Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Loyal Canine Companions

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I think the mabari from dragon age deserved to be there. Loved the convosations with him, and loved the fact you could play as him too,I called mine forlan. Shadow from Dead to Rights would win most badass dog anyday

Loved the cat walking bit, i tried it with my cat, Zar Zar, once and he started headbutting my leg O_o

Sigh, i dont normally do this but.

Does anyone else feel the urge to do some button mashing right about now?

... and im done.

Damn Lisa looked cute today.
I gotta get me a dog.

Like marcogodinho mentioned in his post - Dog from Silent Hill 2. It was the first thing that came to me when I saw your video title. Come on! That doggie got ultra cool game ending with ultra cool song... I still got it on my cell phone...
Also nice T-shirt. You are quite a distraction from other contents in your video. You know that, right?

I'm not surprised by the cat's resistance to wearing a leash.

Rush wasn't just Mega Man's best friend; he was also a refrigerator that kept Mega Man's power source in the anime: energy drinks.

Lool Lisa's shirt.

In any case, yeah what about Interceptor from ff6, or Angelo, I liked Rush though, was wondering if Lisa new about him.

Thank you for number five,
no offense cyberdog fans, Dogmeat>Rex

This one didn't have enough cleavage.

Loved the video, agreed with Sam, though if you're including Sam, you may as well have added Amaterasu as well, considering they both play the main character roles. Of course, likely you left it out because it was the inspiration for the video.

Ashcrexl:
come on now, the accent on okami is prominently displayed on the case. some girl even says okami every time you load up the game. the way you say it, it sounds like some guy walked into soviet russia in the 60s and said, wait a sec, what is the predominant political and societal structure here? Oh! Commie!

Lisa pronounced it the same way pretty much everyone in the world does. In the same way that, say, Nobuo Uematsu is incorrectly pronounced by people: the Japanese dialect is a strange thing to hear and pick up.

If you're going to be a stickler, then you misspelled Ōkami. The exact same argument you used for her could easily be used for you, just saying

Xyless:
Loved the video, agreed with Sam, though if you're including Sam, you may as well have added Amaterasu as well, considering they both play the main character roles. Of course, likely you left it out because it was the inspiration for the video.

Ashcrexl:
come on now, the accent on okami is prominently displayed on the case. some girl even says okami every time you load up the game. the way you say it, it sounds like some guy walked into soviet russia in the 60s and said, wait a sec, what is the predominant political and societal structure here? Oh! Commie!

Lisa pronounced it the same way pretty much everyone in the world does. In the same way that, say, Nobuo Uematsu is incorrectly pronounced by people: the Japanese dialect is a strange thing to hear and pick up.

If you're going to be a stickler, then you misspelled Ōkami. The exact same argument you used for her could easily be used for you, just saying

ah, it's a clever rebuke because you used my own words against me. simply devious.

First off, watching someone try and walk a cat is always fun // Secondly I just after coming up with a fun idea for a dog character in a game // It helps you out, is loyal as sin, fight bad guys, gets you items and at the very end turns into a huge demon that tries to kill you and it is only then that you realize that they reason everyone was attacking you was they where trying to stop the dog! Mwahahahahaah!

As you can tell I'm not a dog person

-M

lol. I tried walking my cats once. When I stayed still, they would tug again and again on their harnesses. When I tried to lead them, they would walk a couple yards then give up and fall over so I could only drag them. XD

It's weird, I really keep liking this show more and more and more.

TBH when i watched the 1st one i was like ehhh whos this chick, whys she here, whats she doing that for, is she leaveing sooon? why would i ever watch this.

buuuuttttttt now i wana marry her. lisa is pure awesome and i love these top 5s.I think there might be some sort of brainwashing in play!! brb guys theirs men in black suits at my door better go answ

I could perhaps forgive the exclusion of Angelo , but no Shadow ???
He literally rips the balls of your enemy, how awesome dog is that ?

