Name Game: Wilhelm's Work

Pages PREV 1 2

Mysnomer:

Madara XIII:
Damn that would have been awesome though, to have him come back. Too bad he had a crappy death just like his dad.

You know he didn't actually die. He was rescued by another bounty hunter. Granted, this is in novels published later, and some people ignore them as canon, but I think they're a pretty valid source.

God dang it all! I really need to find those Novels now.

Arkhangelsk:

Vault Citizen:

Mr. Omega:
I prefer this scream over the Wilhelm one.

But yeah, this was a good one, and now I will count the words that guy said.

I counted only 25

No, he said 29 words. Did you count when he said "Lucky number is 29"?

Numbers counting as one word.

I think it is funnier that i went back to check. And that him using his fingers made more sense when i did

OctalLord:

Mysnomer:

Madara XIII:
Damn that would have been awesome though, to have him come back. Too bad he had a crappy death just like his dad.

You know he didn't actually die. He was rescued by another bounty hunter. Granted, this is in novels published later, and some people ignore them as canon, but I think they're a pretty valid source.

In the book I read he left of his own accord and was later grouped up with another bounty hunter.

Madara XIII:

God dang it all! I really need to find those Novels now.

According to the font of knowledge, it seems it's been retconned, and he escaped on his own.

Okay, so he had always escaped the Sarlacc on his own, but he was on the verge of death and the other bounty hunter rescued him.

OK are we counting twenty-seven as one or two word. I count them as two word so I counted thirty.

Vault Citizen:

Mr. Omega:

I counted only 25

i counted 32, because numbers are two words...

it's twenty nine, not 29

felixader:
Ahem, sorry if i ask but what is the joke here?

He only said 28 words before he screamed I believe, so he screamed to make it 29.

If you count the numbers as if you were actually saying them (ie. twenty-nine) then he actually says 33 or thirty three words...
If you count the written number as it is on the comic (ie. 29 is a single word) then it is indeed 29 words. I have the tally marks to prove if you'd like a picture....

Legion:

felixader:

He only said 28 words before he screamed I believe, so he screamed to make it 29.

No the joke is that there are some really creepy ass fanboys who know way too much about really obscure shit and then go to game stores expecting everyone there to be equally creepy and weird and appreciate their "dedication" (which in reality is basically stalking without all the illegal stuff). I frequent the Games Workshop near me and people like this always walk in.... The employees and I tend to mock them relentlessly.

Vault Citizen:

Mr. Omega:

I counted only 25

You have to count the numbers as a word, then it makes twenty nine. Well played though.

dubious_wolf:

Legion:

felixader:

No the joke is that there are some really creepy ass fanboys who know way too much about really obscure shit and then go to game stores expecting everyone there to be equally creepy and weird and appreciate their "dedication" (which in reality is basically stalking without all the illegal stuff). I frequent the Games Workshop near me and people like this always walk in.... The employees and I tend to mock them relentlessly.

Ah, ok thanks that makes a bit more sense.

But somehow the whole deal wasn't very funny to me. And i really liked the last three Strips before that. :-P

In the expanded universe Boba Fett escaped the sarlac pit.... three times... I think. Might be off by one or two in either direction. I also belive he has a rather high jedi kill count as well.

ahahaha, that was great. This is the kind of thing that I like about this comic... don't ask me what that is, but it is.

and yes I counted too

Nice that you counted!
Does that mean that he can do another cycle of 29 now, or is done?
...just bugs me...

The Cheezy One:
Mmmmm... Alix........

What can I say? I am a sucker for a brunette with a cute nose. Which is why I will never leave the Escapist - Alix, Erin Stout and Kathleen...

Add Tally to that list and I agree... what?

Seriously though, I am sad enough that I actually counted the guy's words. And I love hearing the Wilhelm scream, it's sort of a film geek's hidden sign nowadays in films. I always look out for it whenever I see a film now that has scenes where people are screaming. Always a joy to hear. And of course, every single Star Wars film has it at least once... :D.

Legion:

felixader:

You must have miscounted, because he said 29 words, then the scream. Trust me, I checked. Yes, I am sad like that.

HankMan:

Madara XIII:

standokan:
That guy may have a Boba FettISH *badum-tish*

LMAO! The moment he screamed I automatically remembered Boba Fett's horrible and abrubt death vividly......He screamed like a wuss XD

Come on! You know perfectly well Boba was drunk at the time!
Besides the Sarlak's belch was hilarious!

Ya know George actually intended to have Fett escape from the pit when he shot Episode 6, but it didn't fit into the established storyline.

yea, too bad we have to read about how he escapes and lives to fuck more shit up in the expanded universe.....

To everyones delight, Boba Fett didn't die in the sarlacc (those thinks take a thousand years to properly digest someone, and beskar armor is good for something). He does appear in the expanded universe, and he's still kicking ass.

Mr. Omega:

Whenever I hear this scream, I'm thinking Star Wars and Half-Life 2.

Freaking Trekkies, or Warsies... whatever their moms call them.

Trivun:

Legion:

felixader:

You must have miscounted, because he said 29 words, then the scream. Trust me, I checked. Yes, I am sad like that.

Actually I didn't count at all, I just assumed it was supposed to be the joke. Although someone else has quoted me and explained it isn't, so I now have no idea why he screams.

I think your characters are starting to melt.

Mysnomer:

Madara XIII:

if their treated as canon by lucas studios they are official canon

Madara XIII:

standokan:

LMAO! The moment he screamed I automatically remembered Boba Fett's horrible and abrubt death vividly......He screamed like a wuss XD

*Faceslap* Oh, now I get why he screamed...

VondeVon:

Madara XIII:

standokan:

*Faceslap* Oh, now I get why he screamed...

LOL yeah here's the video of his screw up. It starts at 3:40

Irony's Acolyte:
Wow, I mean, Boba Fett is pretty cool and all but memorizing the number of words he said in two movies... that's a little much. I guess its better than remembering how many words a major character like Han spoke. That would be ridiculous.

Mr. Omega:

That sounds like the noise the academy makes for the Terran in Starcraft. Weird.

It's just a stock sound - I hear stuff like that all the time in games. There's Morrowind sounds in Pokémon Snap and Guitar Hero 3, and every door in the universe sounds the same.

To all of those who fail at counting...
He does say 29 words. That's including the numbers, which are being counted as "twenty-nine" and "twenty-seven", so each spoken number is one word.

standokan:

Ahh lame puns i hope they never stop

I don't know if I'm comfortable with someone knowing that information either.

Arkhangelsk:

Vault Citizen:

Mr. Omega:

I counted only 25

No, he said 29 words. Did you count when he said "Lucky number is 29"?

Weird, I had thought you were being incredibly weird and were saying that the comment you responded to only said 25 words because that's how many words they said.
ARRRRRRRRRGH!!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or