Hands-On: Bulletstorm Demo (in 3D)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hands-On: Bulletstorm Demo (in 3D)

Light a man on fire, kick him into the air, and shoot him in the nuts. Triple points, awesome!

Read Full Article

This is gonna look so bad if mainstream news gets their hands on this game. But it does sound like a lot of fun.

definitely downloading THIS when i get home :D

Downloading NOW.

I've had such a crappy day, I need to shoot someone in the nuts.

John Funk:
Snip

Is the game reminding you of Mad World at all?

The game had pretty much the same point as Bulletstorm, but quickly ran out of new ways to kill people after a few hours, do you think that this game will have that same issue?

Damn, not on PSN yet... oh well it sounds worth the wait.

Just what the doctor ordered ^_^

Not G. Ivingname:

John Funk:
Snip

Is the game reminding you of Mad World at all?

The game had pretty much the same point as Bulletstorm, but quickly ran out of new ways to kill people after a few hours, do you think that this game will have that same issue?

Doubt it, Epic has been releasing those skillisode videos the past couple of months. Those are supposed to be basic skill kills.

Friends are already reporting this game is kick-ass. After work, I will try it out for sure!

Looks like alot of fun i actually havent been hyped for a game in a LONG while

im hoping bulletstorm does it for me

Excuse me while i go download the demo

Heeheehee, a fun, colourful shooter which gives you points for shooting people in the 'nads? Well, according to the child in me, consider me definitely getting this!

Edit: =D 1000th post!

I'm not very good at shooting nutsacks either.

Clearly the hypermasculine beefed up enemies are overcompansating.

Awwwww....I can't want until after class! Yeah!!

So........no demo for PC????

I liked it better when there was video reviews =(

Sounds awesome. Now if developers would start releasing PC demos again (seriously, those appear to have disappeared almost entirely), I could give the game a try.

I've just played the demo. I have a grin on my face so broad you could use it to scale the Grand Canyon. I'm a little hesitant to say it'll work over however long the game is, but I'll definitely be playing more of the demo later!

Nicely written piece too.

DenSomKastade:
I liked it better when there was video reviews =(

Videos require us to have the software actually in office to capture from, since we capture all of our own footage rather than using promo reels/B-roll. When we're playing a preview build offsite - like at an event, or visiting a developer's office - we obviously can't do a video of that! But don't worry, we haven't stopped doing video reviews.

I really really would like this game. It looks damn good fun, and that's really all I care about in a game.

This and Duke Nukem should satisfy my mindless killing antics instinct for a while ^_^

Its great to see a FPS focused on high-scores. It looks like fun. Im going to download the demo in a bit.

I'm downloading it at the moment :D How come it's only got 4 stars on the Game Marketplace?

Oh my God I downloaded it as soon as it went live and I loved every second of it, I can't wait to experiment more with this game because the potential is so there

JackandTom:
I'm downloading it at the moment :D How come it's only got 4 stars on the Game Marketplace?

Hey brink has 4 stars on market place and no demo yet.

Anyway Its a barrel of fun. Cant wait for the full game, Then perhaps I will have 4 barrels of fun with that shotgun.

played the demo and it left me wanting more, in a bad way. scratch this one off the list of potential buys. I hope it brings you all several hours of enjoyment though.

Didn't really strike me as day one purchase, good demo and I can see a lot of potential but no, sorry devs, I'm not buying.

I can play the demo, over and over, best fun i have had in years! think COD...but on a steroid overdose...for about 5 years...

Can't wait till the 25th of February =D

gigastar:
Damn, not on PSN yet... oh well it sounds worth the wait.

Oh good, wasn't just me then. Tried to download it during lunch but didn't see it. I'll try again after work.

Spoon E11:
Hey brink has 4 stars on market place and no demo yet.

Anyway Its a barrel of fun. Cant wait for the full game, Then perhaps I will have 4 barrels of fun with that shotgun.

Brink looks interesting, but after the problems I've had with Bethesda's Fallout games (crashes, exclusive DLC for other consoles, etc.), I wouldn't mind an alternative. This game looks like it will be worth my time.

I also had a problem with the nut-shots. I couldn't pull one off at all today, trying to go for the "Mercy Kill" combo. I'll give it a few more runs before I give up on that one, though. Game is still extremely fun.

I'm....a little dissapointed. It literally took me about 10 minutes (at most, probably more like 5) to complete the demo. Why the fuck is it so short? I mean, there's nothing wrong with the gameplay, but seriously....why the fuck is it so short?

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
I'm....a little dissapointed. It literally took me about 10 minutes (at most, probably more like 5) to complete the demo. Why the fuck is it so short? I mean, there's nothing wrong with the gameplay, but seriously....why the fuck is it so short?

It's meant to be repeated over and over again, to beat your high score, use different weapons, try and find new skill shots etc.

They designed it this way deliberately.

I don't mind the length, personally. I've played through it about 3 times now and it is quite fun. I shall definitely be looking at reviews when the full game is released.

Have it downloading now. The Echo mode sounds fun, but it also sounds like a leadership board type thing? If so, I'd probably just try to beat my own score... leadership boards are never fun.

Okay I just played it and I was hooked on it. I played it like 5 times within a half hour.

I just hope the full game is not short. If not then probably day one purchase for me.

I've been so freakin' excited for this game for a long time now. I'm gonna be playin' the demo here shortly and I'm simply pumped!

latenightapplepie:

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

It's meant to be repeated over and over again, to beat your high score, use different weapons, try and find new skill shots etc.

They designed it this way deliberately.

I don't mind the length, personally. I've played through it about 3 times now and it is quite fun. I shall definitely be looking at reviews when the full game is released.

Yeah, I was actually about to say...I tried it a few more times, and I'm totally seeing the fun now. I'm absolutely buying this game.

I burst out laughing at the trailer when one of the points rewarded was called "FRENCH REVOLUTION"

I'm...currently in a history class, is why lol

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or