okay, I have no idea what I just saw there. That scene made even less sense than that scene from Assassin's Creed 2.

So anyway, did you replay that scene, only without tapping X in that QTE just to see what happened?

Didn't expect Paul to reference the LRR skit "Unaccustomed", but that was a nice touch.

One last thing: Not ALL Creed is bad. I mean, there's this:

"Altar ibn La-Ahad has been randomly selected for more screening"-Paul

I tried clicking the robes....

Good episode despite the fact I'll probably never play it.

Graham_LRR:
It's refreshing to have an Italian protagonist that isn't Mario.

And isn't a mobster, either (well, not in the Godfather/Goodfellas/Sopranos sense, anyway). That's one of the reasons Ezio's one of my favourite game characters. Much as I loved seeing him again in AC:B, though, I'd hate for him to wear out his welcome. I want to see a new ancestor and historical setting for AC3.

But Ubisoft? Please, no more isolated quick time events in the middle of cutscenes.

Actually, I'm one of those italians with "that" name...

HankMan:
"An enema?"
douche

ba dum tish...

Trogdor1138:
Awesome as always guys.

im sorry, lack of moving forward where?
the story is much better experienced in 2 than 1
in brotherhood there are some mayor revelations that move everything forward

gameplay wise 2 was a big overhaul of what 1 was with more interesting mechanics

and brotherhood tweeked those same mechanics to perfection

now i am one of the first to say "screw multiplayer" when it gets on the way of rating a video game, but in brotherhood, aside from the fantastic gameplay and the incredible story (which is quite good in my oppinion) the multiplayer aspect is a nice addition to the game, it actually is a breath of fresh air from the heavily FPS market of multiplayer, if anything give 2 a rent (just to keep up with the story) and buy brotherhood

and if you mean "not italy again!" well... i agree with you in that :P

well, guys, you might wanna play AC2 before you play ACB :/
also, You dare mock the name of Mario? You must die! (right franchise, wrong series, I know :P)

HentMas:

HankMan:
"An enema?"
douche

ba dum tish...

Trogdor1138:
Awesome as always guys.

im sorry, lack of moving forward where?
the story is much better experienced in 2 than 1
in brotherhood there are some mayor revelations that move everything forward

gameplay wise 2 was a big overhaul of what 1 was with more interesting mechanics

and brotherhood tweeked those same mechanics to perfection

now i am one of the first to say "screw multiplayer" when it gets on the way of rating a video game, but in brotherhood, aside from the fantastic gameplay and the incredible story (which is quite good in my oppinion) the multiplayer aspect is a nice addition to the game, it actually is a breath of fresh air from the heavily FPS market of multiplayer, if anything give 2 a rent (just to keep up with the story) and buy brotherhood

and if you mean "not italy again!" well... i agree with you in that :P

Oh, I'm sure the gameplay is very much improved with the sequels. I meant more the fact the "new protagonist" is essentially Altair to me and I was dissapointed when I saw the first news of Creed 2. I thought we'd get a whole new spin on it, possibly even the futuristic installment by now.

I mainly dislike playing a game when I don't feel its doing anything for me, I was a bit put off again with Brotherhood seeming more like an Expansion (especially when they said way back with the first game that it was intended as a trilogy, so what the hell?).

Still, since Brotherhood is out it means 2 will be cheaper now, so if I see it for a good price I might just pick it up soon. Then play Brotherhood when that drops and so on.

That Max Headroom joke caught me by surprise so well that I laughed at it more than I thought I would.

That was a pretty good one, I liked the Tron crack and the line "And now you're blind!" when he wouldn't stop looking into the sun like that. This game is very confusing.... D:

Hahahahahaha! "Small mercies!" indeed.
Although a Rancor in Renaissance Italy would be awesome!

I probably shouldn't have watched that without actually playing the game yet. Meh, atleast I'll be able to try out what happens if you don't press....whatever X is on the PC.

And that last shameful whimper by Graham was golden. keep it up guys!

