Trailers: Duke Nukem Forever Reveal Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I was so excited I couldn't even formulate myself.
But I think the meaning was clear enough.

rockingnic:
I'm definitely getting this game unless they censor it... If they censor ANY bit of it, I'm out.

Dude did you see the list on the "M" rating, really I doubt any of this is going to be censored...and I love it

Day 1 purchase, baby.

Me wantee.

The only bad thing I can say about the trailer is that the one liners sound terrible, and not "funny terrible" either, just generally terrible.

The rest of the stuff shown in the trailer though looks good.

I'm not even a big Duke Nukem fan and I need this

Hardcore_gamer:
The only bad thing I can say about the trailer is that the one liners sound terrible, and not "funny terrible" either, just generally terrible.

What? Them one liners ARE the Duke!

I hope my girlfriend sees the funny side of this game or I imagine shes gonna think a whole lot less of me.

Roboto:

Hardcore_gamer:

What? Them one liners ARE the Duke!

The bubble gum oneliner is from "They Live" and way older than the Duke.
Cheesy they are, and somehow i expected a better delivery.
Still going to play it anyway.

SomeLameStuff:
Awesome!

And they used "Invaders Must Die!" as the trailer music, how appropriate.

Yeah, music just fit perfectly in. Also Prodigy and Duke Nukem were kings back in the 90s, with Invaders Must Die in 2009 and DNF in 2011, it looks like an old era has returned.

O_o

to think i was with the croud of "meh, let the Duke die"

now i can only say i am really interested

Bulletstorm
Duke Nukem Forever

HELL everything seems to be going to the "funny game" market

personall favourites?

"Damn it, Why do they always take the HOT ones?"

"right in the Jewels"

"Hell iŽll still hit it"

hahahahahhahahaha

RC-1290'Dreadnought':
There are multiple warnings of mature content, there's an agegate, and after that 'offensive material' is still bleeped and blurred out!?

Weird...

Nothing can be more dangerous to a child's eyes than a pee stream. Or a hooker still wearing panties.

Hmmmm, it seems that clicking on the enter button accidentally without actually giving your age still lets you access the video. Interesting...

OT: Awesome, can't wait for this. Black Ops eat yer heart out.

Why do I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of references to how long it took to make this game in this game?

Aw, who cares? I can't wait!

Looks classy! :D

Boobs, strippers, gratuitous gore, peeing and liberal use of the word "fuck".
It's motherfucking Duke.

My body is ready

I just duked my pants

God this looks so good. as long as the entire game isn't censored like the trailor it's probably gonna kick ass.

This is exactly what Duke Nukem has always been about, making those stupid politically correct politicians blow a gasket

also
explosions
tits
and swearing

Sixcess:
That looks a lot better than the previous footage we've seen of this game legend.

Looking forward to this, though got to wonder how it's going to play to the CoD/Halo crowd who don't remember Duke 3D.

they should re-release the originals with this game that would be
AWESOME

the trailer alone was unbelievably cathartic...

I hope you can buy, or unlock, an A-O rated version of this game.

ChocoFace:
The end was ingenious.
Totally getting this game.

I was lauhing the whole trailer, that ending almost caused me to fall backwards out of my chair.

After twelve fuc*ing years, it better be. lol

I sincerely can't wait to see the reaction on some of the teenagers of my family as they happen to pick up this game, completely uninformed of Duke's legacy, and witness what my generation grew up with in the 90s.

I really wonder if their reaction will be just another bored 'meh' or if they'll actually start to have a difference of opinion on what actually *is* balls to the walls crass humor.

That said...I think it's fair enough to say that this game is HEAVILY aimed at the teenage audience, in spite of its rating. And tbh, I wouldn't have it any other way. Just hope the gameplay is actually good hahah. :)

Hey they used The Prodigy! AWESOME!

I hope they didn't waste all their best jokes for the trailer... but they probably did. There better be at least a thousand copies of "Why I'm So Great" in there somewhere. I played more sidescrolling Duke than I did 3D Duke.

I didn't like Duke all that much before, but these situations and jokes are just fantastic so far. I really hope that they don't milk the vaporware joke more than they have already, for all our sakes. I'd rather forget the last 13(?) years ever happened, for a variety of reasons.

Lost In The Void:

rockingnic:
I'm definitely getting this game unless they censor it... If they censor ANY bit of it, I'm out.

Dude did you see the list on the "M" rating, really I doubt any of this is going to be censored...and I love it

Just because it's rated "M" doesn't mean that they didn't have to censor anything. There are higher ratings than "M". I'm not saying it's likely to be censored, I'm just saying that if they do, it would ruin the game for me. This IS Duke Nukem after all, anything short of ridiculous out of this world, will be disappointing.

Won't be getting it but it looks like a damn good game anyway

I like how the buttons on the xbox controller spell DUKE

hey, as long as controversy doesn't make them change stuff at the last minute *cough*metal of honor*cough* its gonna be an amazing game, but filled with controversy. I know it would be duke that gave the gaming industry respect (hopefully).

Well, if it doesn't cure at least one type of cancer there's gonna be hell to pay.

This is either going to be epic win of the decade, of the biggest epic fail in gaming history.

Holy bejesus.

That is just too nuts.

Yup, call me back in coach, I'm ready to put my size thirteen boot through an alien's head.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
Well, if it doesn't cure at least one type of cancer there's gonna be hell to pay.

And perhaps solve world hunger and Bring on peace on Earth.

But really, it's been 12 years so there better be something beyond the great Duke humor. I just feel that should be a given after 12 years I would expect a bit more.

That said I will probably still play it, just be a bit disappointed if its only a really funny shooter

This will always be Duke Nukem for me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or