Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

The worst filing system in all of Azeroth finally pushes Norman over the edge.

Read Full Article

Ah, Bureaucracy, the thing that turns many adventurers to evil. But Norman is still thinking small. Why not a ten man raid instance? ;)

At least he drew the line at joining the twilight hammer. Too bad really, this was just starting to get good. You could have done an entire episode about all his attempts at doing evil failing. Or about his death and rebirth as a death knight, yet somehow travelling in time to do so.

A new evil is unleashed on Azeroth. And even worse, he seems competent.

Fantastic series Shamus. Just fantastic. Your Let's Plays always bring a smile to my face. Few things make me happier than the collapse of ideals under the boot heel of stupid NPCs.

Keep up the good work, whatever your next project may be.

Another brilliant series, really loved the story of Norman the inept warlock turning to Norman the not-so inept evil-doer.

Shamus Young:

"Norman, you don't understand. The power to be evil has been inside of you all along."

He wipes his nose on the back of his sleeve, "Really?"

"You can do it! You just have to believe in yourself."

I think that calls for a slowclap backed by an average pop song.

How in the hell did you manage to spin the ending as a dark John Huges movie? I think that's the best tribute he could recieve.

Ha, I predicted this way back in episode two's comments page. Predictable. I'm disappointed...

Oh wait, no I'm not! That was blinkin' hilarious, and I've never even played WoW. Fantastic!

Nothing illustrates the stupidity of WoW than the quests, except the fanboys.

Oh wow, this has ended far beyond the normal length of his normal Let's Play. Hopefully, he can now get back with Stolen Pixels.

I've noticed a trend with these Lets Plays, they take a perfectly normal happy person who enjoys their job and slowly drives them insane to the point of quitting/going evil.

I salute you.

I'd totally get WoW to join the Avenging Legion of Vengeance Cult!
Awesome series Shamus.

Even if I loved this series (and it's still the most inviting thing to WOW I know), I think you should work more on the ends. They're all on the bitter side.
Even this one. Norman goes to the "dark" side because he's kind of broken, not because of a choice.

But that's it. There's nobody left to help. Nobody that isn't going to sabotage my efforts to help them. Nobody that deserves help.

Well, Norman did walk past little Nida, who dropped her necklace into Lake Everstill. No killing involved. Just a little swimming and it's usually right under the dock. But it's probably best not to mention it to him now.

*Claps*

Good ending to a great series! Although I would have loved for this to continue for a few years, with Norman journeying through all of WoW =)

it would be funny if we see gotstab or a warlock named Norman in a future content patch

I'm a little bit disappointed you went to Darkshire and didn't end it with the quest chain that resurrects a monster that starts destroying town hall :( very entertaining though

Shame to see it end, but glad to see it end so well.
Thank you Shamus, please never stop doing things like this!

Yet another casualty of beurocracy!

That was an absolute wonderful ending! It's so strange that we actually are cheering for the bad guy! But when the world around him is full of annoying idiots, who wouldn't be?

Hah good ending. They want to be a 5 man raid tho? Not really a raid then. But anyway...

I guess this is why, when my undead rogue was a decently high level, I went back and murdered so many humans in those newbie towns. I didn't realise it but they must have really pissed me off too!

I'd like to know where to sign up for Gobstab's Seminars.
Ahhh that was great. A shame we won't see anymore of Gobstab and Norman, but hopefully Azeroth will get what it deserves. Random events where those two and their cult sweep in and burn the NPC quest givers in those areas.

Kick Mayor in the nuts!!! i lolled to that... xD

The ending was abrupt.

"Wow, this sucks."
"Turn evil!"
"But i suck at it!"
"It's been in you all along!"
"OKAY!"

I mean, being unsuccessful at something usually isn't the catalyst for a complete alignment switch.

Wasn't his name Dethbringerr, not Lightbringer? Though it certainly fits better.

I'm so sorry for Norman, but at least he's happier killing. It was a fitting end, however. I wish I could go to Gobstab's seminars, too.

Are you going to do another MMO?

Awesome series Shamus. As with all your work I am sorry to see it end (but I am also happy you keep the finite rather than make them run forever and losing their potency).

Toasty Virus:
I've noticed a trend with these Lets Plays, they take a perfectly normal happy person who enjoys their job and slowly drives them insane to the point of quitting/going evil.

Actually, its MMOs that do that. Let's Play is merely chronically the inevitable.

Poetic ending to an entertaining interpretation of MMORPG quest grind...

loved it
I genuinely felt for this character, which may be worrying but screw it
personally I wouldve liked the end to be a montage of Norman slaughtering the NPCs, and Gobstab, now 100 feet tall, wrecking cities
not accurate in terms of the game, but seeing as Norman is some kind of genius prodigy child and the only person alive capable of thought, maybe not such a leap.
But oh well, keep it up Shamus, great series

A nice ending to the series. Now all we need is for blizzard to decide that this would make a fun instance, and implement it.

Norman Blightbringer
<Disgruntled Adventurer>

I wonder what would have happened if he'd met another sane player...

This has been the best one yet. Loved every instalment. Looking forward to the next series.

Great end. Liked the skiing callback to episode 1. I wonder if Norman will enjoy the ball pit of skulls of the stillborn?

stranamente:
Even if I loved this series (and it's still the most inviting thing to WOW I know), I think you should work more on the ends. They're all on the bitter side.

And that's what makes them so very sweet.

Really, each one is about putting a sane man (i.e. a person with real-world expectations) in a fundamentally insane (i.e. MMO) world. The only real options are to go insane (and start playing along), retreat from the madness (Lulzy and Star on Chest retiring) or fight against the madness (Norman finally living up to his Deathbringer-er name.)

I loved this series. Shamus's Lets Plays are always awesome. The ones on his site, the "Spoiler Warning" ones are great. You should bring them on here!

Although I am a bit disappointed it had to end the ending was awesome. Thank you for this.

LadyRhian:
Ah, Bureaucracy, the thing that turns many adventurers to evil. But Norman is still thinking small. Why not a ten man raid instance? ;)

Pacing, you need to slaughter a few orphans befor you can kill a plaidin.

On that note, I <3 happy endings.

Another great run Shamus. Nice to call developers out on their insane npcs.

How many gamers have looked upon a town full of hapless people crying out for their help and thought - "These dumb s.o.b.'s deserve to die. I wonder if the villains are hiring."

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here