Escapist News Network: Inside the Newsroom

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I want more, no. I NEED MORE!

I thought this was a great way to change things up. It was funny and seemed a bit more shooting from the hip.

I don't know if I would do this every week... I mean, two-weeks, but a couple times a year I think this would be great.

I found that far more hilarious than usual. I was bursting out in laughter.

It was funny, and a nice change, but the format's just too... well, friendly. I've got friends for when I want to hear people bantering, and then I can actually get involved. This just seems like a video saying "well, we're having a good time, but you have to stay outside the window there." The more freeform stuff like Desert Bus worked because it was a two-way thing - this just feels exclusionary.

It's like Phailhaus... with BOARDS!

In other words, awesome... with BOARDS!

That's not to say that boards aren't awesome, just that they add a new level of awesome onto the PhailEnn mix.

This is the coolest thing i have ever seen from ENN, great job

I liked it...but probably as a way to break up ENN. If this happened too often, I'd get a little tired watching this.

DTWolfwood:

BobTheGreatPlusOne:
So it's PhailHaus: ENN?

which is awesome! and my thoughts exactly :D

+1, because apparently my thoughts are completely unoriginal.

More Phailhaus!

... Once a month. Yeah. Do that.

Excellent work!

PhailHaus meets ENN. I like it. ALOT. :D

Thanks for the video guys! Keep it up.

I like it, its something new and personally i think its better

I like how it's just Phailhaus with game news. :P

I actually prefer this format. It sounds more improvised. I know its not. But i like to think it is.

I love the super dry delivery, perhaps I'm just used to that kind of humour, who knows.

Honestly I love you guys, and rarely have disliked anything you've done to date. This is a fun format, it's a nice change of pace, it's more casual, and very reminiscent of Phailhaüs, but I think something was slightly off about it. It could be lack of the text overlay, the random banter between Graham and Kathleen, but there seems like something was missing. With that say, it was a nice change of pace, I enjoyed the drawing up of the new THQ logos, you wouldn't have been able to have done that in a normal ENN segment, so you lose things in order to gain things. So I suppose nothing is really -missing- per se, the simplicity just gives it a different charm.

Overall, love this format, but I'm also a fan of the old format(s), so whichever way you guys go, you have my support.

Interesting experiment, but it didn't really work. Maybe it would be worth another shot if they changed things up a bit

Format now more "TMZ" as opposed to "Daily Show"/"Weekend Update".
Verdict: Works just fine I suppose.

This was a good break with the usual format. Though both have there good points.

I love this new format, its freaking awesome! The old one was getting kind of bland. I also like the 4 people format instead of just 2 (Not saying 2 is bad, still freaking hilarious, just 4 is twice as amazing)

Thats exactly what I was thinking nothing wrong with that though PhailHaus was great.

I approve

I like it. It seemed more natural. Before, it was always "Line of truth. Joke based on truth. Next story." Now it can kind of go any direction within that same format.

Still, whatever you guys do, it will continue to be funny, but it will never be as funny as the stuff you do in Loading Ready Run. <3

DTWolfwood:

BobTheGreatPlusOne:
So it's PhailHaus: ENN?

which is awesome! and my thoughts exactly :D

Phailhaus only for games related media! Yes please!

Aww ninja'd. More games Phail!

The faux seriousness of ENN really added to its charm. This really just felt like screwing around, which I'm sure was fun but it's not really anything special to watch.

I like the new format. It's very conversational.

That was probably my favorite ENN ever haha. THQ logos were so damn funny.

Its good.

Seriously, I lawled. That was awesome. Dunno if it was this particular format or what, but it rocked. Way to go y'all.

Of course, ENNN still needs one more N before it can rival the Australian TV show CNNNN.

That was brilliant, in the quest to make me happy, this video was successful.

I want Mooooo0oooooo0o0oRE!

this was funny and I hope you guys do some more later.

Graham_LRR:

Pugiron:
I am not sure why you guys seem to resent ENN.

Arjen Swellengrebel:
(Is it just me, or are the crew getting bored with ENN?)

I'm sorry if that's how it looks, but it's not at all. We love ENN. We always have a blast making it.

But! The fact is, we want it to do well.
Unfortunately the super dry delivery of the early episodes wasn't clicking with most of The Escapist audience, so we switched it up a couple months ago.
This is just another, more substantial switch-up, to see if it would work.

We're trying new things!

Thanks for continuing to support us.

Between ENN going biweekly and this episode, it just hit me that that might be the reason. But, trying new things is always appreciated.

By the way, now that I had your attention, I might as well add: since I started making comedy videos, you guys have been my number one heroes.

You cannot phool me. This is clearly a Phailhaüs episode. Also, this was very phunny.

Not that normal ENN is bad, but this new more casual format is a huge improvement.

Graham_LRR:

Pugiron:
I am not sure why you guys seem to resent ENN.

Arjen Swellengrebel:
(Is it just me, or are the crew getting bored with ENN?)

I'm sorry if that's how it looks, but it's not at all. We love ENN. We always have a blast making it.

But! The fact is, we want it to do well.
Unfortunately the super dry delivery of the early episodes wasn't clicking with most of The Escapist audience, so we switched it up a couple months ago.
This is just another, more substantial switch-up, to see if it would work.

We're trying new things!

Thanks for continuing to support us.

THANK YOU!

ENN was good, but didn't feel original as that format is used by SO many outlets (SNN Weekend Update, The Onion, to name a few)

This casual format (while still not totally original) allows us to see a lot more of your distinct personalities, which makes it fresh and unique and offers us something other outlets don't, namely, YOU GUYS and overall it's really FUNNY.

I think, maybe, and episode of this once a month would be a pretty good balance.

I prefer the old format myself...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or