Trailers: Yakuza 4 Trailer

Yakuza 4 Trailer

Take control of one of four characters in the latest game from the Yakuza series.

Watch Video

Note to self:Buy this.

The fighting does look a bit fun, but the voice of the narrator was really weird.
He almost sounded as he didn't give a rat's ass about what he was talking about.

Owlslayer:
The fighting does look a bit fun, but the voice of the narrator was really weird.
He almost sounded as he didn't give a rat's ass about what he was talking about.

Yeah the man was bored and didn't really put energy into it. If you want to see good trailers. Watch the Japanese ones.

You'll be playing Yakuza 4 in Japanese with English Subtitles anyway so you might as well get accustomed to it.

Owlslayer:

I think he was going for a retired detective kind of tone.

Man I wish I could use a motorcycle as a melee weapon.

Didn't the third one come out last year? Sorry, I'm rather ignorant to the Yakuza series, but I remember playing the demo of Yakuza 3 last year.

I also remember how incredibly difficult it was just to stay awake during that demo, so yeah...

Is that Yakuza or Tekken?

Game it self looks dated but if you get to use Jujitsu & Akido thats just fantastic. Much props for the narration in the trailer. Learn a bit of back story in an almost soothing wise old man voice XD

1337mokro:
You'll be playing Yakuza 4 in Japanese with English Subtitles anyway so you might as well get accustomed to it.

Which I just find fucking stupid. Jesus even square enix translate their fucking games, is it really that hard, it takes an extra bollocking year to come out in the west so the least they can do is dub the voices as well as the fucking subtitles.

ProtoChimp:

1337mokro:

Which I just find fucking stupid. Jesus even square enix translate their fucking games, is it really that hard, it takes an extra bollocking year to come out in the west so the least they can do is dub the voices as well as the fucking subtitles.

Fuck that noise. The last thing I want to have in my Yakuza game is a Z-grade Square Dub. The agony of listening to those horribly dubbed lines for 30 hours couldn't measure up to the slight inconvenience of a little bit of reading.

I'm one of the people that are HAPPY they don't attempt a dub because all of those have failed so far.

1337mokro:

ProtoChimp:

1337mokro:

Fuck that noise. The last thing I want to have in my Yakuza game is a Z-grade Square Dub. The agony of listening to those horribly dubbed lines for 30 hours couldn't measure up to the slight inconvenience of a little bit of reading.

I'm one of the people that are HAPPY they don't attempt a dub because all of those have failed so far.

I don't mind the reading but I still don't see the point in waiting a year to release it in the west after it has been in Japan for a year and not dubbing it. But not all dubs suck, maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but there are quite a few really good dubs in anime, I just don't understand why they can't do it for a game.

ProtoChimp:
I just don't understand why they can't do it for a game.

You know, they have dubbed these games before. But, I guess people didn't like the idea of Mark Hamill doing the voice of a Japanese mobster.

Anyways, fucking damn, Yakuza 4, I can't wait to go suplex some motherfuckers and smack them in the face with a bicycle.

And I shall turn water into post.

Raziel_Likes_Souls:

ProtoChimp:
I just don't understand why they can't do it for a game.

You know, they have dubbed these games before. But, I guess people didn't like the idea of Mark Hamill doing the voice of a Japanese mobster.

Anyways, fucking damn, Yakuza 4, I can't wait to go suplex some motherfuckers and smack them in the face with a bicycle.

Yeah, I've actually played the japanese version, it's fucking awesome.

ProtoChimp:
Snipped the quotes are getting a bit to long

I get your point about them at least making a Dub available if they are going to take an entire year between releases instead of having a copy of the script sent to their translators whilst the game is being made for Japan. We'd have to wait about 3 months at best that way.

But it's SEGA, the masters of messing a good franchise up. If your not careful your going to get stuff like this trailer. A horrible uncaring english voiceover. In the Japanese version they had no voiceover announcing names just an awesome rock song playing along it and some Japanese guy shouting like he was announcing a wrestling cage match.

I'm afraid that if they do dub it we only get an English version with no option to keep the Japanese with subtitles so were forced to listen to that guy in the trailer narrate the entire story. And yes animes have had good dubs, it's videogame dubs that are scraping the bottom of the barrels.

Well yay for games industry for cramping yet another game Ive long waited coming to stores on march 2011, a month already cramped to high heaven with titles Im itching to play.

I might as well declare myself legally dead for 2 month after march.

kuolonen:
Well yay for games industry for cramping yet another game Ive long waited coming to stores on march 2011, a month already cramped to high heaven with titles Im itching to play.

You're telling me...

Shit. I've got to get Dragon Age 2, BOTH Pokemon games, Bulletstorm a few weeks before, and Yakuza 4...CRAP! And then Duke Nukem in May. And a fucking 3DS.

Onyx Oblivion:

kuolonen:

You're telling me...

Shit. I've got to get Dragon Age 2, BOTH Pokemon games, Bulletstorm a few weeks before, and Yakuza 4...CRAP! And then Duke Nukem in May. And a fucking 3DS.

Phew! My personal demons will be Dawn of war 2:Retribution, Total war: Shogun2 and Dragon age 2 (and now apparently yakuza4)

Heck, the Shogun 2 alone would take atleast a whole month. If its really good ill be playing it to next fall. ...and with the other titles so nicely cramped with it, Im propaply playing it still when its 2012.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here