Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Hottest Blonde Chicks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

also,
I just realised,

SHE FORGOT JEANETTE!!!!

If you have played VTMB and not completely drooled everytime she showed up u are legally
dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNlJ-K4d-0

Watch this and tell me lisa is not completely utterly wrong. but you wont, because she is

Okay, Lisa, you really need to concentrate on the jokes more, and not on wearing revealing outfits. The shirt you wore in this episode was just too revealing to seem natural, and the jokes were sparse and unfunny (at least to me). Concentrate on having clever and funny writing, not on the looking sexy please.

maddawg IAJI:

Yog Sothoth:
So, posting "Hottest Chick" threads is discouraged here unless it's a featured segment now? WTF, Escapist?

Ya, and Yahtzee swears and compares everything to dicks. You follow and agree to follow the user guidelines, not the words and actions of the producers.

See my response where I already addressed this, it's literally the post right before yours. We both posted at nearly the same time...

And as far as I know, policy here says that I can fucking swear all I want and compare things to cocks or assholes or whatever, so long as I'm not derailing the conversation and actually contributing something to the discussion.

The hands on hips thing REALLY has to stop, or atleast be less prominent, maybe have a few less scenes of you and more of you talking over some ingame footage of the character.

Was a good list though and I definitely agree with number 1. Though I didn't really like her hair in Other M.

I think the reason the "Top 5 with Lisa Foilles" segment bothers me so much is because the Escapist consistently holds a very pro-feminist view of women both in games and in the industry as a whole, and argues against their use as 2-dimensional sex objects to sell things to men - then they turn around and give Foilles a weekly slot where she dresses up in tiny outfits, jumps around a bit, gives us very little content and shows us how generally awkward she is in front of a camera (I don't care if she was on All That in the 90s, her general charisma and mannerisms on film are on par with a teenage Youtube vlogger).

It's very, very obvious both in the comments section and the segment itself that the only reason Foilles is popular is because she's marketing her sex appeal. I would expect this level of pandering and female objectification from the Spike Videogame Awards - not from the Escapist.

A top 5 list of hot video game blondes? Really? This passes for content on escapistmagazine.com? And a character from a game known for it's gender issues is #1 on the list?

Ariosona:
The hands on hips thing REALLY has to stop, or atleast be less prominent, ~snip

I was posting here to say just this thing.

It's not so much annoying, as it is kind of terrifying. I'm waiting for her to force choke me through the screen for my lack of amusement at all of the jokes.

... Where is princess Zelda from Twlight princess/Ocarina of time?

MasochisticMuse:
I think the reason the "Top 5 with Lisa Foilles" segment bothers me so much is because the Escapist consistently holds a very pro-feminist view of women both in games and in the industry as a whole, and argues against their use as 2-dimensional sex objects to sell things to men - then they turn around and give Foilles a weekly slot where she dresses up in little outfits, jumps around a bit, gives us very little content and shows us how generally awkward she is in front of a camera (I don't care if she was on All That in the 90s, her general charisma and mannerisms on film are on par with a teenage Youtube vlogger).

It's very, obvious, both in the comments section and the segment itself that the only reason Foilles is popular is because she's marketing her sex appeal. I would expect this level of pandering and female objectification from the Spike Videogame Awards - not from the Escapist.

A top 5 list of hot video game blondes? Really? This passes for content on escapistmagazine.com? And a character from a game known for it's gender issues is #1 on the list?

Finally, a voice of reason! This is exactly what I've been saying as well, see my earlier posts in this thread.

Shame on you, Escapist.

Young Samus doesn't exist. It was a clone created by a team of ninjas (see what I did there?) to destroy the image of Samus and make her popular in the strange country of Ja pan...step 3: profit.

MisterShine:

Ariosona:
The hands on hips thing REALLY has to stop, or atleast be less prominent, ~snip

I was posting here to say just this thing.

It's not so much annoying, as it is kind of terrifying. I'm waiting for her to force choke me through the screen for my lack of amusement at all of the jokes.

I've said that for 3 or 4 of her videos already. We should make a petition!

Ah, Elaina, you are so a white bred picket fence time with a jar fulla Nathan tears. Or something.

You look waaaaay better with dark hair Lisa! Go back!

Good enough episode, but I couldn't get into this one like the last one, mostly because I'm not that into blondes.

pearsmb06:
Why dye it? You look really good with brown hair.

Because blondes are overrated and I guess she wants ratings...

Er...is it bad that this is the first video I've ever watched in this series? It is? Oops...
No Rikku? Is she too old now? Samus was the perfect spot for number one though.

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:

Yog Sothoth:
So, posting "Hottest Chick" threads is discouraged here unless it's a featured segment now? WTF, Escapist?

72 before obligatory "Double standards between users and talents *sniff* post? Disappoint, I am.

Heh, I wasn't bemoaning the fact that we can't post such things, rather:

A: There is a good reason for that policy; the Escapist is above such base topics and they quickly devolve into the objectification of women, which is not ok.

B: The best way to lead is by example. Contradicting your own rule(s) creates dissent in your troops and erodes your authority, thereby making the rule more difficult to enforce.

C: I was personally shocked and even mildly offended that the Escapist would feature such a thing at the top of the front page.

I come here for a more enlightened view than what's offered other places, if I want to talk about boobs, I'll go to College Humor, 4chan, or some other such place.

Am I the only one here that is thinking like this...?

Bingo. I come here to view, review, discuss, and be informed about video games, and other media related issues. Not... this.

