Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

oh boy another final fantasy game that's going to suck. it hurt my soul to trying to get through XIII, which sucks because I had high hopes for it. I still would give them the benefit of the doubt if they made a new world, but a sequel to something that actually killed a piece of me inside is not something I'd support.

Huh, so Lightning is the only character to make the transition, she's now some kind of guardian-paladin or soemthing and facting off against a sephiroth-wannabe, colour me not impressed.

I'm angry and confused.

also wtf captcha I totally spelt the words right the first time

Depressingly linear. Even the levelling system only created the illusion of customisation.
Horrible unlikeable characters. The only one I liked was Sazh and that chocobo ruined that for me.
The combat was basically on auto pilot.
I can't comment on the story because I only played for 14 hours, but what I can say is no game should be boring for literally over half a days worth of play (over a day if what I've heard is true).

Honestly it was a mess, between the linearity and the auto attack it was barely a game. Even equipping weapons and armour had been dumbed down. There was almost no actual gameplay, it was just walking the characters from one cutscene to the next, hit auto attack, rinse and repeat until you know what the fuck is happening in the story.

Hey question Escapist Staff? Why did we make 2 news stories dedicated to XIII-2 and not one for Versus which also had a 6 minute trailer? I get that showing the trailer would thereby remove the joke of 'Versus is the new Forever' But seriously

Here's the Trailer

How the FRAG do you embed Gametrailer videos?
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ffxiii-versus-2011-trailer/354412

Here's the Trailer with Subtitles

IT was in a news release, and you managed to report on literally everything else. I would think the first big news on Versus in... years would warrent a news post. No? 2 on the crap one?

Yeesh. You know, I thought FFXIII's battle system was amazing. I really only hated the corridors. I felt like it was digital S&M; corridor punishment until I was relieved by the sweet, soft touch of the battle system. I have played FF since the NES. I have to wonder if this style of RPGing has just become unfashionable...what do you all think?

Onyx Oblivion:

crouchingtigress01:
While I do think the trailer is very pretty, I do hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make an honest attempt to create a more immersive and open world game like all the previous FFs we love

But FF games never really did anything with their "open worlds". You trekked through them in a linear nature, rarely backtracking, and the world map only hid a few locations full of optional uber bosses.

Maybe so, but it's better than going down linear corridors all the time, and one of the things that set the JRPG games apart from other genres, in other games you could find tokens to get another life or ammo and a health pack, JRPGs rewarded the players by making them feel badass/smart/like smug bastards by letting them kill tougher bosses and earn the Supreme Ultimate Bonus Sword of Doom.

THIS EXPLAINS NOTHING

Final Fantasy XIII-2? Why couldn't they just call it FF XIV?

War-hamster:

because this is set in the same setting as FFXIII, also cause XIV is already out

Unless they bring Vanille back, i probably won't bother. If they try to replace her, the new girl will just try too hard.

ABLb0y:
Unless they bring Vanille back, i probably won't bother. If they try to replace her, the new girl will just try too hard.

I'm in agreeance with you. Although I want Fang back as well.

But someone told me in another thread that Lightning is trying to bring them back. Hopefully that's true.

SpaceMedarotterX:

War-hamster:

because this is set in the same setting as FFXIII, also cause XIV is already out

Funny, if every game is set in different setting, why not give it a different name? It can be really confusing for any newcomers to the series. Or if they want to keep the name, they could just call it FF XV, doesn't make any difference at this point.

I wonder if there is a series with even bigger number in the title:D

hahaha XD

square enix has no money XD

Onyx Oblivion:
I love how these threads are just non-stop FF13 bashing.

I bought the game twice. What? The PS3 version really is better.

That is because that game deserves it ^^

icame:

Onyx Oblivion:

That is because that game deserves it ^^

It really REALLY does deserve.

War-hamster:

SpaceMedarotterX:

War-hamster:

Funny, if every game is set in different setting, why not give it a different name? It can be really confusing for any newcomers to the series. Or if they want to keep the name, they could just call it FF XV, doesn't make any difference at this point.

I wonder if there is a series with even bigger number in the title:D

Because a franchise name like Final Fantasy holds a weight.

I loved the art and design, and the music was beautiful...

Plus, I wouldn't mind snuggling Lightning in bed a little, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm glad they've gone back to the fantasy style again, instead of the cyber-punk crap... Also, I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it! Right?!

aw COME ON! (*>_<)
not this again...

