Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

..............Huh?! O__o

(was well done, though a few things that didn't make too much sense, ie clapping a mans ears when he is wearing a balaclava doesn't work etc).

JRCB:
That was pretty awesome.

But his mom gave him the table.... from the future?

I must keep watching to find out about the table!

Oh no, a plot hole... No wait!
His mum did give him that table, or rather does, but because that stupid guy broke it, he not only no longer has the table, he never owns the table. That, is why it pissed him off. He'll never know the joys of ownership of that particular table.
Anyway, I rather enjoyed this. Good work, keep it up... Please?
EDIT:

Khada:
..............Huh?! O__o

(was well done, though a few things that didn't make too much sense, ie clapping a mans ears when he is wearing a balaclava doesn't work etc).

Doesn't work, or is less effective? I'm genuinely curious if anyone knows, I am nowhere near an expert in hand to hand combat.
Oh, I do have to complain about... Uh... Future man checking attacker man's pulse with his thumb. You fool! If you'd done it properly you'd have known he was still alive!

So this has just turned into my favourite live series after Doomsday Arcade.

I do agree with some people that the flow of the action sequences needs tuning. Sometimes I was confused with if he was still fighting the same guy or not and the fades to black felt unnecessary since we'd return to seeing Mikey 3 feet away from his original location.

Still Mikey pretty much won me over with "My point is that I had 7 victory points" *Bang*.

seamlessly blending bad acting, trying hard to be cool, terrible fight choreography, and uncompressed audio. cant wait for the next one. btw, i love the escapist. Just think you could find better.

I see a great future for this series; however...

it started off great but fell apart during the fight scene and the fight scene had too many "momentum shifts" in it.

Other than that... I liked it; Can wait to see more!

um...I guess I don't quite understand...kinda weird?...kinda meh?

Well, that was surprisingly dull and unentertaining considering the visible budget.

Firstly, I am glad you guys are on the Escapist. Secondly, and you probably don't care, but you never check a pulse with your thumb because you can feel your own heart beat and it gives you a false positive. crap... I'm that guy... I know, I'll go a away now.

Haha. I do care. I did a tv pulse check and people pointed it out after we'd finished the shoot. I'll do my best in the future to make sure our medical accuracy is on par with a bad episode of Grey's Anatomy (I have no idea what that means either!)

I liked it. I am also willing to forgive any lapses just for the look of dumbfounded bewilderment on Anthony's face during the fight scene.

Oh, I am also willing to forigve almost anything for a content creator who responds directly to feedback on the forums so bravo, keep it up!

Ha. Thanks. I mean, we're learning as we go. We know how to make quality video content, but quality content on practically zero budget, on a time schedule? Not simple :)

But, feedback is great! We have four episodes in the can, and are shooting one tomorrow (in the snow, yikes.)

It was pretty much universal feedback that the time that the fight took up was too much for not being of utmost quality. So, we are definitely working on the fight stuff with further episodes. The quality bar gets a major uptick with episode 3 and 4. So, through the rest of the season, we'll try to pick it up. There's a lot more gunplay than fist fighting in next few.

I'll watch some Jet Li movies and take some notes.

Cheers!

-m,

This is a good series. I think this may be the next Doomsday Arcade.

BTW, what's this "HAWP" I see people mentioning in the comments?

Okay, I'm intrigued.
I find Catan kind of lousy with 2 though, being all about trading. Try Lost Cities or Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation.

That was incredible....as people have said, very Doomsday Arcade feel to it. Keep up the good work, the Escapist needs a good show like this.

DUDE! DUBSTEP FIGHT MUSIC!

YES!

From a film student's perspective, the wobbly camera, while fine for fight sequences (it works! trust me!) is just bad cinematography if it's constant.
Need a tripod or less coffee :P

I'm not sure about this so far, to be honest. The story was presented in a really quick but rather odd way, and kind of irked me a little.
I'm going to keep watching to see if it gets more interesting for me, though. ^_^

Oh yes, me likey. Great work guys.

Ih8pkmn:
This is a good series. I think this may be the next Doomsday Arcade.

BTW, what's this "HAWP" I see people mentioning in the comments?

HAWP is the other show that Anthony burch is in also known as "hey ash whatcha playing" absolutely hilarious

I will trade you a sheep.

Heck, have 2.

This really made me miss Doraleus.

TriGGeR_HaPPy:
I'm not sure about this so far, to be honest. The story was presented in a really quick but rather odd way, and kind of irked me a little.
I'm going to keep watching to see if it gets more interesting for me, though. ^_^

It's been a bit surprising seeing the people wanting more story in the pilot. We erred on the side of fighting and action, thinking that would drive people to want more. Slight miscalculation there.

It is a story driven series, and we will cover a lot of ground in season one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yay violence, we've been lacking this lately.

Oooh a 7! Awesome.

With more references to awesome board games and a little less boom mic involvement, this could be entertaining.

Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin?

I'm so glad these guys are still around. Burch family rules.

this video won me over with Catan.

That was enjoyable. But Anthony can save the world with his acting.

Overall pretty funny, with just the right amount of geek cred thrown in. The slow walk might have been a bit self-indulgent, but that's easily forgivable.

Not to compare it with something else but this could turn into the next Doomsday Arcade. Certainly shows potential.

Addinum: And I'm certain Yahtzee will sneak his way into the show at some point.

mikeyface:

TriGGeR_HaPPy:

It's been a bit surprising seeing the people wanting more story in the pilot. We erred on the side of fighting and action, thinking that would drive people to want more. Slight miscalculation there.

It is a story driven series, and we will cover a lot of ground in season one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Any time. :)
Like I said, I'm definitely going to keep watching to see how this series goes. Even with the irking (if it's not a word, it should be), I'm still at least a little excited to see how it progresses.

Thanks for the response, too. ^_^

(Forgive me if this response was a little off in any way. Due to a constant lack of sleep over the last month or so, I actually have a headache from tiredness. G'night.)

*cough* Show About Games Show should take notes *cough*

But yeah, what this guy said:

Daystar Clarion:
What the fuck did I just watch? And why was it cool?

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the psuedo-dubstep music in this video was way too distracting. I hope that's not a recurring theme for an otherwise awesome show so far.

you need at least three people to play catan.

morganpony2:
you need at least three people to play catan.

*tears rules sheet in half and throws it away*
What? No, of course not. Make roads, build cities, first to ten points wins.

Wait, so the guys over that Extra Credit mention you, and now you appear on this site.
Hmm... Something fishy is going on at this site >_> <_<

Anyway, this was pretty funny, though the action was a bit excessive for a joke we all knew was coming. Glad Anthony was freaked out and not apathetic. Starting to get tired of apathetic heroes.

Cool idea, nice execution, and I hope to see more from you guysWHERE ARE MY DAMN REV RANTS, DAMN IT?!!

EDIT: Oh crap! I totally forgot!
P.S. Nice acting, guys! And I don't mean that as a sarcastic "nice". The first startled line was a bit off and made me chuckle, but after that it was really good. Also the timing you two have is fantastic for spitting lines so casually. You must've worked hard on this to get that down so smooth. Great job and thanks for not using too much blood! Just the right amount to look real.

I wonder if Anthony's dad is gunna show up =P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or