Trogdor1138:
Awesome as always guys.

Play Brotherhood, if you don't like the SP campaign you can just play the MP instead which is a totally different game and even has it's own storyline (although it's not needed and only furthers the pointless present story). I hate the present part, I swear I have yet to leave the animus unless I really needed too, If I were in charge Desmond dies but his DNA is used in the Animus still so that all we have is the older assassin part not any of the present day crap.

Warforger:

Trogdor1138:
Awesome as always guys.

Play Brotherhood, if you don't like the SP campaign you can just play the MP instead which is a totally different game and even has it's own storyline (although it's not needed and only furthers the pointless present story). I hate the present part, I swear I have yet to leave the animus unless I really needed too, If I were in charge Desmond dies but his DNA is used in the Animus still so that all we have is the older assassin part not any of the present day crap.

I think you'll find market research shows that present day crap is what key demographics are all about these days.

My name is Desmond Miles, and I approve this message.

I think we can all agree that Assassin's Creed's story is an overblown, plot-hole-ridden Da Vinci Code ripoff... still a fun game, just don't expect it to make sense.

did he say "schmutz"?
schmutz aint italian... schmutz is german...
fix your european-languages!

... racist americans ... wait... was i beeing racist there?
damn my german roots... jk i am half spanish ;-)

Still looks interesting though as I feared like Yahtzee stated its Assassins Creed 2.5. I have no desire to play the multiplayer but the single player doesn't seem to warrant a 60 dollar purchase.

"And we are assassins, for we assassinate for the good of mankind."
"Really? I thought they assassinate for Money."

Haha, that was what I was thinking. People do dirty deeds for cash pretty much, and mainly that actually. Great review, I liked this video and noticed that well.. the main character plus his virtual self looks different. It's interesting really.

"really? I thought assassin's killed people for money"
huh...me too!
and the Tron/Grid comment made me snicker/chuckle right as I took a sip of my Coke
I agree that every pit should have a Rancor in it

HAHAHA Ezio's gonna be Luigi from now now on
and Mario was-er, is awesome

I really liked that crack about Altier at the Airport.

The ending line in the credits was great too.

"Assassin's Creed sounds worse than it really is. Assassins just stab you, they don't actually make you listen to Creed. Small mercies"

Mario is also a fairly common name here on Mexico.

OT: Great episode, as always, I'm looking forward to the next enema... er I mean episode.

omicron1:
I think we can all agree that Assassin's Creed's story is an overblown, plot-hole-ridden Da Vinci Code ripoff... still a fun game, just don't expect it to make sense.

Where exactly does it not make sense? It takes some really weird turns, but the only parts that don't make sense are the parts that we clearly aren't supposed to understand yet.

The thing that I love is that it's pretty much the only example of high-concept sci-fi I can think of in games, and it's a damn good one in its own right. You know, the kind of story that's all about dreaming up some fantastical technology, showing us how it works, and then showing us how it all goes horribly wrong. While I doubt we'd find anything like the Templar Conspiracy, the fact remains that if we were capable of looking into the past like this many parts of our history would be almost unrecognizable.

And hey, as far as plotlines go I happen to think the Conspiracy is pretty good anyways.

Mike Richards:

omicron1:

Where exactly does it not make sense? It takes some really weird turns, but the only parts that don't make sense are the parts that we clearly aren't supposed to understand yet.

The thing that I love is that it's pretty much the only example of high-concept sci-fi I can think of in games, and it's a damn good one in its own right. You know, the kind of story that's all about dreaming up some fantastical technology, showing us how it works, and then showing us how it all goes horribly wrong. While I doubt we'd find anything like the Templar Conspiracy, the fact remains that if we were capable of looking into the past like this many parts of our history would be almost unrecognizable.

And hey, as far as plotlines go I happen to think the Conspiracy is pretty good anyways.

By which I mean, it's not consistent with our reality.

It's reasonably internally consistent, but it takes itself way too seriously for what is, essentially, make-believe masquerading as alternate history.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here