Also, to the quoters, "lol-ing" up your sleeve at your own cleverness in assuming that I'd be banned for the sheer gall of posting my un-offensive opinion, is right up there with the junior fascist's most fave things ever. Do me a favor, and save your wit for something productive.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

Huh, my pants are suddenly tighter. Strange.

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:

Yog Sothoth:

72 before obligatory "Double standards between users and talents *sniff* post? Disappoint, I am.

A: There is a good reason for that policy; the Escapist is above such base topics and they quickly devolve into the objectification of women, which is not ok.

B: The best way to lead is by example. Contradicting your own rule(s) creates dissent in your troops and erodes your authority, thereby making the rule more difficult to enforce.

C: I was personally shocked and even mildly offended that the Escapist would feature such a thing at the top of the front page.

I come here for a more enlightened view than what's offered other places, if I want to talk about boobs, I'll go to College Humor, 4chan, or some other such place.

And for the record, the inevitable objectification of women is precisely one of the reasons why I am so opposed to the concept of "sex sells".

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

So Samus actually has a laser beam shot that enables a close-up of her left tit?
That's pretentious to the max.

Heiwa Thonglor:
Heeeeeey, I may be delusional here but wasn't Samus at first anime green for hair color in the first metroid game? guess i gotta go dust off my NES and find out

That was actually my first thought, but I guess if Jill made it because she's now a blonde that works for Samus as well

Sampler:
Where were those Parasite Eve 2 shots from - pretty sure I've worn out my PE2 PSX disc and don't recall the tentacle shot - is there some sequel or re-version I'm missing out on?

/runs off to google

/yells back over shoulder "you looked better brunette"

It's from the upcoming "3rd Birthday" on the PSP I believe.

Good episode. Personal opinion though: Lisa looks better with the brown hair, but the Harley Quinn cosplay was awesome

No Jeanatte from Vampire Masquerade ?!?!?!?!?

is disappointed.

Great work as always, Lisa. But do me two favors, do NOT cut off those beautiful long locks of yours, pixie cuts are way over-rated. Secondly, I know it's winter, but I think you need just a touch of sun. Winter sucks. >_>

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:

Yog Sothoth:

The New Yorker is that way, brah. This is a game rag kept polite by a vague list of rules and some osmosised Candianity from the LRR crew.

Hmm for some reason I really like this one. Lisa you looked awesome as Harley!

And don't cut off that gorgeous blond hair Lisa!

I'm sorry but... really? I've been liking this show so far, but the whole sex appeal thing was a tad too obvious this episode.
Try to tone down the "BOOBIES LUL" and it'd make the show a lot better. And also, Lisa, put some more general clothes on. Okay, we get it, you look better than most women, fine, that doesn't mean we want to see cleavage or push ups every episode.

I never did find Samus too attractive. =\

Scrumpmonkey:

You know my ex-girlfreind once dressup up as Harely Quinn [1]

It's the little things in life that crack me up. xD

[1] Then her perants walked in on us...

MasochisticMuse:
I think the reason the "Top 5 with Lisa Foilles" segment bothers me so much is because the Escapist consistently holds a very pro-feminist view of women both in games and in the industry as a whole, and argues against their use as 2-dimensional sex objects to sell things to men - then they turn around and give Foilles a weekly slot where she dresses up in tiny outfits, jumps around a bit, gives us very little content and shows us how generally awkward she is in front of a camera (I don't care if she was on All That in the 90s, her general charisma and mannerisms on film are on par with a teenage Youtube vlogger).

It's very, very obvious both in the comments section and the segment itself that the only reason Foilles is popular is because she's marketing her sex appeal. I would expect this level of pandering and female objectification from the Spike Videogame Awards - not from the Escapist.

Yes, yes, pandering. Misogyny. Sex appeal. *checks watch* Got it. It's female and thus has boobs, so it's all about the sex appeal. Dudes love video after video about video game fashion and stuff.
If we chivalrage at it enough, maybe we can get her canned. And then all the girls will know how pro-feminist and stuff we are.
(And she needs to put some more clothes on. A strapped-shirt or T-shirt and a skirt or jeans (week after week)? Salacious. Pandering. Sex appeal. Insert buzzword here. Be ashamed of yourself, Lisa. Get this woman a cowl.)

Yeah, The Escapist being pro-feminist. I'd do a spit take if I was drinking anything.

edit: Oops.
edit 2: I would want to see her do a video dressed in a White Mage cowl, now that you mention it.

I liked this list. I haven't heard of a few of the people on it but from what I have seen I should investigate further. Hot blondes are hot (and blonde).

So, does anyone else wanna see Lisa in Harley Quinn outfit? I know I do. Also, Lisa, dark hair is way hotter than blonde. So yeah, change it back.

Haha this was a good episode. The Harley Quinn cos-play was very good.

I see no problem with this series. So many white knights. Yeesh.

Polock:
Haha this was a good episode. The harley quinn was co-play was very good.

I see no problem with this series. So many white knights. Yeesh.

I see what you did there.

mr_rubino:

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:

The New Yorker is that way, brah. This is a game rag kept polite by a vague list of rules and some osmosised Candianity from the LRR crew.

The rules here are anything but vague and are enforced vigorously. You may want to actually read them if you haven't already.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

Yog Sothoth:

mr_rubino:

Yog Sothoth:

The rules here are anything but vague and are enforced vigorously. You may want to actually read them if you haven't already.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

I've read them. They're wishy-washy at best and enforced at a whim. And they were updated to that... jumble rather recently, about the time this series arrived.

EDIT: In fact, the well-worn joke is that it was updated to defend Lisa specifically.

And the shamelessness reaches a new level...

Kinda funny how of all gaming stations NINTENDO has the sexiest blonde, it's a disturbance in the gaming force.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here