Show About Games Show: Nerds & Red Rings

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Nerds & Red Rings

Are you brave enough for a mighty quest? Do you fear the glowing red in the dark? Are you a nerd?

Watch Video

Meh. I didn't really laugh and only smirked when the pillow went instead of the guy...but the rest was sub-par. I want more amazing sets like the LBP part again. That was by far, your best.

I laughed at the first two. The pillow quest and the over cliché sitcom but I felt that the red ring of death bit went on for much to long.

I could listen to that pillow quest theme over and over.

spartan1077:
Meh. I didn't really laugh and only smirked when the pillow went instead of the guy...but the rest was sub-par. I want more amazing sets like the LBP part again. That was by far, your best.

Agreed, the pillow bit was ok, not great, but it would have been better filler if the rest of the show was in some way funny.
Red Ring of Death trauma has been done to death, and this wasn't even that well done as far as that goes.
The gamer gang just didn't work for me. I got you were parodying 'Big Bang Theory', but for whatever reason it just didn't work. It actually might have been better if played straight without the annoying laugh track. Maybe a longer version with better jabs at the show. It's ripe for a parody, but that bit just didn't do it justice, and fell short.

Huzzah, someone besides me thinks that Big Bang Theory is a steaming pile!

Only the pillow was funny

I demand more Gamer Gang!
Two and a Half Men can suck it!

That Black Ops/Pokemon Snap joke actually made me laugh.

Also I love the Pillow Quest song.

Pillow Quest!
I love the theme song.
And holy crap on a cracker! You guys are in Canada? In Kitchener-Waterloo!?
Man, with LRR and you guys, Canada has internet comedy on LOCK-DOWN!
WOO! Maple syrup AND internet comedy! Time to be patriotic.

That documentary guy had an awesome voice, but he holds no candle to the mighty pillow Knight.

I would play the pillow quest game. "It's a quick time event hit b to continue to do nothing."

I'm trying to give this series a chance, but at best it seems like a mixed bag...

It's the pillow quest, full of fluffyness

Wait, this is filmed in Kitchener-Waterloo? It would be strange to see you guys on the streets lol.

Pillow Knight Song made this episode worth watching

Pillow Quest and the Big Bang parody were hilarious.

The Pillow's theme was by far the high point. I'm sad cause the LBP set got me hopeful cause that was good but this was pretty bad.

I guess somebody doesn't like Big Bang theory. That was a parody fail however. I couldn't even tell what it was suppose to be making fun of till the end. This show feels like a cliff notes version of the different sketches. The set ups are too short to make the payoffs work.

Also for a parody to work it has to feel like you enjoy the source material on some level. Otherwise you come off sounding like Douchy MCnitpick from TGWTG.

Do enjoy how there is variant with all things. Still think it is a bit scatter shot, but seems to be improving. Though the scatter shot seems to appeal to most, would of preferred the more focus skits much like last week. If it keeps to this pattern of a more focus skit one week, then a more scatter shot the show would find its place. Since it would give something for everyone that way.

I think this was the best episode. Though I liked the pilot alot and miss the "talking to xbox-games) and supermega-cooking-mama-laser robot thing

What the hell? When that girl started crying?

I get it, over exaggeration, but I fucking hate stupid humor like that.

Was it just me, or when the girl "FELT A DISTURBANCE", did it look like she was.... ENJOYING herself too much shall we say? XD

I'm enjoying this series so far. Dose it have some improvements here and there to make? yes but as far as 2nd episodes go, these guys are doing great. Keep it up

I've never seen a red ring before. Not in real life, at least.

This was an alright episode.

First made me Lol twice, second one was okay (didn't get the BBT reference until the end, whether that was intentional or not), and the third one is not my kind of humor

LeeshaJoy:

Yay! Someone besides myself and the producers of this show think that that sitcom is shit!

I would TOTALLY play pillow quest.

fnartilter:

LeeshaJoy:

Yay! Someone besides myself and the producers of this show think that that sitcom is shit!

Yay! More people who hate that bloody show! :D

OT: This wasn't too bad, the pillow Knight and the Big Bang parody were good but the Red Ring thing was a bit much.

Pillow Quest...not too bad.
Gamer Gang...Apalling...though was it meant to be?
Overstating...Now this was excellent, very funny.

Save up your best stuff and run with it, some of the throwaways are just bringing the rest of the material down.

I feel like some people are hating this to hate it.

I know its not the funniest thing in the world, but I thought it was ok. Pillow quest was funny, and the skit where they made fun of sitcoms was, although a tad slow, not bad either.

The shows random. So what? It may not be Doraleous( <3 ), but I don't mind the show.

Besides you never know when you get random gems like that LBP2 scene.

And I think Pillow Quest has possibilities.

My prayers go out to the families that are suffering under the Red Ring...

Meeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not really funny.

Infact. Just remove 'really' and that's about right.

aw man!
I hate it when my pillows get to go on quests!

Game Dogs > This.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or