Unskippable: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage

What happens when a man knows only punching? This, apparently.

Watch Video

So apparently in the "not so distant future" they still have 4Loco.

not really funny video this week.

But hey at least you tried? Right?

So its Mad Max meets Roadhouse meets...Psychonauts?

Wow, it must really be "Manly Day"!

Fist Of The North Star and MEN? Awesome!

I am disappoint that no one was punched in the first two seconds as well.. Has no one learnt from Alex!?

and thats why you dont drink the water
...or do in this case

EDIT: amassing im on the first page of comments

I realize you guys only rarely have guests (in fact, I can only remember one occasion), but I kept waiting for Alex to make a cameo on this one. Oh well, still good.

SwimmingRock:
I realize you guys only rarely have guests (in fact, I can only remember one occasion), but I kept waiting for Alex to make a cameo on this one. Oh well, still good.

So much this. SO. MUCH.

Oh, by the way.. I am surprise that neither Graham or Paul made a joke about the "en-velop-ed", rather than "en-vel-oped".. Huh.

So disappointed you didn't play this in Japanese. I'm not saying you have to do it with every game from glorious Nippon, but you could work in a "foreign film" schtick or something.

What was in that water? Why, you answered your own question:

Chemical runoff!

...and spit!

FotNS? Really? What's next, an Evangelion game? Outlanders perhaps? I bet Genocyber would be a decent supposed-to-be-horror-action-game (is there an abbreviation for games like that?). Shame a Crying Freeman or Golgo 13 game wouldn't see the light of day in North America, but a Riding Bean / Gunsmith Cats could be a good sandboxer.

I'm disappointed that there was no punching at all! Seriously, all muscle, underage girl groping, and one lame explosion at the start.

Prof. Monkeypox:
What was in that water? Why, you answered your own question:

Chemical runoff!

...and spit!

That or spinach.

And yeah, honestly, who wears LEATHER in the desert? I don't remember desert-crossing nomads ever wearing leather.

spinach water would look like toxic sludge... I'm all for it... if I don't have to drink it.

- "And then the big man hold the child's head and said 'Now, let me show you a little magic'"

I am pretty sure that could lead to something illegal in some states.

I couldn't stop laughing though out that whole thing. That was hilarious.
"Segatan Kenshiro! Segatan Kenshiro!"

I'm sorry to tell you, but Fist of the north star is so overflowed with clichée and melodrama, it's criticism-immune.

WATAAA!

Although Kenshiro talks too much too weird in this game....

One of the best episodes of late :)

The "but..." followed by girly laughter took me a while.

What, you guys did Fist of the North Star without a guest appearance from Alex? Son, I am disappoint...

Wow, this looks like one crappy game. But then I looked it up in wikipedia and there seem to exist over 30 Fist of the North Star games already.
Who wants to play these games so badly? I can only think of Mel Gibson :D

Wow. The entire sequence lasts about... six minutes in the anime. Except it has a few more scene shifts, doesn't make Kenshiro look like a creep, and actually is narratively logical.

So.. I mean.. I can see why they made the sequence longer, and jumbled all the events together in the game. Makes sense.

Can anybody tell me why Ken has a hole in his boob? Um, MANly chest? That's all I could see in those distance shots.

Great episode. But something that bugged me... What's up with that dude's arms? I get they're supposed to be all muscly/ripply and whatever, but the definition lines (which seemed to be like 2 inches deep) didn't move when he moved, like they were painted, molded plastic... are lighting and shadow effects really that difficult?

I suppose out of everything going on (and not going on), pointing out that the fake guy looks fakest among fake guys might be a little low on the list...

Points for the popeye reference.

Have a cookie.

My God this game looks so awful, how could anyone create something so crappy and not realise or want to realise. I mean, who writes this stuff and thinks it's good and more importantly who buys it and thinks its good to keep allowing them to make crap like this. I suppose it's at least ripe for the Unskippable bludgeoning that it most certainly asks for.

MORE or you're already dead...

Argh. sorry post-fail (delete if poss.)

LadyRhian:
Can anybody tell me why Ken has a hole in his boob? Um, MANly chest? That's all I could see in those distance shots.

Another character (Shin) poked them into his chest in the shape of the little bear. Hence his name [...Little Bear, is a constellation in the northern sky...]

Those scars are what make him famous and recognizable. His evil brother (Jagi) has some fake ones done too, to try and leech of his famous brothers reputation.

Actually, he has 5 holes, three in his chest and two in his gut where a guy dug his fingers into his body. (can't find the scene on the youtubes)

EDIT - found it Shin did the Nanto Sei Ken on him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1GzcHhrBk&feature=related

i'd like some water too.
but it has to be the same flavour as that prison-water.

MonkeyPunch:

LadyRhian:

Another character (Shin) poked them into his chest in the shape of the little bear. Hence his name [...Little Bear, is a constellation in the northern sky...]

Those scars are what make him famous and recognizable. His evil brother (Jagi) has some fake ones done too, to try and leech of his famous brothers reputation.

halkun:
Actually, he has 5 holes, three in his chest and two in his gut where a guy dug his fingers into his body. (can't find the scene on the youtubes)

EDIT - found it Shin did the Nanto Sei Ken on him

Thanks. For a moment there, I thought he'd been shot and someone had forgotten to spackle the hole afterwards.

crotalidian:
So its Mad Max meets Roadhouse meets...Psychonauts?

I knew those goggles seemed familiar!

Well, it doesn't change the fact that that kid is clearly a massive ponce, but still.

The kid is named "Bat". The cutscene is based on the first episode where Ken and Bat are thrown into jail for taking water from the village, well Bat did but Ken didn't know since he was dying of thirst. The whole cage thing never happened.

One cutscene and not a single punch thrown? I am very disappointed in you, Kenshiro.

I loved when you giggled when the narrator say's " but " *giggles*

And the whole water cup thing XD

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook