Escapist News Network: The Newsroom: Dead Dragon Distance

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I want this job T.T
or at least an internship

Sorry, I'm not yelling, but I'm putting this in bold so people see it:

WE DON'T GET TO CONTROL HOW OFTEN WE DO THE SHOW.
PLEASE STOP TELLING US TO "GO BACK TO WEEKLY" OR SAYING THAT WE'RE LAZY/BURNED OUT FOR "DECIDING" TO GO BI-WEEKLY.
We produce the show, we do not decide the schedule.

Thank you.

I like the Newsroom thing, but I like regular ENN too. Maybe you could come back to doing it once a week and just alternate. One week newsroom, one week ENN. Unless of course you're doing this because ENN is too much work. In which case all I ask is this once a week.

edit: Hadn't seen that. ^^ All apologies.

Please, no more newsroom, I know it must be hard to run about 5 different shows on here, but this newsroom format seems like a cheap way to safe time, and its not working. Yes its still a funny show, but this format really doesn't visuals anymore if its just you guys sitting around a table with iPads. Either go back to looking like an actual news show or just got the next step and make it an audio podcast cause the "newsroom" is not that visually interesting.

^Personally, I like the newsroom one a bit better. I just think I'll miss stuff like Headshots and Quick's Picks. My 2 cents.

markt1964:
Are you guys starting to get burned out? I mean, first you switch ENN over to biweekly... and now you're giving us what are basically ENN brainstorming sessions instead of actual ENN.

Moving to bi-weekly was not our own choice.

carnkhan4:
I thought the comments last time were largely in favour of the old format, but yet we're got newsroom again...is there at least going to be some alternating?

Actually, the comments were mostly in favour of the new format, or "I could go either way". There were some dislikes, but the majority was definitely in favor of this.

Kimarous:
It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time."

That was a joke. These take just as much, if not more, effort than before.

Aptspire:
it's pretty good, except for one thing:
not enough time for all the stuff that happened this week? then how about making one video per week, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh?

Sounds like fun. Sadly, see above.

Rated A for Approved.

lacktheknack:
Thank you, Graham, for encapsulating my disgust for the Dead Space 2 ad campaign, where everyone told me I was being an oversensitive jerk for thinking it was an awful idea.

Really? What sad people are you surrounded by?

Jbird:
Edit: Phun Phact: Iph you want to use the special version of the letter "u", just hold the Alt key and type 129. Enjoy =)

Or like us cool kids you turn on the international keyboard and type " then the u, for a "ü" !

OT:
I want Oregon Trail 3D, good suggestion Graham. Now we wait for some odd indie coder to attempt while we watch they fight laughter and disappointment when they mysteriously disappear.

whaleswiththumbs:

Jbird:
Edit: Phun Phact: Iph you want to use the special version of the letter "u", just hold the Alt key and type 129. Enjoy =)

Or like us cool kids you turn on the international keyboard and type " then the u, for a "ü" !

Wow, Graham's reaction to Bieber was exactly mine. Bravo Graham, you are now my personal saviour.

I was wary of the new format, but I'm coming around. I like it, in fact.

I don't mind that Newroom is basically ENN x Phailhaus, but I still think this would be better as a fly on the wall type show, even if it is scripted.

"bad games" do not cause AGRESSION.
AGRESSION causes "bad games".

I have to say i do not like the new format. If you want to continue doing it this way then kill off the ENN tag and just call it 4 people in a room. Because that is what it is. Y'all sound more like you are pitching ideas to a sketch comedy show then doing any type of "News"

Just not as funny as ENN used to be.

I too would like to see Oregon Trail 3-D!

Good video you guys! Way to rock 'em like it's hot!

I hope ENN comes back soon, I really enjoyed that series (I was bummed when it got cut back to every other week). This placeholder is definitely not very entertaining.

I don't know if this is new, because I only see this show on The escapist. But did the poster besides the rhino looked like the escapist crew in animated form. It looked nice. You guys could do an animated episode of ENN.

Soviet Heavy:
Seriously? People are preordering for a thousand bucks?

No, the $999.99 amount is a placeholder until Sony announces what the actual price will be. This is exactly what they did with the 3DS, and the pre-order amount was $50.

I highly enjoy the new format, it's basically a relaxed discussion between you guys, like you would find on a podcast or something like that.

It doesn't have the feeling of a news network, but it's funny. I like funny things. Keep it up guys.

As for being biweekly, I actually don't mind as LRR puts out enough content anyway, and the less frequent they are the more time they can be worked on, resulting in a better overall video.

I'm really liking these. They're quite nice. I wouldn't mind seeing this every other week.

Lady Kathleen:

Kimarous:
This format is... okay, but can we get some actual ENN sometime? It's bad enough that you've gone biweekly, but now you give us these "Newsroom" episodes instead of the original show? To this user, they feel more like an unfinished normal episode... the thought process behind it without any major effort put behind it. It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time." Are you saying that the ENN show barely has time for a minimalist backstage discussion now? I admit, stuff like Daily Drop can be entertaining at times, but is ENN really getting sacrificed for shows like that?

