Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Adam Jensen Profile

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Adam Jensen Profile

A little background on the player character Adam Jensen.

Watch Video

Great trailer, though all trailers look great. Has it got a solid realise date?

Looking great!, this is my third most anticipated game of the year, along with Guild Wars 2 and Brink.

A little backstory is always good, but i find the lipsync in the end to be a little off.

This seems like an interesting game. Any chance of a release date or demo?

Every Deus Ex trailer Ive seen has shown me a lot of action shots. You know, the one's where he's in cover and there's a whole room full of baddies shooting at him. Has me a little worried, because that's not what I loved about Deus Ex 1. I hope Warren Spector hasn't given up on the dream.

This game better not be another CoD clone.

And he doesn't look right with the sunglass thingy.
Sure JC looked awesome in sunglasses but Adam isn't
even wearing a real sunglass.

CINN4M0N:
Every Deus Ex trailer Ive seen has shown me a lot of action shots. You know, the one's where he's in cover and there's a whole room full of baddies shooting at him. Has me a little worried, because that's not what I loved about Deus Ex 1. I hope Warren Spector hasn't given up on the dream.

You don't have to worry about a thing. I just heard you punch door codes manually.

Yes, i am not shitting you. You even do it on the console.

Yes, it's true. You punch door codes. Manually.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal*

OK CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING COD CLONE.

I mean seriously because it has shooting its automatically going to be just a shooter? grow up already theres plenty of footage on the game already to prove that wrong.

and whilst it does look action oriented i don't really see that as a bad thing.

As a fan of Eidos and a liking of Square Enix I do think this game is going to be fantastic. In that video there was just a level of detail that could never turn this game into a flop. All Deus ex games involve shooting, people wanna see shooting, you'll see good pacifist bits later on. Relax gentlemen.

When is the next Hitman coming out ?

Looks good, though hearing the very Deus Ex sounding music at the start of the trailer was really enough for me.

I wouldn't worry too much about the combat really. After all remember the first game, with it's rocket launchers, flamethrowers and the like. All that's missing are the greasels....:)

bahumat42:

I mean seriously because it has shooting its automatically going to be just a shooter? grow up already theres plenty of footage on the game already to prove that wrong.

I'm wondering how people are even considering that this is a CoD clone, did they even watch any of the trailers?

Isn't this news-post kind of redundant?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107526-New-Deus-Ex-Trailer-Gives-Adam-Jensen-a-Rough-Ride

If I'm not mistaken it's the same trailer. That being said, good trailer.
I'm still kinda disappointed thinking "More Deus Ex material!" without getting any news.

Personally I don't mind if it turns out to be a shooter, but I would be far, far more happy with something FO:NV or ME2 esque. (Ability to use words instead of violence, and the power to tackle a task in several ways).

Deus Ex is one of my top ten favorite games. If they fuck it up again, I'm going to be really pissed.

so far everything ive seen from the game makes it look like it'll live up to the hype. the only thing im not convinced of is the constant switching between first and third person. to me it looks like it would be annoying for the earlier sections of the game until you get used to it

o i got tingles down my spine watching this. im going to take that as a good sign and not that im freezing in my room.

Huh, not impressed to be honest. The lip-sinking and graphics are poor which makes you wonder what the rest of the game will be like, especially as Square Enix have a talent in destroying good franchises.

TB_Infidel:
Huh, not impressed to be honest. The lip-sinking and graphics are poor which makes you wonder what the rest of the game will be like, especially as Square Enix have a talent in destroying good franchises.

I would be interested to hear what franchises they have destroyed? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious because I thought they had a pretty good track record.

OT: I'm excited to see how it is, it looks very promising. I'm not gonna over hype this for myself though. I remember getting bat shit excited about Alpha Protocol, which I still liked, I just worked myself up about it too much and it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was gonna be.

Well we all knew it was going to be a "we can rebuild him" setup...

It looks cool, can't wait to play it.

poiumty:

CINN4M0N:

You don't have to worry about a thing. I just heard you punch door codes manually.

Yes, i am not shitting you. You even do it on the console.

Yes, it's true. You punch door codes. Manually.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal*

AHH Geez! I always loved manually punched door codes, just so long as I can keep myself from looking on teh_interwebz.

You've all reassured me. Deus EX:Rev is going to blow everything that isn't Deus EX:Rev out of the water.

WaaghPowa:

bahumat42:

I'm wondering how people are even considering that this is a CoD clone, did they even watch any of the trailers?

No, they're just overly cynical, (like myself) and think ANY game with guns in it is automatically a CoD clone.

Anyways, if this game comes anywhere near the masterpiece that was the original it will be one of the best games ever made.

As for the trailer Adam doesn't seem that interesting or uninteresting, but the whole idea of mech-augs and the social and ethical views on them that is touched on a little more in this trailer could create the most brilliant example of morality and ethics ever seen in a game, if done properly.

All right chums, time's up, let's do this...
AAAADAAAAAAAAAM JEEEEEEENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

That could just be the vid upload

I find those trailers looking very... brown. With a bit of brownish yellow and brownish green thrown in. I mean, it's the only flaw I can really find, but it just makes the game seem so... dirty. It doesn't seem natural either. It's like they have a normal colour palette, and then put a strong brownish yellow filter over it. Why would they do that?

Valagetti:
Great trailer, though all trailers look great.

I beg to differ.

Baresark:
I would be interested to hear what franchises they have destroyed? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious because I thought they had a pretty good track record.

OT: I'm excited to see how it is, it looks very promising. I'm not gonna over hype this for myself though. I remember getting bat shit excited about Alpha Protocol, which I still liked, I just worked myself up about it too much and it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was gonna be.

Supreme Commander 2, the latest Final Fantasy, Kane and Lynch.

This had better live up to Deus Ex (1)'s legacy - Deus Ex 2 was just a let down, and I don't think I could forgive them for building up my hopes like that have so far again.

From what I've read and seen about Deus Ex 3, I think it's going to be great... though Adam still has a stupid beard thing on his chin.

TB_Infidel:

Baresark:

Supreme Commander 2, the latest Final Fantasy, Kane and Lynch.

To be fair, Deus Ex 2, whilst not exactly destroying the franchise, certainly crippled it to the point where the original devs had to abandon it. So, like, say, Interplay, I'm hoping for return to form ala "Fallout 3"

Accidental double post

Can we have good facial animation now? Please?

James Joseph Emerald:
I find those trailers looking very... brown. With a bit of brownish yellow and brownish green thrown in. I mean, it's the only flaw I can really find, but it just makes the game seem so... dirty. It doesn't seem natural either. It's like they have a normal colour palette, and then put a strong brownish yellow filter over it. Why would they do that?

I remember reading that they designers specifically used a yellow and black color scheme. Yellow to represent hope and advancement brought about by the advance of technology like human augmentation, and black to represent the evil and ethical problems of what was coming. Yellow and black together make a sort of brown, so that's probably how it can end up coming off.

TB_Infidel:

Its not the graphics that are too bad, its the animation. The characters all seem very wooden when they are interacting

uguito-93:
so far everything ive seen from the game makes it look like it'll live up to the hype. the only thing im not convinced of is the constant switching between first and third person. to me it looks like it would be annoying for the earlier sections of the game until you get used to it

This, everythings seems well made, from what I saw you actually have a lot of libery in choosing the way that you wnat to do the mission but I also noticed that almost everything is in third person although when just walking you are in first person. It doesnt make much sence and it ends up becoming annoying

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here