ABLb0y:

Or you could simulate Vanille's presence by giggling like a four year old every time you come across a new landscape, animal or character. OK, her backstory was probably the most interesting of the six, but that didn't keep her from being annoying.

I don't have anything against having her playable in FFXIII-2, but she needs to grow the fuck up.

I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out in 2019.

I actually recoiled at this news, lol - I was just sat there thinking 'Why would you do that?' Half of that video was just the ending to FF13 anyway - reminding me of what a disappointment that was. But then, FFX-2 was hated by the people who loved FFX, so perhaps FFXIII-2...perhaps. I secretly adored FFX-2 though so who knows. Definitely won't be buying the thing until it's been out for months at any rate, brand loyalty only got me so far.

The FF games stopped being great after 9 (yes in my opinion) 10 was alright, X-2 was an abomination and was bloody pointless to make, the MMOs never tried then not paying to play online after i bought the damn game, and anything after that so far seems just drawn out to me.

well, if it's anything like X-2 then square is royally fucked (minus the kickass battle system of course.)

Dear mother of holy God, are we really going to be tormented by another Final Fantasy XIII? Was the first part not bad enough that all of us FF fans bled even harder after the wounding blow of Final Fantasy XII? Can we not bring back the old days? When the compelling and addictive nature of Final Fantasy would beseech us to sit for hours and hours just to gain one more level before bed or reach disk 3 by Friday?

Please, for the love of all we and you, Square, hold dear: bin this project and make us a proper Final Fantasy game.

wow massive spoiler alert

Are square enix what have you become.

Onyx Oblivion:

PurpleLeafRave:

Onyx Oblivion:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.

Runs better, looks a tad better. Loads tend to be faster, too.

The disc-changing never really bothered me, but that's gone, too.

Also, it just feels right to play FF on a PS3. It feels right...That said, I only played the PS3 version for 3 hours, since I got my PS3 in August. I'll play the game again in a few months, when my backlog is cleared.

The is no game in the world, no matter how good, that i would buy twice while my original copy still works, espcially not for a slight preformance boost.

DEATHROAD:

Onyx Oblivion:

PurpleLeafRave:

In what way is it better?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just asking.

Also, it just feels right to play FF on a PS3. It feels right...That said, I only played the PS3 version for 3 hours, since I got my PS3 in August. I'll play the game again in a few months, when my backlog is cleared.

The is no game in the world, no matter how good, that i would buy twice while my original copy still works, espcially not for a slight preformance boost.

Hi! I'm a giant trophy whore!

Mkay; who is chicken girl, and why is she fighting emo-kid?
kudos for the misshapen crystal tree though.

Wasn't interested in FF13, not interested in this....

*sigh* When will they return to more traditional 'fantasy' in terms of rustic, medieval kinda settings rather than 'fantasy = in the future, oh and with magic'. I really enjoyed the original FFs and the closest they came to them in the 3D games was FF9, which I loved. Ah well, whatever makes them money, eh....?

Call me when Versus XIII comes out. I'll be over here playing Secret of Mana for nostalgic reasons.

This all should have ended with Cloud and Sephiroth........or if they really wanted to squeeze it, then it should have ended with Tidus and Yuna.

Please Square Enix........let the series end.

Wairing armor whilst keeping parts of your body unprotected beats the reason for putting on the armor: protecting said bodyparts. Also the metal will be touching the naked skin all the time on the unprotected places, wich will be really cold and uncomfortable. At least wear some chainmail. Or a piece of cloth. If you want to show off your body, do so in the safety of camp, not during combat. Retard girl. I hope she dies. And FF with her.

Onyx Oblivion:

DEATHROAD:

Onyx Oblivion:

Hi! I'm a giant trophy whore!

You certainly are. ;D

Grats on passing me by the way (Agarest slowed me down). I do have New Vegas, Two Worlds 2 and LBP2 to gather trophies in though. Now all you need is to make level 14 to pass the current leader on my friend list.

OP: I'll play FFXIII-2. But I really want Versus 13 and Type 0. Also I can't wait fro Dssidia: Duodecim. Until then, it's Star Ocean: First Departure in my PSP.

This trailer looks like the developers have hired Leonardo DiCaprio, had him go into my dreams, steal many ideas for visual style and music score I was going to use for the anime I'm writing, dragged them through the puddle of pandering pretentiousness, and developed a game out of it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)