Actually, this format takes more time to film and edit than 'classic' ENN - we only edit together the good stuff - we film a LOT more and then re-do, edit, and cut, cut, cut. It only appears totally 'off the cuff'.

We're not sacrificing ENN for other shows - we're trying to find a format that Escapist viewers want to see.

Graham_LRR:

Kimarous:
It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time."

That was a joke. These take just as much, if not more, effort than before.

Thank you for the replies. It can be difficult for the average viewer to realize the technicals that go behind the show, so I apologize if I sounded ungrateful or anything. I really do like this show and want to see it thrive; know that even though I prefer the "classic" format, I appreciate all the effort that you guys put into it.

Gotta say, I've enjoyed these newsroom episodes a lot more than the standard ENN episodes. Hope you keep going with them!

It's probably been mentioned already, but this feels like a spiritual successor to phailhaus, which is a good thing.

You know what other game my mom hated? Kane and Lynch 2! AND SHE WAS RIGHT! Thanks Mom :)

Formica Archonis:

lacktheknack:
Thank you, Graham, for encapsulating my disgust for the Dead Space 2 ad campaign, where everyone told me I was being an oversensitive jerk for thinking it was an awful idea.

Really? What sad people are you surrounded by?

Stupid people, people desperately trying to prove that Dead Space is the best thing evar (yes, I know some people who do that), and about half of this.

Honestly, I preferred the old-style ENN episodes. I'm definitely not saying that the new sketch ideas are unfunny, but I think they work better when the team actually commits to them. Right now we seem to have more of a bunch of half-baked 'what if we made a video about this...' scenes.

There are exceptions, of course: the LeVar Burton sketch was just the right size for this kind of video. Extra points for Graham's teeth.

For the DS externals joke we also would have accepted: bluetooth surround sound-equipped living room with 80-inch LCD screen and bluetooth cheetos, non-bluetooth 1980s desktop computer, bluetooth orthopedic shoes for Walking Simulator 7: the Walkening, bluetooth bong, or bluetooth pelvis-attached cage filled with rabid, hungry wolverines for Nintendo's much-anticipated Genital Mutilation 3.

I was entertained.

See you in 2 weeks.

Lady Kathleen:

Kimarous:
This format is... okay, but can we get some actual ENN sometime? It's bad enough that you've gone biweekly, but now you give us these "Newsroom" episodes instead of the original show? To this user, they feel more like an unfinished normal episode... the thought process behind it without any major effort put behind it. It's especially worrying when you follow up this episode with "we only have so much time." Are you saying that the ENN show barely has time for a minimalist backstage discussion now? I admit, stuff like Daily Drop can be entertaining at times, but is ENN really getting sacrificed for shows like that?

Actually, this format takes more time to film and edit than 'classic' ENN - we only edit together the good stuff - we film a LOT more and then re-do, edit, and cut, cut, cut. It only appears totally 'off the cuff'.

We're not sacrificing ENN for other shows - we're trying to find a format that Escapist viewers want to see.

Great! Then may I suggest a more professional format? With all due respect it's funny to me that you complain about the Dead Space 2 ad campaign (the same as I do) but even though you know your audience (and the fact that many are not 18) you do not temper your content to help parents out a bit. I mean at least a warning for those who like to game with (and watch shows about games that believe it or not have not always had this much mature content) the kids would be nice.

I'm not saying that you are responsible for everyone who clicks on your show. Since you asked about format I for one would like to see something more journalistic and professional. Especially if it is going to package itself that way. Then again maybe the whole "newsroom" image is completely sarcastic and done for a joke.

So, no offense but we won't be tuning in again, and seriously how many shows on the escapist would be considered for general audiences? Not very many that I've encountered so far.

IS there even such a thing as a family friendly or even nuetral website for video game enthusiasts? It's not a "holier than thou cristian thing" either it's just a belief that swearing and sending the script to Porky's school of writing does not equal funny, neither does insulting people.

So I guess what we'd like to see is a relevant, socially acceptable format that when it was humorous it did so with creativity and imagination rather than swearing and humor that is in poor taste.

I know, I know, good luck with THAT one...... You do know they told me the same thing about home schooling right?

Yeah... that Dead Space 2 advertising campaign is appaling, it does not help the credibility of this medium, nor appeal in the least to gamers themselves.

HAHAHA! I loved the Dead Space 2 ad campaign parody! Though I personally liked it, they raised some good points... And again, the parody was hilarious :)

Also, loved the full-size zoo peripheral. At last, I've always been looking for something like this!

ENN: Phailhaüs Edition.

I approve of this. If this is how ENN is going to be from now on, I am all for it.

Epic reaction to Justin Bieber, Graham. I made the same face.

Enjoying the additional content and banter over the "formal" news episodes. Keep it up.

I'd like a full-sized DS monitor. It'd make recording the footage much easier.

That Dead Space 2 ad campaign got on my nerves, too.

I don't mind the title for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. They've made pretty stupid subtitles before, and they all make a bit of sense by the end of the game, so don't judge yet.

Graham_LRR:

Thank you.

No sir, thank you. This is clever, witty, and not predictable. Genuinely funny people entertaining me for free? You should be upset with me, I owe you a drink!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here