Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

kebab4you:

CopperBoom:

ZodiacBraves:

Indeed they do, my roommate and I refer to them as the exploding penis monsters.

Oh okay.
Thanks for reporting, the video was kind of "cock heavy" so I was not sure if that was just more of the motif.

You tell me;

OT; Find it weird that he does a review off minecraft when itīs in itīs beta phase. And I think Notch have "make a tutorial" on his to do list in the far future.

Hmm... I think I am corrupt from the review version, it all looks like cocks as far as I am concerned. Everything is a dick!

Well, I mean, beta or not, it has been playable, *played* and quite "en vogue" for quite some time now. These reviews are arbitrary and up to his disgression so nothing, not an iPhone one or a game in beta, is very surprising to me.

I am just happy to have a review at all each week.

I was wondering how Yahtzee was handling the flood.
This is the second week in a row where a video on The Escapist tells me that sometimes shit just happens.
You know, when just recently I crashed my car and have fallen behind on my assignments.

There's Lper on line I watch. He spent hours making a huge castle that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Then one day he went to light a fire in his oven and the whole thing burned down. It was priceless XD

yourbeliefs:

Rikortez:
I really need to give this minecraft a try, its just...that paying for a beta..., oh well.

Exactly... the fact that I'm paying for an unfinished product is a little screwed up in my opinion. At least release some sort of a "demo" version where we can try it out first, where like after 1 day you lose all your progress unless you buy the thing. $20 - $30 for this seems a little excessive to me.

As I understand it, once the main game comes out, it'll be free to upgrade.
The question is whether you want to start playing it now, or whether you want to wait to playing it later.

Wow, for once I created a phallic monument (as large as the game allows, of course) before Yahtzee mentioned anything. And of course, because I'm so flippin boring, I'm the only one who enjoys Minecraft for the exploration. It's fun finding pockets of empty space deep underground and adjusting my tunnels accordingly. Also, I hate accounting so I can't be completely boring, right? Right!?

Also, I can't wait for the part 2 review of Duke Nukem Forever in March. It better happen, and it better be lulzy or else...I'll be fairly disapointed and come back to watch the review the week after.

Man I really want to see Yahtzee's skull fort now :D.
And yes creepers are jerks

lol good job napalming the world hahaha

Well thats it...Guess i'll have to start playing Minecraft now! Bye bye social life...what little i had to begin with...

Yahtzee didn't say anything mean... *faint*

I'm currently in the process of lining my swimming pool with gold. It's possibly the hardest task I've ever set myself.

Did I watch that right? He seemed to... like it.

But hey, he was probably too distracted making the Great Pyramid look like amateur work to think up much criticism. I know that's what happened to me.

And... nope, distracted by the avatar of that guy above me. Every time I see one, I have t stop and spend ages remembering their names.

antipunt:
It's funny that I never really truly understand what Minecraft IS. Like...really is. So apparently there are kamikaze shrubberies?

Basically. They're like animate masses of leaves that like walking up to you and blowing up. Or, if they happen to get hit by a skeleton arrow, walking up to a skeleton and blowing up.

Their entire goal in life is walking up to something and blowing up. Usually you.

Joe Deadman:
Man I really want to see Yahtzee's skull fort now :D.
And yes creepers are jerks

Ah, of all the times not to have a bucket of lava....

He liked it! :D

Now back to building my tower of awesome....

I know this is off topic, but while talking about Zero Punctuation to someone, I called Yahtzee "Punctuation Man".

nice skull fortresssssssSSSssss ya got there

Yahtzee likes Minecraft! I can sleep once more!

long live minecraft :] good review yahsee shocked that you really like the game.

Hehehe, so true. :3

One of the few times I agreed with every point he made.

Yahtzee sez: "Minecraft is not a game"
Yahtzee sez: "Still beta"

Hoo-f____g-ray. At least some I'm not the only one who isn't 100% prominecraft. I'll just sleep for another 15 years until it actually has a point or becomes more challenging than SimTower. Some of us have MMO's to win :S

YES! I was waiting for a Minecraft video. The "mainstream" reviewers haven't gotten around to it because it's beta.

I'm happy you liked it too.

...and to be honest I haven't done much in my life between Minecraft, the videos about Minecraft, and a papercraft Creeper (suicide shrub) on my desk.

That was rather enjoyable :)

I'm calling it now: he's so busy playing Minecraft in the next week, next Wednesday's review will also be about Minecraft.

This is the first review of his I've ever watched twice in a row, so I guess that means I liked it a good bit. My favorite review is still Alpha Protocol, though.

