Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Proliference:
Maybe mine isn't as good as the last Skull Fortress but i'm pretty damn proud of it.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee394/Proliference/Skullfortress.jpg

Damn. I don't have a skull fort. Just a crude base that I didn't even bother decorating. In other words, I dug a deep hole out of soft ground (i.e. gravel and dirt), dug all the way to the bottom, and then called it my base. :P

"Hang the fuck on Yahtzee you sand sheltered ragamuffin! I've nothing better to do than argue with you on an internet!" said someone in Yahtzee's voice that wasn't Yahtzee.

"A game that costs $15 and crashes as often as patient on House who says his heart is fine gets a pass because its Beta?

"Well that's rather giant quality control loophole for reviewers to exploit, isn't it? So the next time some half finished game needing giant patches to be downloaded to become playable gets released, are you going to condemn it because its *BAD/EVIL/WRONG* or condemn it because they forgot to add the suffix *BETA* to the name?" he asked before SLAPPING HIMSELF ACROSS THE FACE.

OWW!

Ok. I won't do it again Yahtzee! I promise! Now give me back my hand and lay off the mind control!

In all seriousness though I do think the novel aspects of Minecraft don't entitle it to getting a free pass for being a buggy Skinner box time sink for gamers that really offers no more real depth than 3D Voxel art as opposed to say Farmville's potential for 2d pixel art. Glorifying grind-as-art isn't OK for JRPGs; why is it ok for Minecraft?

because it is fun
and because it is scary
bugs don't annoy me

Cant understand the end of your Demon's Souls review after seeing this one yahtzee... The time spent and dedication you despise on one game you seem to appreciate on the other one, despite being diferent genres.

Interesting that we have a popular video game that doesn't have High-Def, High-Poly, and whatever else was being toted as "Next-Gen" by Microsoft and Sony. Maybe you don't need photo-realistic images of heads exploding for a game to be liked and enjoyed after all.

I don't get this Minceraft craze at all. I tried it and was bored out of my skull within half an hour. I'd rather watch a fly slowly crawl across the ceiling.

Hold up... Did Yatzee give Minecraft a nearly completely... Positive review?

Interesting...

Not that I disagree with what he is saying. :3

It would be interesting if someone managed to create.. the Artifact, from Dead Space. To duplicate such powerful alien technology in Minecraft would impress me more then any Space ship, or computer.. or any penis shaped buildings.

I'm not sure if this has been said before (did a search and didn't see it), but if you like minecraft there's a funny video series about it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos#p/c/F60520313D07F366/0/4UdEFmxRmNE

The poster is BlueXephos and the series is part of the Yogscast stuff. Search for either and you'll find it.

Basically it's two guys running around on a server they think is private, until weird shit starts showing up that they didn't build.

Enjoy~

The wireless with tits...

It has a wire.

Minecraft is such a great game.
The sheer effort required to build anything in this game takes a long time to collect all the resources. One of my forts took 5 days to collect the Stone and then another 2 days to place it all in position.

T_MazE:
Cant understand the end of your Demon's Souls review after seeing this one yahtzee... The time spent and dedication you despise on one game you seem to appreciate on the other one, despite being diferent genres.

Are you new here? this is contradiction number one of yahtzee.

not all americans are jackasses!
but there are to many around here.
my main reason for wanting to leave.

i love how the 2 games that Yahtzee doesn't hate are games where CAKE is a very important thing to have! Minecraft and Portal!

Genius! Summed up most of my feelings when attempting to play it at the alpha stage, and unfortunately didn't have the time (or patience) to properly invest in it. Fantastic and fair review though :D

minecraft is basically design software which randomly decides to hit the undo button every once in a while

Video won't play, says it can't stream? Is that the site, or me?

