The Best of The Escapist in 2010

The Best of The Escapist in 2010

A roundup of the best comics, articles and special features on The Escapist in 2010.

Read Full Article

Man, I forgot about the Gaming Heaven and Hell. That was the best Stolen Pixels I read.

"Pixar can suck it!"

Soviet Heavy:
Man, I forgot about the Gaming Heaven and Hell. That was the best Stolen Pixels I read.

i concur.

I thought this Critical Miss was funnier just cause the punch line so completely caught me off guard XD

and the name game #9 was indeed the best imo

What Ghandi wants, Ghandi GETS!

Sing Mordin, Sing!

You know...every now and then I get a little peeved by certain tendencies that I often get from this site and by certain assumptions that are made on certain topics that happen to extend beyond just gaming when it comes to providing a solid analysis on them.

But reading through this list I can't help but think. "Yeah...you know what? It's pretty good all things considered."

I hope you continue churning out good material such as what was listed here in the future and good fortune to you all. :) As for me, my favourites were Gaming Heaven and Hell, Yahtzee's two Extra Punctuations and perhaps also the Genre Wheel.

Though I was missing Brendan Main's "I punch the body electric." on this list. Both the art on that + the article itself had me laughing in tears as I re-read it many times over. Then again it might just be due to my personal distate of motion controls and in what direction they keep persisting in. :D

Speaking of funny Stolen Pixels, whats the deal with it stopping all of a sudden, did his contract expire or something.

Also really enjoyed the list, it was a great look at the previous year

Soviet Heavy:

Agreed, incidentlly do you know why they are'nt bieng made anymore?

Nice list. I'd add the Mario celebration (I think it was for SMG2), and anything Steve Butts wrote. 2010 was a great year for the Escapist; here's hoping for an even better 2011.

imnotparanoid:

Soviet Heavy:

He's doing Shamus Plays now.

HankMan:

imnotparanoid:

Soviet Heavy:

Was'nt he alrready doing that?

Lost In The Void:
Speaking of funny Stolen Pixels, whats the deal with it stopping all of a sudden...

It's a meta-joke - part 2 of the new vegas comic will never appear because of all the bugs.

Seriously, though, I think the guy's just busy.

It was a nice year indeed. And the final comic was epic, though some Critical Misses do come quite close to being as awesome AND true.

imnotparanoid:

HankMan:

imnotparanoid:

craddoke:

It's a meta-joke - part 2 of the new vegas comic will never appear because of all the bugs.

What he said.^

I need to read more of everything here. Those were hilarious!

Nice article, really opened me up to the funny stuff this place can hold.

HankMan:

imnotparanoid:

HankMan:

What he said.^

He actually posted on his blog today saying that this Shamus Plays will end in a few weeks, and then he'll be starting Stolen Pixels again.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=10451

I love the gaming heaven/hell one so much. Its just so true.

I can't remember the name of the feature or the author other than it was written by a mail, but there used to be a article that was hilarous. For example, it talked about how he once pretended to be a female and wrote articles for a australian web-zine, it was all tongue in cheek. I think one of the first ones I read was him being driven back home by his ex-wife and how Battlefield ruined his marriage. I wish I could remember more, but it was super funny and I think it was still going in 2010.

Gahaha @ stolen pixels

Yes. I especially agree with The baby seal thing. It is so wonderfully agressive.

The Hell and Heaven Stolen Pixels strip is sheer genius. Great list!

Soviet Heavy:

This, except I hadn't forgotten it. I could never.

Captcha: Abroote 1829. A fine year indeed, but I prefer the bitter aftertase of an 1835.

I still love that Critical Miss comic. So hilarious!

imnotparanoid:

HankMan:

imnotparanoid:

Yes. Stolen Pixels was on a brief hiatus, but it'll be back soon. :)

I hate Critical Miss, but that Stolen Pixels thing was hilarious. And the WoW timeline was interesting, as were Yahtzee's XP articles.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here