Nice intro. I liked your pics for #3. Two really good games that will scare the paints off you. And to be honest, I haven't finished Haunting Ground either. Meh :)

I will say that I'm quite pleased to see someone mention "Rule Of Rose" at all, given that the game is an underappreciated gem that seems to have been entirely overlooked by almost everyone since it came out, though I think it should have been given a seperate heading from "Haunting Ground", snubbing out one of the other dogs. :P

Being an RPG fan I probably would have chosen a slightly differant list though to be honest, since "Dog" from Arcanum is almost cheating if you put him in your party for example. Dogmeat might be more iconic and well known, but "Dog" is perhaps the most useful canine party member in combat. "Barkspawn" probably would have been another one, "Barkspawn" being the official name of the dog from "Dragon Age: Origins", used in "Darkspawn Chronicles" when you fight him. The name is a nod to Penny Arcade where when making fun of the DLC advertisements their cartoon had the character in the game referring to the dog as "Barkspawn" which seems to have generated enough chuckles to have stuck. >:)

Where is shadow from dead to rights I would of thought he would of been there...

Oh god I love you for making Rush your number one. Awesome.

Btw, I lol'd at the "guess what level im on. 2. im on level 2. what were we talking about? *cuts away* Number 2!"

imnotparanoid:
A CAT!

I thought dog from HL2 would be on it, but then I realised he is'nt a dog.

He was indeed the most loyal and intelligent member of the game. And he punched out a strider, so that's kinda cool.

Also, I started naming every nameable pet Dogmeat ever since I played Fallout. It has gotten me strange looks.

Aww, no Koromaru? Shame, that dog saves you from being crucified.

Edit: AND he carries a combat knife in his mouth to attack enemies with.

dpixie:
What a cute kitty! Agree with most of the list. Bit disappointed that your Mabari from Dragon Age Origins wasn't on it but oh well.

I agree, I loved my Mabari, I named him Porkchop!

Hot Fuzz reference earns you my love (:

no love for repede? :<

._. no love for Poppy?

cymonsgames:
...too-small shirt and imagine doing the konami code....

Haaa I coulda bet money on this specific comment being in here.

CK76:
Wait, what cereal was that he's eating at the beginning? Something spanish I think...

Ochocincos? Wide receiver for the Bengals. I didnt know he had his own cereal.

RowdyRodimus:
Haven't they canceled this show yet? Seriously, people get probation, suspended and banned for low content posts on the board but you can have a low content show as long as you're a blond Z-list celebrity I guess

Incorrect. She still has a show because her top fives often *Inspire Discussion* and activity in the forum (fact), and the show is actually pretty funny (opinion, but my palette on what is funny or not is extremely sensitive). It's really not just people sucking up to a pretty face (ok well, maybe some of it is, but then you should be mad at the POSTERS and not the show itself), and I truely don't believe that LF is doing any significant pandering. Your criticism makes you sound like a misogynistic elitist, and if you were to relax, you might realize that your negativity is misdirected and unwarranted. Just sayin'.

therandombear:
Kinda expcted the Dog from Duck Hunt :3

Sadly I don't have a dog, last dog I had died a few years ago...after having dogs for 19 years...I love dogs :3

Everyone hates the dog from duck hunt,that bastard mocks you every time you miss a shot... not very loyal if ya ask me...

Max isn't a bunny....he's a feckin lagomorph :P

Lisa Foiles wins 100 internet points for referencing "Hot Fuzz" and then loses about a billion for not using "Canis Lupis" by the Aquabats.

I'm sure it's been said (sorry, I didn't read through all five pages, flambe me at will), but I was disappointed not to see "Dog" (aka, Enter Name Here) from Dragon Age: Origins on the list, too. He's the only companion you acquire who automatically loves you. He will aggro and tank for you without question and you never have to get him everything. He'll run off and find stuff for you, clean you up, and probably keep your ass warm in the winter.

I named mine Nibbles. >_>

I just have to say, Lisa looked hot as hell in this episode. The NES controller shirt and pigtails are a great combo. Keep rocking that look, girl.

Yeah! Hot Fuzz!

I reeeeeeeeally wanna play with those buttons...

My top one would go to the dog from the Secret of Evermore game.

Pupazz:
Poor ol Angelo from FF8 never got a look-in :(

Intercepter from FFVI says hi... wait, nevermind. He eats strangers.

heh brown & hewie wih Blonde chicks....

Dog, Dragon Age Origins.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook