Trailers: DC Universe Online: Alert Zone and Endgame Raids

DC Universe Online: Alert Zone and Endgame Raids

Chris Cao, Game Director, explains what you can expect for endgame challenges for DC Universe Online.

Watch Video

Wow, that actually looks quite good. Makes a nice change for them to drop the 'fight alongside our icons' blather and let the players take centre stage.

Ace Chemicals?

But isn't that the birthplace of the Joker!? Oh snap!

Oh my goodness, that actually looks pretty cool!, a raid inside the Batcave must be awesome and not to mention Arkhan Asylum itself!

It's a shame that the game has a monthly based subscription, otherwise, I would've bought it already.

Well lets see if I have enough will to stop playing City of Heroes and play this instead....

No I'm still Playing City.

Nice try though Sony

Damn it. It's getting harder an harder to resist this game.
Must... hold out... until... Dark Millennium...

what if u have ice powers? XD

Vamast:

Haha, you have the amazing ability to heal your enemies and harm your allies! Good luck finding a group!

Honestly though, how is this different from any other MMORPG (aside from the obvious DC branding)? Reminds me of The Matrix Online. Brand recognition over style, let alone substance.

James Joseph Emerald:

Vamast:

Haha, you have the amazing ability to heal your enemies and harm your allies! Good luck finding a group!

Honestly though, how is this different from any other MMORPG (aside from the obvious DC branding)? Reminds me of The Matrix Online. Brand recognition over style, let alone substance.

Well it has actual combat, in that it's like playing a spider man game, as opposed to your standard hotkey style combat, there are powers, but the combat is much more like a regular single player game. It is actually really fun, it needs a bit more polish, but even wow was buggy and broken near the start.

I have to say, when I think MMO endgame content, I don't think Batman villains. The Black Adam thing sounds okay (I wonder who they're talking about for the magic heroes? Captain Marvel? Wonder Woman?) but the DC universe can do better. Where's the raid on Apokolips ending in a fight against Darkseid? The fight on OA to save the Green Lantern Corps? The chance to finally slap Superboy Prime around? Some crap with the Anti-Monitor? Well, that's what expansion packs are for.

End game? Pfft;

Let's see if i got this right:
He said there's no end to the game.
But if you eventually fight Brainiac for the future of Earth, how is that not and end?

This makes me want this game a bit more.
Oh well, I am still going to be cheap since i found out recentally that Champions online has a free version

deshou? XD

Khandaq? We got some respect for DC lore up in dis' game.

I'm a real sucker for anything that has a "create your own character" mode. Often I'll just buy a shit game for that aspect alone (I'm looking at YOU Soul Calibur 4!).

But I'm just not sold on this one. Not yet anyway.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here