Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Lighting is back in this sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

Watch Video

heard them talking about this in the ENNNNNNN

but... as soon as I saw this I was like, wait... they were serious?!

dear god what is this going to be? sigh. guess I'll have to wait and see. rarely do they continue a final fantasy story and if they are serious in there narrative it might not be so bad.

Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot

Jonesy911:
Even though I really didn't find much to like about ff13 at all I'm still really excited about the sequel because I'm an idiot

Square is king at making exciting trailers for garbage. Don't feel bad.

I have to ask though, why? Doesn't FF13 already have 2 spinoff/sequels in development already that we've heard almost nothing about for the past 3 years? And was FF13 really such a success that people said "We want more?" It really is Square being their Squarest saying "Nah those tards are just to stupid to appreciate it. We know it's amazing so we're gonna do it again." Cause Square knows what we like more than we do.

Please Square, please Squeenix fanboys, stop, please stop. Let the Final Fantasy series die. Stop raping the corpse of a once great series.

I love how these threads are just non-stop FF13 bashing.

I bought the game twice. What? The PS3 version really is better.

While I do think the trailer is very pretty, I do hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make an honest attempt to create a more immersive and open world game like all the previous FFs we love

On that note, I hope they hurry up and remake Final Fantasy V ^_^ It's one of my favorites because of the job changing ability

I actually liked FF13 to be honest, it was better than the shitfest that was 12 anyway. Consider me intrigued.

crouchingtigress01:
While I do think the trailer is very pretty, I do hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make an honest attempt to create a more immersive and open world game like all the previous FFs we love

But FF games never really did anything with their "open worlds". You trekked through them in a linear nature, rarely backtracking, and the world map only hid a few locations full of optional uber bosses.

Nope.

Next!

Hawk of Battle:
I actually liked FF13 to be honest, it was better than the shitfest that was 12 anyway. Consider me intrigued.

I agree ever since the announcement of a XIII-2 I have been kind of excited granted it was not the best FF game but I liked XIII.

I think I already hate this game... That's a weird sensation.

Onyx Oblivion:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.

crouchingtigress01:

On that note, I hope they hurry up and remake Final Fantasy V ^_^ It's one of my favorites because of the job changing ability

X-2 reminded be of 5 very much...The one thing I really liked about X-2, actually. Was the combat and job system.

I'd play a 5 remake if the hero is named Butz again.

PurpleLeafRave:

Onyx Oblivion:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.

Runs better, looks a tad better. Loads tend to be faster, too.

The disc-changing never really bothered me, but that's gone, too.

Also, it just feels right to play FF on a PS3. It feels right...That said, I only played the PS3 version for 3 hours, since I got my PS3 in August. I'll play the game again in a few months, when my backlog is cleared.

Onyx Oblivion:

I actually enjoyed FF13 and the only thing I wasn't too fond of was that auto-attack was basically all you used the whole game but I loved the combat despite that. I enjoyed the story and most of the characters.

I will get this for PS3 as well, keeping the FF franchise where it belongs, on the PS. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be FFX-2 where it seemed to be aimed towards young teenage girls, the combat was good though but that was about it.

Onyx Oblivion:

I'm more concerned about this game falling into the same trap that XIII did: Removing features and freedom from the game while saddling you with a story that requires meta-game reading. Also, me calling out a game for being well below standards and having poor/restrictive design choices brought in is not bashing anything.

Besides, given how Square has been shutting up people on their community forums for raising concerns about their games makes me distrust their company even more than normal. I already tried XIII once to see if I liked it, and I don't. Announcing an XIII-2 game is not changing that view.

On a side note, Lightning now looks like Kaim and Yuna from X-2 with that hair and costume. Seriously, it's ripped right from those two.

I liked FF13 a whole lot to be honest. Wasn't the best FF out there, but it was quite enjoyable, and loved everyone from the main cast(including Hope and Vanille, though Vanille took longer to get used to). Battle system was pretty fun too!

So obviously I'm looking forward to this. I don't think it will be too bad, and the antagonist looks cool at least. Also like how they have a english trailer for this already. I mean, they probably could have recorded those lines months ago, but hey, a release date closer to the Japanese one is something to hope for right?

And of course this game won't be for everyone, but I hope it doesn't do too badly. Still can't wait for Versus though. =P

to be fair, FF X-2 was described as a bimbo brigade in a magazine i was reading, and well it was kinda try i get that yuna had changed in the 2 years but she went from being a meaningful character to being pretty well... stupid with a really shallow reason for becoming a sphere hunter.

i am hoping the FF XIII-2 wont do the same to the characters and give a good story to go with them because for me the deal breaker will be if they have basically killed the characers origional personalities and give it half assed story

Onyx Oblivion:

true, I mean in the PS3 version you can see the hallways in Blu-Ray Vision!

OT: unless they can pull the story out from under the shit pile that was FF13, Im thinking it will be just like FF X-2.

but, being completely serious, let us control our other people in combat. That alone might be worth seeing.

Why are they continuing this story? Did they not learn from X-2? More appropriately, did they not learn from XIII? Sure it sold well, but that can be attributed to hype and little else. I guess when it come to reviews, Square just puts their hands over their ears and goes "LALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALA"

I'll stem my rage there and just say that they need to drop this game and work on Versus.