No, many videos seem to be down.
I gotta repeat what some other people have said though, Yahtzee has been... a little extra hard on Americans lately, and we haven't started a new war yet or anything! Plus, humanitarian aid for natural disasters... like floods and cyclones... :P

Proliference:
Maybe mine isn't as good as the last Skull Fortress but i'm pretty damn proud of it.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee394/Proliference/Skullfortress.jpg

Hey, that's more than what I have, which is a cave system that I randomly came across with a tiny top with a front made of blue wool. http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/alphakirby/d9c786a74ac990515d11fd54e5e55189.png?v=202200

That sounds like the most boring game to date. Although if you have a lot of time on your hands and nothing better to do...get outside and do something productive for Christ's sake.

motormind:
I don't get this Minceraft craze at all. I tried it and was bored out of my skull within half an hour. I'd rather watch a fly slowly crawl across the ceiling.

Did you play the Classic version or the paid version? Because Classic is boring as fuck.

Berates the American's for not watching the news.
Admits to not watching the news.
Alright then.

I am still unsure of whether or not I want to try Minecraft. It doesn't look very fun at all, and yet I play GMOD. It could be a graphics thing. Maybe, but I am interested in learning about this leveling up thing. How it works, and all that.

The opening to this one was brilliant. Yahtzee definitely knows what we think when we watch these.

good idea for construction yahtzee :D i think i might actually make such a constuction :D

My god thank you so much for reviewing this game! i litteraly spent HOURS building a gian Yahtzee efagy!

I thought he would use the green exploding penis analogy to be honest.

Valatix:
My god thank you so much for reviewing this game! i litteraly spent HOURS building a gian Yahtzee efagy!

What no picture??

And thus we see Yahtzee contradict himself. As well-noted, he hates MMORPGs with a passion, and wants nothing to do with them for the most part. And yet, here he is, smack in the middle of basically a single-player version of an MMORPG. You have your endless gaming for only a little progress, monsters that greatly outclass the hero until late-game, the need to dig up countless quantities of item X to synthesize item Y and then build item Z...Irony or hypocrisy, I'll let you be the judge.

Don't get me wrong, though. I enjoy Yahtzee's videos and will continue to watch them. It just seemed a bit strange for him to be praising this after a few of his previous reviews.

MercenaryCobra1:
And thus we see Yahtzee contradict himself. As well-noted, he hates MMORPGs with a passion, and wants nothing to do with them for the most part. And yet, here he is, smack in the middle of basically a single-player version of an MMORPG. You have your endless gaming for only a little progress, monsters that greatly outclass the hero until late-game, the need to dig up countless quantities of item X to synthesize item Y and then build item Z...Irony or hypocrisy, I'll let you be the judge.

Don't get me wrong, though. I enjoy Yahtzee's videos and will continue to watch them. It just seemed a bit strange for him to be praising this after a few of his previous reviews.

Because in MMOs you show off NUMBERZ. In Minecraft you show off engineering. Both are time consuming. The latter is significantly more creative. That's my opinnion.

Minecraft is as much as an MMO as milk is a lubricant.

I have minecraft beta and enjoyed it highly, I even downloaded a mod pack to make my items look that little bit better. Then I got the inventory edit and ruined the whole point of minecraft, now rather than im running out of torches better find some coal it's hmm running out of torches: esc, save, open invedit, add torches, change number to 64, ctrl, drag to a few more spaces in the inventory, save to (insert file name), go back to minecraft and HEY I have lot's of torches. Wow this game sucks!, I should really do something more constructive with my life.

I assume he's talking about the version you pay for?

An internet thing keeps me from buying up the beta. I really kind of want to play this. Especially if they go floating buildings. Flying castle/doom fortress for the win.

personally, i like this review. I like most of Yahtzee's reviews. This game is very good, even for being just a beta, and i hope mojang can continue with it. It seems to be a great time-wasting concept at the very least. Skull Doom Fortress. 'nough said.

ThommyDude:
i love how the 2 games that Yahtzee doesn't hate are games where CAKE is a very important thing to have! Minecraft and Portal!

he also loved Saints row 2 :P

this review made me buy mincraft. im building an all obsidian tower for my homestead

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here