Exactly, I agree fully with you Yahtzee that this game is fully of creavity, but you have to work for it rather then just be given it. Also loved how you said that those sticken suicide creatures (which I learned are models used at first to make pigs but then disguarded) to ruin your art or hard-worked buildings in general. Plus, falling in Lava does burn away all your good stuff, and that Gold is pretty much the most useless item in Minecraft. Good review!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides from that, I wished that watching these videos would give you Badges. Sure, we get the sweet chance to earn some with Quizzes or events by ZP, but how cool would it be to have a collection of them from watching videos, and the Badges had characters on each one depending on how many you watched? Like one is the imp, other is normal, the next is Batman one, and so forth. Watching 'The Unskippable' and 'Apoctoplypic Lane' (excuse my mispelling) gives you Badges for watching a certain amount. Just stating how awesome would it be since this series of Videos is probably the most popular on The Escapist. No offense to anyone of course!

I was hoping for something more critical.

Wtf is with all the bannings on this site? Every thread I open has a bunch of people banned, many of whom have thousands of posts. The FAQ has some gibberish about not *wanting* to ban anyone, but I find that hard to believe.

And probation for not watching the entire ZP before posting? Why? What could it possibly bloody harm for a handful of posters to post a comment while watching?

A nutty set of rules here, to be sure.

(And yes, I'll probably be banned or put in posting jail for the temerity of this post, but whatever)

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Minecraft

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Minecraft.

Watch Video

These new reviews are getting better. Yahtzee is making me laugh again. xD

P.S. Your gold penis would make Goldmember blush. :o

Oh. My. Word.

He liked it. He really liked it! The only bad things he had to say were that it's obviously in beta--which it is, so that's hardly an insult--and that it's hard to find resources, which he immediately followed up by recognizing that that's kinda the point.

Absolutely flabbergasted, I am. When was the last time he was this kind to a game? Portal?

Excellent review. The lack of snark about shortcoming in the game was more than made up for with information and humor.

I love this game and spend most of my time build giant reverse pyramids. It's a lot easier after they added creeping to the game. Also, now that spiders can climb walls, I look like a genius and not some crackpot.

I can't wait for more updates, and perhaps more farming options.

yourbeliefs:
Looks intriguing, but I can't get any info on the hardware requirements..

A PC that can boot up in something higher than DOS I believe. Have fun.

OT: First Yahtzee review in a long time that hasn't seemed forced and boring, I actually watched this one twice

halkun:
Yay! A Minecraft review.

For those interested.

The Enterprise-D (Which has almost 3 Million views on Youtube) is coming along nicely. We are on deck 10 :D

Hey, thanks for the heads up on that! Was curious if it was continuing. Looks great, too.

Frozengale:

samsonguy920:

Frozengale:
This review was unexpected.

Also, I use to be the kind of guy that would go out and find all the materials to build things. But now I'm not. I don't hack though, I think using hacks is a cheap way to play the game. However I did figure out an exploit all on my own to give me infinite resources as long as I have at least one of the resource. It's still slightly time consuming, and I still have to go and find the initial resources. So I don't consider it cheating because I was smart enough to stumble onto something, figure out how to replicate the results and then figure out a way to exploit it even further.

If you speak of the likes of Cobblestone Generators and Monster Traps, then that isn't exploiting. That's using Minecraft with initiative!

I don't know what a Cobblestone Generator is and no I don't use Monster Traps. It's an exploit that I figured out once Beta came out. I think it's because Notch changed how saving works in the game. I won't say how it works, but you can basically duplicate anything if you know how. Like I now I have over 200 blocks of TNT even though I've only ever crafted 3 things of TNT.

That counts as an exploit. As long as you use it only in single player then it's all good.

Kanatatsu:
Wtf is with all the bannings on this site? Every thread I open has a bunch of people banned, many of whom have thousands of posts. The FAQ has some gibberish about not *wanting* to ban anyone, but I find that hard to believe.

And probation for not watching the entire ZP before posting? Why? What could it possibly bloody harm for a handful of posters to post a comment while watching?

A nutty set of rules here, to be sure.

(And yes, I'll probably be banned or put in posting jail for the temerity of this post, but whatever)

the "pre-watch" rule is to prevent spammers from wanting to spam "First!" and to make sure they are posting on-topic. Secondly the rules here aren't "nutty" they are what suits the site best as the mods have determined over the years. Also if you notice, most of the people who posted early, were put on probation which doesn't even restrict posting abilities. And lastly, you will probably get in trouble for that post, if for no other reason than having absolutely nothing to do with the video or thread topic.

My one hope to find one other person who is not bewitched by Minecraft, dashed... I don't think I've played a game quite this pointless since "The Sims". I'm truly disappointed in you Mr. Croshaw. You're the only person who could have given this game the spotlighted drubbing it deserved.

You've gone soft, mate.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 51014)