Trailers: Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

In Shogun 2: Total War use the teachings passed down by Sun Tzu to achieve victory and claim the Shogunate for yourself.

Watch Video

Just a thought here. Does anyone else think there should be a real time campaign map? You set out your orders and and battles are dealt with when in a certain range sort of thing. Kinda similar to that of Risk 2 same time campaign.

Little Duck:
Just a thought here. Does anyone else think there should be a real time campaign map? You set out your orders and and battles are dealt with when in a certain range sort of thing. Kinda similar to that of Risk 2 same time campaign.

I think that defeats the object. That's a good idea for another game, maybe. But total war is great for strategy fans, as the varied gameplay means you can engage in different styles and properly think and plan, in and out of the battle.

I can't wait for this game. 10 YEARS since the first Shogun, and that's still a fantastic game. Since then they've released great - yet buggy as hell - games, getting better and better mostly. This should be the crown jewel. Also, Rome 2 please :(

Natdaprat:

Little Duck:

I think that defeats the object. That's a good idea for another game, maybe. But total war is great for strategy fans, as the varied gameplay means you can engage in different styles and properly think and plan, in and out of the battle.

I can't wait for this game. 10 YEARS since the first Shogun, and that's still a fantastic game. Since then they've released great - yet buggy as hell - games, getting better and better mostly. This should be the crown jewel. Also, Rome 2 please :(

I don't think so. The game would still be turn based. Just everyone's turn is at the same time (hence same time).

It would be a strategy game still. Just a different type.

Team Hollywood:
Shogun 2 Battle Trailer 4

In Shogun 2: Total War use the teachings passed down by Sun Tzu to achieve victory and claim the Shogunate for yourself.

Watch Video

Stream not found. There is a problem with your trailer link.

Same issue as RelexCryo.
Its for all your videos as well, not sure what it could be.

stream is back up :)

Also I'm wondering if its going to be available for Mac's like Rome. Empire and Napolion weren't

TheNewDemoman:
SUN TZU SAID THAT.

AND I'D SAY HE KNOWS A LITTLE MORE ABOUT FIGHTING THEN YOU DO PAL BECAUSE HE INVENTED IT

THEN HE PERFECTED IT SO THAT IT WOULD ONLY RUN ON A NUCLEAR REACTOR POWERED COMPUTER

-Soldier (TF2)

And from that moment on, any meeting of Japanese people is called a convention!

Unless its a fan-vdeo!

Is it just me, or is 3D neither new, nor stunning anymore.

Stop climbing the bloody walls and put some ladders up morons!

Oh. Hell. Yes.
I wasn't going to get this after the fiasco that was empire, but... just look at that campaign map! I mean, fuck the battles, you could play the entire game on that map and not feel as if you'd wasted your money. Just so long as the game doesn't require the insane amount of micromanagement that Empire did, I can guarantee that I'm going to be in line for it!

*edit* As long as it doesn't rely on Steam. Please please please let there be no compulsory Steam.

Worst trailer to a (I hope) good game I have ever seen.
Why they have chosen a woman that can not speak English?
Whenever I hear 'Sun Tzu' I just want to laugh. It's like praising a person who says 'wipe your ass' as a great sanitary control master.

yayforgiveaway:
Whenever I hear 'Sun Tzu' I just want to laugh. It's like praising a person who says 'wipe your ass' as a great sanitary control master.

It's because the game takes place in Japan so they wanted a Japanese person doing the narrative.

The 3D real time battles look a bit more exciting than the Empire ones, those get old really fast ... the epic battles usually end as mess.
From memory :

Yelling at my troops, why cant you align properly ...is that pebble really in the way ?

Shoot you morons , SHOOOT!! What the [ beeep ] are you waiting for ? they are in your range!

Nooo! Dont go that way, theres a metric shit ton of guns and troops there, the other way !

Why cant you kill them, they are pulling a bloody cannon ( to my Calvary, who could catch up to the retreating cannon pulling enemy, just couldnt seem to actually kill them ).

One battle I vividly remember had me with half my forces rendered useless, not by the brilliant enemy AI strategy ... nooo, because a good portion of my deployment zone was in area with no means to exit, my units couldnt get off the plataue and so I couldnt use them.

The sea battles was atrocious, enemy AI seemed only capable of trying to run circles around your fleet, but that was balanced by your own units moronic AI firing broadsides at the wrong target as you manually try swing the ship to take out a more imminent threat.

The battles got quiet dull in the long run, especially the sea battles but I dare not use the auto resolve... once I used it as I had a everwhelming advantage, and the auto resolve resulted in a heavy loss for me.

I am planning on getting this game ( but not the inevitable Sega driven DLC flood ), and hope they fixed up the AI , Pathfinding and spiced up the 3D battles a bit.

yayforgiveaway:

I know, they totally should have picked someone with a thick scottish accent and give us subtitles, because samurais and the shogun totally started in Scotland. You know, the ninjas, monks and samurai were fighting over the haggis and sheep.

