Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Old-School Disney Games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Oops, double post! Sorry.

:) so many awesome childhood memories! I still have Chip and Dale around here somewhere with my NES. Great trip down Disney inspired memory lane Lisa.

DUDE!! She totally forgot about the greatest Mickey Game; Mickey Mania for the Genesis and SNES.

Solid gold. Start to finish. Laughed out loud twice. Nice work.

I let out a roar of approval when you said Aladdin for number 1. First SNES game I ever got and I ALWAYS enjoy the flying carpet level through the lava caves, even today.

I do give an easy shrug to the Jungle Book, as I actually enjoyed that game.

But great video this week!

You left out Duck Tales? Seriously? Come on!

If you're going to put The Lion King on a top 5 list, it really should be the MS-DOS version. I've compared five versions of the game (NES, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis/MegaDrive and MS-DOS), and the DOS version is definitely the best of the five. The DOS version has the highest graphics resolution, largest colour palette, and best quality audio in all areas. The only thing it lacks which is present in the console versions is the jukebox.

It is lacking in some features you would expect in a PC game, though. It doesn't save the control configuration, it doesn't ask for confirmation when you hit Escape, the menu feels like using a console game in an emulator, and there's no save-game feature, requiring you to finish the game in one sitting.

Yeah, okay, it's also hard as hell, but all versions of the game are equally difficult.

*Dustin' off my Genesis for some World of Illusion*

btw other then World of Illusion, Ducktales FTW - fantastic game.

Donald Ducks playground on the C64 beats all these games.

Seriously, no DuckTales? FOR SHAME LISA, FOR SHAME.

I think the Mega Drive had the superior Aladdin.

A 12 DOLLAR DISNEY PRETZEL?! Oh, if I ever get a job there, it'd be a public duty to stop those from ever being sold at such a ridiculous price.

hahahahaha michael kelso BURN!

really, disney games ?
haven't played any of them,
and I can't imagine any of them beeing good

though really, no word of Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2 ?
I mean, even though these games have their flaws (like, a million or so, man I could write a book about what's wrong with these games) they're still great games, and probably the best disney games ever.

Also, was it just me, or did this episode seem awfully short ?

Well this was my first episode of Top 5. And I am impressed.

To be completely honest I started watching simply because I thought, "Wow why is she SO pale."

And for the first two entries of the list I kept thinking, "TAN. TAN. TAN."

But it was pretty funny, and the last three titles listed were near perfect. (Except the mickey mouse game and Aladdin should have swapped spots. Seriously that game was AWESOME and difficult as all hell.)

But yeah.. Tan. Otherwise this show was totally awesome =0

Fruitloops89:
No Goof Troop? Any way favorite Top 5 so far, loved the old Capcom/Disney games on the NES and SNES(I didn't own a Genesis so I never got to play those games as a kid)

Still have my copy of Goof Troop with my SNES.

Surprisingly good game. :)

HAH Lisa is a couple a days older than me,,, and i though she was like 30 <.< >.> then again i look like 40, maybe i should shave my majestic beard??.. nah.

Anyways i remember the chip'n'dale game it was teh awesome!!

I remember playing The Lion King on SNES, and hating that game to no end, because of the stupid "Can't wait to be king" level.

WHEN DOES SIMBA RIDE AN OSTRICH IN THE MOVIE?!

Ahhh Alladin, gonna sway towards the mega drive version because it was the one i had as a kid, but the SNES one is really good.
Oh and castle of illusion was an evil game.

Falseprophet:
It's true, all those Capcom NES Disney games were basically sprite-swapped Mega Man games. But that's why they were all awesome.

But no love for DuckTales? For shame! That's the series that made CamelCase cool!

Agreed!

I reject this list on the grounds that it does not include Quackshot.

I can't be the only one who remembers this game.

that mickey mouse game is one of my all time favorites, thank you Lisa for reminding me.

oh, and quackshot was also a really awesome game. goof troop aswell *shrugs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYvDAPszIw

Okay i'll give you props for chip and dale but no Quack Shot?! No Duck Tales?! Instead you go with some of the most frustating and awful Disney games out there? Aladdin?!!! Christ Goof Troop was a better game.

Yes, Ducktales for NES, that is all.

frans909:

Never played ANY of the ones Lisa mentioned, but Donald Duck's Playground was a perennial favourite of mine. Work hard, work smart, buy cool stuff, (make change correctly!) and play with it.

Holy mackeral! Did a computer game teach me math, saving money, work ethics, and delay of gratification?

Don't forget the 3 storey slide! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thurston:

frans909:

Never played ANY of the ones Lisa mentioned, but Donald Duck's Playground was a perennial favourite of mine. Work hard, work smart, buy cool stuff, (make change correctly!) and play with it.

Holy mackeral! Did a computer game teach me math, saving money, work ethics, and delay of gratification?

Don't forget the 3 storey slide! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Zombie thread!!! :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or