Escapist News Network: Inside the Newsroom

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

A very good change of pace, like everyone has said. If you were still on the old weekly schedule instead of the current fortnightly one, then I would have said that ENNN once a month/every 4 weeks as an alternative would be a good idea.

Certainly if you guys wanted to change completely from ENN to this format instead then I don't see how people would complain, it's just a different way of presenting the funny =)

*thumbs up*

I did like this. I am glad I liked this. I would hate to have to hate you guys.....or see you go the way or doralious and associates.....

This is my new favorite episode of ENN. I really liked how all four of you were sitting at the brainstorm table and not just giving us video game news but talking with each other like all groups of friends do about numerous other kinds of related topics. Simplicity in this episode is given with dropping the news at 10pm styles making it more better than what I though this episode was gonna be. I hope to see more episodes like this but every now and then because I wouldn't like the news at 10pm style to be phased out.

I probably wouldn't want to see that everyday (I like the "slick" presentation of ENN), but every now and then (once a month?) would be good. By which I mean I liked it, but I also like the other style. This reminded me (happily) of Cracked's After Hours program, as well as Scott and Kris's Blamimations, especially with the "also, ghosts are real" line. Good job!

I loved this. So much.

Nothing is worse than COmic Sans

I KNEW that one of the logos would be in comic sans, and that's what I would have done too.

That was fun, but I wouldn't like this kind of thing to become the new ENN. Instead, why not continue ENN and also bring the Phailhaüs back?

(Is it just me, or are the crew getting bored with ENN?)

vxicepickxv:
I like it as a change of pace, but I'd rather see the news format more often than not. I could see it done once in a while, like when you hit your 5's and your 0's. But for the most part, I would rather see the news format.

Of course, the outtakes are good, so if you're a pub club member go watch them. If not, join, then go watch them, love them.

"fly????"

I could go along with that. I still like the traditional ENN feel, but the newsroom could be a fun little occasional happenstance that you season us with.

Though I feel somewhat out of place in that I actually kind of like the new THQ logo.

Decently funny, but the Onion News style is far far funnier.

i like that.
(silence)
and nothing more.
;-)

Add my voice to the love for Phailhaus.

I'll eat it up in whatever form it's delivered.

Definitely felt more natural and spontaneous, which makes for a lot of fun. But I can't imagine this being a permanent change. Also doesn't the IP for Oni belong to Take2 Interactive now?

WHY DO THEY NOT GIVE US ONI 2
WHYYYYY
also very well done

That was great guys. I want to see more!

I love it.

I loved it, I watched the ENN: Rejected first (Cos I'm silly :D) and I was like, hmm thats different... XD

Anyway I think I prefer this to ENN. ENNN>ENN? Well it must be it has another N

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at "Toy Head Quality" XD

Anyway it was great and can't wait to see more

Maybe you could alternate this with enn weekly? So one week this then the next enn? That would be great

Wait, did ENN's budget just get cut?

No wait, did ENN have a budget?

I wouldn't want it as a permanent replacement but I would like it as an occational thing.

*edit* Are the LRRies coming soon? :D

I like it the old way. Still a good episode, but... don't fix what is not broken.

I really liked this, and I wouldn't mind this being the new permanent format, but it would kind of lose it's identity as ENN...like these guys are saying, it was basically Phailhaus with video game news, which isn't bad but it doesn't have ENN's feel.

But they really should do this every once in a while. It was absolutely great.

I think I prefer this (watches it again) Yup, I prefer this.

I like this format, I think it would be a good every now and then sort of thing.

Great video guys! It seemed a fair amount like the house of phial came to the escapist but it was fantastic!

I enjoyed this episode very much(especially the old guy joke). I would like to see some more of them.

As fond as I am of this Phailhouse take on ENN, I also like the news format a little more. Mostly just because the flow from each story feels a lot nicer in that format. But this is pretty good too, if a bit long.

I liked it, but wouldn't want it to replace the usual format. Its a bit too... wandering.

This is great! However, weekly would be nice...

Hey Graham! I LIKED THIS ONE!

SHOCKER! LOL!!!!

I liked it a lot, maybe cause I found it very reminiscent of Phailhaus... speaking of, when y'all gonna come out with another Phailhaus?

Loving the new format. Feels kind of like a gaming round-table discussion. Almost a funny version of 60 minutes.

Pugiron:
I am not sure why you guys seem to resent ENN.

Arjen Swellengrebel:

I'm sorry if that's how it looks, but it's not at all. We love ENN. We always have a blast making it.

But! The fact is, we want it to do well.
Unfortunately the super dry delivery of the early episodes wasn't clicking with most of The Escapist audience, so we switched it up a couple months ago.
This is just another, more substantial switch-up, to see if it would work.

We're trying new things!

Thanks for continuing to support us.

I laughed more with this format than I did with the other format. So I can definitely see you sticking with this format.

Graham_LRR:

Pugiron:

Arjen Swellengrebel:

I'm sorry if that's how it looks, but it's not at all. We love ENN. We always have a blast making it.

Unfortunately the super dry delivery of the early episodes wasn't clicking with most of The Escapist audience, so we switched it up a couple months ago.

We're trying new things!

Yeah, I heard ENN wasn't doing quite as well as other pieces of Escapist content, which is a shame, as it's probably my favourite show on here. Hopefully this'll pull you guys in some more viewers and expand the show, because it's great and unique. The round-table approach for this episode worked brilliantly too.

For some reason I found this episodes funnier than the normal episodes :)

Graham_LRR:

Pugiron:

Arjen Swellengrebel:

We're trying new things!

I think I remember you talking during a postcast about making ENN more about the people delivering the news, instead of the super-dry delivery of the news itself. So I suppose this is a logical continuation of this idea.
However, as someone who reaaally digs the super-dry humour, I massively enjoyed the format of dry news + occasional ramblings and character bits (especially the headshot).

Still, hope this works out for you.

jameskillalot:
WHY DO THEY NOT GIVE US ONI 2
WHYYYYY
also very well done

Because we are living in an uncaring universe, that slowly crushes our happiness into dust........ yeah, sorry, the not-existence of an Oni sequel is kind of a sore point for me....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here