Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Loyal Canine Companions

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I think my pick for an Honorable Mention would have to be the canines from C&C:Red Alert. They're loyal, help sniff out those spys, and willing to try and bark down a tank (and lose).

But... since this was all about loyal companions and not 'fodder', I'll have to agree with the list, as given. (though the earlier ancestors of Dogmeat definately trumped the pooch found in the capital wasteland)

It sucks that "Angelo" from Final Fantasy VIII nor "ShadowN' from the dead to rights games didn't make the list.

Rabbit??!

I think you mean Lagomorph...

Cool me real name is Jeffrey :P

Not really sure why that matters but I just thought I'd let you guys know. Great list Lisa keep on going with the random and funny top fives.

Angelo from FFVIII will always be awesome.

Because ANGELO CANNON!

I would have put the Fable 2 & 3 dog at #1, but oh well I guess that's just me.

And my brother tries to walk his cats. Long story short, it ends up pretty much the same way it does for Lisa, but with much more yowling.

YES!! RUSH!

Score one for the Megaman fans bitches!!!

oh, and Okami is one epic piece of sh*t!

Oddly, I didn't find DogMeat in FO3 until around 150hours into the game...

Also,

DAY OF THE TENTACLE RUUUUULLLEEESSS!!!

Also, I want to push those... buttons...

As an Okami fanboy, the mention of it makes me love this series 10% more.

What?
Dogmeat is Nr 5?
Dog from HL2 didn't make it?
I call shenanigans!

Anyone else think that the Fable 2 dog was better than the Fable 3 one?

Or is that just me?

Yep, totally agree. We actually had an emotional connection to the dog apart from being told "this is your dog, you will love him now".

OT: Where's Koromaru from Persona 3!? Koromaru is adorable, can throw knives AND summon personae. All preaching aside this was a great episode.

I liked the Mabari Hound from dragon age :3

I also have never finished haunting ground, the first time I was fleeing from something:
I hit a wall, fell over and was trying to scramble to my feet, literally screaming, then turned off the power before the creepy retard got me.

I do not approve of almost soiling myself.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the dog from Secret of Evermore. He's super useful in combat, saves your life multiple times, and helps find alchemy ingredients. What's not to love?

what no love for the warhound in dragon age what a shame

I kinda wanted to see worthless mutt from Arcanum: Of steamworks and magick obscura on the list. Only because when you get him in the game, the combat becomes way to easy as he is a combat god.

Meh, never really cared for Dogmeat. In any of the Fallout games. All he ended up doing was annoy me.

Anyway, my favorite dog is Courage. The Cowardly Dog.
Or these dogs:

No they're not from video games, but they're my favorite!

No love for the HL2 dog? not cool...

Also I really wanna play with that shirt.

The greater good.

marcogodinho:
Great list!No complaints here. Other cool videogame dogs:

-Yamato from Shadow Dancer (i really thought heŽd make LisaŽs list)

Ninja'd--literally.

I loved that dog. I wished I could bring him back into the earlier Shinobi games.

Yeeeees, Sam and Max!

I also was amused by the typo "Top Five Loyalist Dogs", which made me think she would be covering the British supporter pets of the American Revolution, but I don't think there's that many American Revolution games.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Surprised nobody has mentioned the dog from Secret of Evermore. He's super useful in combat, saves your life multiple times, and helps find alchemy ingredients. What's not to love?

He also might or might not be a mutant robot alien dog!

(Don't tell me, I haven't even STARTED playing this yet)

That cat needs to be in every episode... seriously it looks exactly like mine and it makes me so happy :D

@AvsJoe&Lisa

The greater good.

Now I'm wondering... Has there ever been a game where the dog betrays you?

Also, While my dog "could" turn into a trampoline, he would obviously have a lot more trouble turning back than Rush does. A LOT. If at all. I don't even wanna think about that.

I've always wanted to play Rule of Rose... Now I've spent almost five years looking for the damn thing, and still the quest goes on. I suspect it will for quite a while.

Anyways, good list!

theriddlen:

You have failed me... for the last time...
/FORCECHOKE
/FORCECHOKE
/SUDO FORCECHOKE
Damn, it stopped working again. Stupid piece of crap.

This.

Yes, I have the t-shirt.

Sadly the last dog I had died a number of years back. I still miss her though.

You know Lisa, you could've always walked the guy's roommate. >:D

Falseprophet:

marcogodinho:
Great list!No complaints here. Other cool videogame dogs:

-Yamato from Shadow Dancer (i really thought heŽd make LisaŽs list)

Ninja'd--literally.

I loved that dog. I wished I could bring him back into the earlier Shinobi games.

Literally, Lol.
Ryu Hayabusa wishes he had such a kickass canine companion.

I grew up with dogs. Big dogs. Since I moved out to go to college, no more dogs. I miss dogs. :(

Dog from Torchlight. The most useful pet i can remember! Good pack mule and vender trash seller! go dog!

Does Lisa read these comments? Let's hope not for what I'm about to say.

I had to exert considerable will to watch this video without staring at that too-small shirt and imagine doing the konami code on it the whole time.

Yay! Samus Returns! Hi Samus.

And wow. Someone else who has played Rule of Rose. I drove my old roommate nuts having Jennifer called out for Brown every few seconds. And don't feel bad about Haunting Ground. I have it and I still haven't even played it.

Actually I agree with all your picks. I actually thought when you picked Sam that you're #1 was going to fall flat. But yeah, Rush is definitely deserves #1.

Cats are still better though. Only thing that beats a cat is a wolf.

Yeah... Walking a cat... I've been there, and depending on the cat, it can just about work. But it's nothing at all like walking a dog.

Not least of which is the cat can probably get out of it's harness if it wants to...

And cats generally seem to get a bit weird if you try to take them too far from home.

There is one thing in particular about this video that could be controversial, but nobody's picked up on it and I'd hate to be the guy to point it out.

Great video though, and nice to see a brief mention of the great Angelo in there, even if he didn't make the main list.

First awesome vid
second what i wouldn't give to get my hands on that controller ;)
third cats are better:)
and last GIRL YOU R SOOO FINE :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook