Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Old-School Disney Games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Everyone knows that there's just too many awesome old-school disney games to only mention 5, and everyone ought to know that the top fifteen would go exactly like this:
15. Little Mermaid (NES)
14. Darkwing Duck (NES)
13. Magical Quest (SNES)
12. Castle, Land and Legend of Illusion (Master System)
11. Duck Tales (NES)
10. Toy Story (PC)
9. Chip'n'Dale (NES)
8. Aladdin (SNES)
7. Quack Shot (Mega Drive)
6. Aladdin (Mega Drive)
5. Mickey Mania (Sega CD)
4. Lion King (Mega Drive)
3. Castle of Illusion (Mega Drive)
2. World of Illusion (Mega Drive)
1. Cold Shadow (PC/Mega Drive, but PC was the better one)

Still, good list and well presented. This the first time I've watched this show, but if the other videos are as nice as this then I got a new show to watch. Good job!

Oh, and the Kane and Lynch burn was hilarious.

I own both Aladdin (I think for the Genesis and I sucked at it) and Magical Quest(a lot of fun). It is nice to see games that I own on 'best of' sorts of lists.

I laughed at the cat being picked up.

I think I'm a little too old to appreciate the games on the 'disney level' but Chip N Dale Darkwing duck and more importantly Duck Tales were awesome games in their own right at the time.

When I saw the title of this weeks episode I figured I wouldn't have played any of the games that would be on the list...but when she mentioned Lion King and Aladdin for the SNES it all came rushing back to me
Aladdin was the first game I ever beat, so it's noteworthy at the very least in that respect

Aladdin & Darkwing Duck...

So nostalgia. Darkwing Duck was my all time fave on the early systems!

Wow, I had never heard of any of those games before this. What happened to N64 Tarzan, I remember playing that when I was a kid and loving it... or at least the branch sliding sections

Wheres duck tales it had one of the best songs ever

ahh lisa foiles one day you will be mine.... uhhh errr i mean pretty awesome nostalgia trip loved most of those games

Raghghghghghh say SNES like everyone else, don't spell it!

Otherwise fun list, I loved the way it reminded me of games I played as a kid that I'd totally forgotten about.

My only real old disney games were Mickey Mouses Dangerous Chase, which was an abomination for the gameboy, and Fantasia, which was an alright game for the Genesis. They have scarred me. For life.

My cousin gave my grandparents her old Master System when she was finished with it, and my grandpa used to play Pro Golf till 2 in the morning. He was night shift most of his working life, and old habits die hard. Anyway, Mickey's Castle of Illusion was my only respite from otherwise dull overnight stays. Good times.

-Nick

nostalgia... i grew up with lion king, for me it's the best! Aladin was awesome too, but since i suck at arcade games i couldn't finish any of them ;(

Totally expected the lion king. Great game!

Man, I remember those freaking giraffes from Lion King. I died so many times in that game! It was an awesome game, though; my favorite for a while.

The game I wish had been on the list, although it did get mentioned, was the Magic Kingdom one. I played that for ages as a kid - I loved it. (If you're wondering why I called it 'the Magic Kingdom one,' it's because I had no idea what the name was when I was a kid. Just WHERE it was.) Admittedly, it's probably one of the older games, and I can't disagree with it being left off more than just wishing there had been a video to reminisce over. :P

I prefer the Lion King over Aladdin personally. That was my first game ever, I got my gaming history off to such a good start.

The only two mentioned that I remember playing are Aladdin and Jungle Book (I'm sure I played some others but...).
I agree with both statements regarding the two. I could never beat the jungle book (that damn snake!)
I overplayed SNES Aladdin so much I could get every gem carpet one-up etc without dying or taking any damage!

I remember me and my friend playing Rescue Rangers, and there was this one boss on one of the later levels, it was some kind of catepillar....a bitch and a half to kill...and when my buddy finally killed him, he jumped up in excitement....and froze the NES...I think we quit playing the game after that....

Conclusion - Capcom rules. Definitely my favorite developer.
And also, hey! Jungle book for NES is much more mature and interesting then other game in the list. WTF?! Do you even tried it?

I loved the Kane and Lynch burn.

Great list, especially glad to see Chip n' Dale and Darkwing Duck. Let's face it, you could pretty much put any Capcom NES game on there. C n' D, Darkwing, both DuckTales games, Mickey Mousecapades, all fun.

Holy shit, Chip&Dale, Darwin Duck, and the Lion King....I totally forgot those games existed!
I was able to hear the faulty wiring in my brain when the long forgotten memories of those games began to emerge.

many neurons died in the process *Drool

Only played Lion King and Aladdin. Holy crap do I remember those being hard. The only way I could beat Aladdin was with that cheat, stupid level on the durn carpet!

Lets get dangeroussssss

O, my god. I played all of those when I was young!
And they where awesome.

I'm pretty sure they ported Aladdin and The Lion King to PC two or so years later.
But those controlled like arse so let's forget about those remakes.

And Lisa, you are way hot. Both physically and how you like games.
Don't worry, I live a few continents away :P

QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT. QUACKSHOT.

DO YOU GET THE POINT YET? WELL DO YOU??!!!

(Seriously... "Castle of Illusion" on the Genesis... SUCH an over-rated game. Quackshot was and still is the best Disney-themed game I've ever played.

Also, "Lion King" on the Genesis was not great. It was far too tough far too early, the number of lives was ridiculously small considering how easy it was to lose them, and the combat was really bad.)

Am I the only one who got reminded of this video when she said Chip n Dales?

She should totally do a top 5 list of classic LucasArts adventure games (or LucasFilm Games, rather, as it was before they changed their name). Sooo many good ones there.

Awesome video!!

Lion King was one of my favorite games for that system. I played it all the way through for like 20 different people over the years lol. It was so difficult they couldn't get through it but the game was so fun to watch.

Love lisa picking up her cat like Simba. My cat hates when I do that:)

I had The Little Mermaid on my Gameboy too! I was terrible! AND I had Darkwing Duck, too! I couldn't ever finish it :(

Who framed Roger Rabbit? is considered a classic? By whom? o_O Last time I checked, it is considered to be a piece of garbage.

Also, I find it funny how both The Lion King and Aladdin are often mentioned as being on the Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, while I played them both....on a PC. XD But then again, those two games were ported to many platforms (and Aladdin only had differences on those two), so I guess it is simpler to just mention those two.

Anyway, I remember both fondly, although I also remember both of them being hard as all hell.

Anyone notice that 3 1/2 of the titles were Capcom?

OH MY GOD! Lisa, I freaking love you for bringing up Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin and Duck Tales! I loved those shows as a kid!

Best Top 5 yet!

yay more lisa folies stuff :3

BURN!!!

I totally agree with the top 2!! As a girl gamer, those were the only games bought for me. Luckily, Disney made a few hits. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

The cat moment was hysterical...that is one big furball!!

^_^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or