Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Very stylish, you can tell it's a pretty slick professional job, and the two leads do seem to have a good chemistry.

people are people and will critisise anything before it really gets going. It was interesting had clearly had some effort put into it, give it a few episodes to get rolling and it should pan out well :)

Awsome, simply awsome.

was pretty meh tbh

The writing kinda reminds me of HAWP, which is not necessary a bad thing.

I like it. I'll be looking forward to Wednesdays now :)

I must admit. My curiosity is piqued. Excellent foley work, by the way. Really helps to make the video work IMO.

This is definitely interesting.

Definitely something to watch here.

not bad! i couldnt figure out where i had seen that guy before, but then i realized, i just watched all his rev rants on dtoid thanks to the guys over at extra credits. woo good stuff! looking forward to seeing this play out. also, anyone else feeling like this might be a bit too much like a good nights quest? it felt a lot like that to me. i guess we will see.

Interesting, this series looks like it has promise.
I already enjoy HAWP and its sense of humor.
Can't wait to see more.

Well at least it looks better than "a good knights quest" or whatever that shit was... and... there was something else I was meant to say... but I forgot because I'm posting while drunk... FUCK.

Well, a good start.

Opening it up with Settlers of Catan is a big plus for me. Mikey did get screwed over 7 victory points, I would be pissed too if that was me.

Congratulations, you have me looking forward to the next video.

This was a great starter episode. I'm very much looking forward to where this series goes. :) keep it up. Welcome to The Escapist.

rddj623:
This was a great starter episode. I'm very much looking forward to where this series goes. :) keep it up. Welcome to The Escapist.

Thank you. Been doing my research all day since it launched. Watched a ton of Doomsday Arcade, There Will Be Brawl, and Good Knights Quest.

I'm still giving it a chance, but I was unimpressed by the fight scene. To much "I knock you down and walk away so you can get up and jump me", followed later in the same fight by "I have eyes in the back of my head, so I see you coming and shoot you without turning around".

Just...meh.

Needs more Ash. Currently there is 0% Ash, this must change to some degree.

In all seriousnessnessnes, I liked it before, and I still like it now.

Great job, looks like it's going to be really funny.

It's weird how the Escapist has progressively bought up everyone on the internet.

Cool new project! I'll be making time to watch this each week.

Decent enough pilot I suppose, though it could have done without the gratuitous fight scene. The dialogue was great, but the fight was only okay, so that really dragged the video out. I will definitely watch next week though.

JRCB:
That was pretty awesome.

But his mom gave him the table.... from the future?

I must keep watching to find out about the table!

Great observation ahha. The table came back with him from the future?

Just like in HAWP I love Anthony's over the top reactions

. . .

What.

The hell.

Did I just watch.

... and why was it so cool?

Meh. I was hoping to see some jokes and stuff. Ya know, HAWP style or something funny.

Oh man, the "ooh, a seven" line was hilarious.

Great first episode. Good koreography on the fight scene and nice humour as well.

JRCB:
That was pretty awesome.

But his mom gave him the table.... from the future?

I must keep watching to find out about the table!

Rofl, good point! :D

I thought it was pretty epic, its good to see something like this come to Escapist since the end of Doomsday Arcade. I didn't like the yelling at the end though, too robotic for a start. Lets just hope Anthony becomes less whiney soon. :p

Antony Burch FTW!!!
also.... THIS BETTER NOT AFFECT HAWP IN ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!

Lol i rember when u USED TO MAKE HAWP WHEN DID THAT STOP

So last week Extra Credits name drops Anthony Burch and then here he is with a new show. I sense a time-travelling conspiracy.

I am pleasantly surprised, this looks reeaally good. Also what's this "Settlers of Catan?" is it any good?

EDIT: I am an idiot, I meant HAWP. I got them mixed up.

Some of the cuts were a little jarring, but otherwise - the action was incredible, the cinematography suitably serious and the dialog suitably cheesy/funny. Colour me pleasantly surprised.

Also, DANNYB'S MUSIC OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD

ProtoChimp:
I am pleasantly surprised, this looks reeaally good. Also what's this "Settlers of Catan?" is it any good?

I played Settler's of Catan once. A long-time music teacher of mine - a total metalhead/celtic rock freak, just pulled it out totally out of the blue during a backstage-intermission thing at a gig once. Didn't have barely enough time to learn it - it all sorta dissolved into a "wha -? That... huh - ? Guh?" session. But it seemed quite deep, like the kind of board game a hex-grid RTS-playing geek would make for when the power went out.

Clumsiest.Fight.Ever. Looked like playfighting between brothers at age 10.

The music is from the SUPER MEAT BOY guy! I don't know Catan, so the joke of 7 victory points didn't do much for me. But damn, Mikey thrown around without a stunt double.

I went into this thinking, "I'm bored... might as well." Now, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Pretty funny line at the end.

Anybody else now thinking, "I'm dancin'! I'm dancin'!"?

Better than Doomsday Arcade.

I was sceptical at the beginning, but it just rose in style every minute. I love it.
Looking forward to more.

Plus: Dark suit and Chucks. The perfect everyday outfit (for non-rainy days. In rain its rangers).

Michael Jaynes:
That made me smile. Ripping the directions and the dollar bill in half, "ooo a seven!", "my mom gave me that table". I just watched Anthony's rants on recommendation from Extra Credits, so it's funny to see him showing up in a new series on here all of a sudden. Looking forward to more.

where is that rant at? I can't seem to find it.

Also best part of this episode "ooh, a Seven" but can't say I wouldn't be that committed if I was just 3 points away from a win.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here