Trailers: DC Universe Online: Brainiac Tutorial

DC Universe Online: Brainiac Tutorial

Team up with DC Comic's iconic heroes in the fight against Brainiac from the very beginning of the game.

Watch Video

Sorry, but.. Damn, did that ever look BAD when he is firing the two pistols. There is no animation, just before and after. I sincerely hope this is not what the firing animation looks like in game?

Steve Fidler:
Sorry, but.. Damn, did that ever look BAD when he is firing the two pistols. There is no animation, just before and after. I sincerely hope this is not what the firing animation looks like in game?

I was thinking much the same. He fires pistols like one of those wind-up drummer monkeys. I like the look of the game as a whole, but I'd want to avoid having a character that would make me have to watch that stiff, jerky, ridiculous animation over and over.

That doesnt do it justice when you fire 2 pistols in the game its like that movie Equilibrium.
Although kinda of a sucky move set to put in the trailer to be honest.

That's not at all what I would consider "inspiring" when it comes to influencing me to get the game.

As someone who plays DCUO...that was a horrible trailer.

Steve Fidler:

No, it isn't. The animation for the pistols isn't that good but its a damn sight better than that.

gibboss28:

I second this. It looks like they removed the majority of the frames from all the animations, as I suppose it would look on low-end computers. Not the best example of the game at all.

LawlessSquirrel:

gibboss28:

I second this. It looks like they removed the majority of the frames from all the animations, as I suppose it would look on low-end computers. Not the best example of the game at all.

Even on a low end computer it doesn't look that bad.

Haha, why would they bother releasing this as a trailer? It looks so crap. The animations are jerky and stupid-looking, the voice-acting kinda sucks, the soundtrack is unimpressive (it's just generic music, with generic sound effects) and it just kinda whimpers off at the end.

i love this game...but that trailer was crap

JordanXlord...Villian

And I was planning on getting this game, considering the jerky animation, might reconsider.
however since gibboss says its better in game I might think about it, perhaps if they release an update and showcase the new animations

That's from the Beta. Brainiac's voice is far better. Dunno why they released it like this?

Shouldn't fighting along side Superman be something you have to earn, and not something that happens at the beginning of the game?

Vincent33:
Shouldn't fighting along side Superman be something you have to earn, and not something that happens at the beginning of the game?

I was kinda thinking that too. Like if the game is just running errands for Superman or Batman or Wonderwomen; then how am I a super hero? Im pretty sure a squad of normal people could be errand boys/girls. I want to have Superman show up and tell me we are totally screwed unless the JLA has MY help cause Im just that awesome.

thank god that I'm not the only one thinking this was terrible.. Honestly, whats wrong with this firing animation??? Like the concept and look, but this is just terrible..

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here