So totally historically incorrect man... I hear you.

I cannot wait for this game! Been playing Total War since the first bout of Samurai-sweetness and every trailer/teaser for Shogun 2 just makes me want it more. Hopefully they won't do an Empire and release it when there's still work to be done just to appease people. Regardless of how long I've waited, I'm willing to go a little longer to get this sweet piece of gaming on my shelf.

man i need this game. i think i've already played the hell out of Empire and Napoleon TW

Gonna be interesting to see how the Ship combat differs now that its not based on who has the most guns on a broad side.

AC10:

yayforgiveaway:

It's because the game takes place in Japan so they wanted a Japanese person doing the narrative.

Theres some serious irony here lol Guess obvious isn't obvious enough for those who points out the obvious

+1 ac10 to you XD

Awwww must i wait a whole other month till it comes out? :(

Its gonna be full glitches like all creative assembly products they really cant make games very well.

Anyone else get a meh feeling about this one? Seems like nothing really new except sea/land mix battles.

Also why use that voice actor, I understand that an Asian accent is great, but it was very awkward to listen too.

Ossian:
Anyone else get a meh feeling about this one? Seems like nothing really new except sea/land mix battles.

Also why use that voice actor, I understand that an Asian accent is great, but it was very awkward to listen too.

They have added so much to this title compared to the previous. For me to have to explain them means you just don't know the game. Which means I will leave you with your 'jump the gun' opinion based off of a trailer..

This looks to be a great itteration of my favorite title out there. I just hope the release is nothing like Empire, god that was horrible.

anyone else read shotgun first, clicked on it and then was disappointed?^^

They really need to downplay the siege battles more in the trailers if it still contains wall scaling. That was one of the most hated parts about Empire.

Soviet Heavy:
Stop climbing the bloody walls and put some ladders up morons!

Sun Tzu never said anything about ladders. Weren't you listening to the narrator's silly accent?

Bretty:

Ossian:

They have added so much to this title compared to the previous. For me to have to explain them means you just don't know the game. Which means I will leave you with your 'jump the gun' opinion based off of a trailer..

This looks to be a great itteration of my favorite title out there. I just hope the release is nothing like Empire, god that was horrible.

They added so much to Empire over the previous ones and guess what? It was still shit. This campaign map might look beautiful, but I guarantee you that the AI pathfinding is going to be so inept that it won't be able to use terrain effectively.

So... basically its medieval 2, but in japan. I think Im just gonna play medieval 2 again, because its AWESOME!

EDIT: I did, to be completly honest, think that Empire: total war sucked. So if this game turns out to be just like Empire, then this serie is officaly dead to me.

This is going to be epic!! :D They're a lot of fun.

murphy7801:
Its gonna be full glitches like all creative assembly products they really cant make games very well.

Seriously? I haven't found any; at least not in the Total War games. :S

Bobbity:
Oh. Hell. Yes.
I wasn't going to get this after the fiasco that was empire, but... just look at that campaign map! I mean, fuck the battles, you could play the entire game on that map and not feel as if you'd wasted your money. Just so long as the game doesn't require the insane amount of micromanagement that Empire did, I can guarantee that I'm going to be in line for it!

*edit* As long as it doesn't rely on Steam. Please please please let there be no compulsory Steam.

Ah yes. I do have to agree with this. This very nearly ruined Empire for me, and -did- for my friend. :(

Jamous:

murphy7801:

Bobbity:
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Ah yes. I do have to agree with this. This very nearly ruined Empire for me, and -did- for my friend. :(

Did play the game it couldn't even handle fences the unit went over fence could cost you a game. I talking about empire also empire problems were nothing to do with steam have ever looked at the creative assembly forum boards.

Soviet Heavy:

They added so much to Empire over the previous ones and guess what? It was still shit. This campaign map might look beautiful, but I guarantee you that the AI pathfinding is going to be so inept that it won't be able to use terrain effectively.

Actually I played that game unmodded for a year. Sure they could have done more to it and yes the testing schedule got heavily rushed. But deep down it was a great game, thats why people are still playing it over Napolean. And with the mods now available for Empire it i still truly a great gaming experience.

I wonder if this game will come out in America before it comes out in Japan :P

Bretty:

Soviet Heavy:

Actually I played that game unmodded for a year. Sure they could have done more to it and yes the testing schedule got heavily rushed. But deep down it was a great game, thats why people are still playing it over Napolean. And with the mods now available for Empire it i still truly a great gaming experience.

They stop any support for empre when released Napoleon they left hanging full glitches that the modders had to fix.

murphy7801:

Jamous:

murphy7801:

Bobbity:
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Did play the game it couldn't even handle fences the unit went over fence could cost you a game.

...Wut. Seriously, mine ran fine. :S It took me a while to figure a few things out, but it all worked fine. The AI bugged out maybe once or twice for me, but aside from that it wasn't too bad. I can see why that would seriously tick you off though. :(

Because there a lazy sloppy developer who make excuses and false promise about fixing things.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here