Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Strife2k7:

Susan Arendt:
Professional wrestling, and I'm not the least bit apologetic about it - despite the fact that one friend of mine actually stopped speaking to me once he found out I enjoyed it.

Same, although no one has ever stopped speaking to me because of it. Sad how far its entertainment value has fallen over the past decade though. I recently found an in-ring promo between Austin and The Rock from 2001 that puts everything done today to shame.

Well, to be fair, they are two of the greatest promo men ever to step in the ring. For real fun, catch something between The Rock and Mick Foley. Or Kevin Nash...now there's a man who could riff.

Susan Arendt:

Strife2k7:

Susan Arendt:
Professional wrestling, and I'm not the least bit apologetic about it - despite the fact that one friend of mine actually stopped speaking to me once he found out I enjoyed it.

Same, although no one has ever stopped speaking to me because of it. Sad how far its entertainment value has fallen over the past decade though. I recently found an in-ring promo between Austin and The Rock from 2001 that puts everything done today to shame.

Well, to be fair, they are two of the greatest promo men ever to step in the ring. For real fun, catch something between The Rock and Mick Foley. Or Kevin Nash...now there's a man who could riff.

Nah, Foley was....ok. Nash was certainly good, but comedy gold came from Austin, Rock and Chris Jericho. I swear though, the promo I'm talking about could be used to teach a Master level class on 'how to make the crowd love you'. Even the ringside commentary stops for something like 10 minutes while these guys work.

The only thing I've been ashamed of is reading a serious fanfic for reasons other than the lulz.

I now dislike it, in retrospect.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or