Sylveria:

Jonesy911:

I have to ask though, why? Doesn't FF13 already have 2 spinoff/sequels in development already that we've heard almost nothing about for the past 3 years? And was FF13 really such a success that people said "We want more?" It really is Square being their Squarest saying "Nah those tards are just to stupid to appreciate it. We know it's amazing so we're gonna do it again." Cause Square knows what we like more than we do.

Please Square, please Squeenix fanboys, stop, please stop. Let the Final Fantasy series die. Stop raping the corpse of a once great series.

As far as I know, It was the fastest selling Final Fantasy game and it holds an 82-83 average on Metacritic. Most of the complaints are from the vocal minority. It's not like Final Fantasy XIII got treated that way because it was a Final Fantasy game either.

Ipswich67:
Why are they continuing this story? Did they not learn from X-2? More appropriately, did they not learn from XIII? Sure it sold well, but that can be attributed to hype and little else. I guess when it come to reviews, Square just puts their hands over their ears and goes "LALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALA"

I'll stem my rage there and just say that they need to drop this game and work on Versus.

Because a game is a failure when it gets an ~80 average score.

Defense:

Sylveria:

Jonesy911:

As far as I know, It was the fastest selling Final Fantasy game and it holds an 82-83 average on Metacritic. Most of the complaints are from the vocal minority. It's not like Final Fantasy XIII got treated that way because it was a Final Fantasy game either.

Ipswich67:

Because a game is a failure when it gets an ~80 average score.

Buyer's remorse, my friend.

I am an avid FF fan. I was all set to love this game, like I have for its predecessors. I even pre-ordered the game, and payed an extra $30 to get the hard-bound text book of a guide. After all that, I thought it was the weakest installment of all the Numbered Final Fantasies. I have never quit playing a game part-way through until this game. Sure I'd heard it got better later (and you can see Yahtzee's review for an appropriate analogy of just how much "BETTER" it got), and watching my brother pick up right where I left off (so I missed none of the plot, mind) and seeing to the very end, I STILL had no clue what the hell was going on.

And is no one besides me looking forward to Versus?

I liked FF XIII, and I'm curious to know what they are gonna do with the rest of the story.

Maybe some answers about what happened at the end because that ending was really weird how it was cut off like that.

Here's to hoping.

Ipswich67:
Buyer's remorse, my friend.

I am an avid FF fan. I was all set to love this game, like I have for its predecessors. I even pre-ordered the game, and payed an extra $30 to get the hard-bound text book of a guide. After all that, I thought it was the weakest installment of all the Numbered Final Fantasies. I have never quit playing a game part-way through until this game. Sure I'd heard it got better later (and you can see Yahtzee's review for an appropriate analogy of just how much "BETTER" it got), and watching my brother pick up right where I left off (so I missed none of the plot, mind) and seeing to the very end, I STILL had no clue what the hell was going on.

And is no one besides me looking forward to Versus?

Ah, but most companies would pay for a sequel if the first turned out to be a financial success, despite how horribly it may have been reviewed. It's the same reason why Jason Friedberg and Adam Seltzer keep pushing out trash like Vampires suck and [Adjective] Movie despite getting horrible reviews. I actually had little problems following the storyline myself(the basics at least), but it was executed in a horrible manner.

And Versus XIII is actually one of the games people are more excited about because it's unlike Final Fantasy XIII.

They must really hate money and success at square. Seriously an FF7 port would be piss easy. A remake wouldn't be that hard either.

Honestly Square?? You have got to be f***ing kidding..... ughhhh

Which comparison will they try harder to avoid: FFX-2 or FF13?
That's my only question.

it's interesting how people can judge a game that's due a year from now only by a teaser

FF13 wasn't the worst game ever made, and FF13-2 won't be either
there's even a pretty good chance that it will be better

and i don't really care about this new outfit or this gay guy crossing swords with her
all that counts is gameplay

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
They must really hate money and success at square. Seriously an FF7 port would be piss easy. A remake wouldn't be that hard either.

You can buy it online at the Playstation Store. Why are people so obsessed with living in the past, let them make new stuff, 7 had its day in the sun, I like the game. But a remake isn't all that necessary, to some fans they think it is, but maybe they want to work on something different. I mean, it already has a few spin off games and a movie to expand that universe, isn't that enough?

Plus, the amount of work for a remake wouldn't be easy, there's so much that would go into making it, it's for a system a few generations ahead of what the original was on, it'd have to be built from scratch, then there would be new things to worry about like voice actors etc.

13 was the first ff game ive actually enjoyed of the main franchise, so looking forward to this

>please delete this account<

Sylveria:

Well, it was comercial succes for sure, thats pretty much all you need for company to start making sequel for a game. Though people either loved it or hated, pretty much no middle ground, same thing from critics mostly too.

And those spinoffs are pretty much entirelly different games that dont have much to do with FF13, you could kinda give another name to them and no one would even see the difference.

This game promises to change problems that people had with the last game, such as the ability to control one player. In order to better bond with the characters, they are now removing the one player from your control, and making it a $60 film. :3

This is gunna suck so hard. I mean...shit I suppose if they decided to just take a step back make it more open world like 6 or 7. Then it could work, Im just hoping they do. Although aside from Tactic's I pretty much tapped out of the franchise at 8.

FF13 is a good game with a few flaws. FFXIII-2, while unnessesary, has a chance to improve upon those flaws. I, for one, will be playing it.

XIII - 2 is still shit until proven otherwise. But I won't give them the chance because I will never buy another FF again until I see some noticeable improvement in quality and such.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here