Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Best Moments: <i>Monkey Island</i>

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Top 5 Best Moments: Monkey Island

The first ever "Best Moments" episode of Top 5! This time, Lisa examines the Top 5 best moments in her favorite series, Monkey Island.

Watch Video

Dam, this is one game I have always told my self I would play, but never got round to.
THATS IT in going to play it RIGHT NOW.

BTW who are the two men that keep appering in the videos?

Did you make a Lemon Demon reference at the beginning? I have only heard "gutter crawling cur" one other time. Also, you really didn't break the mold on the episode as you intended :)

Cat of Doom:
Dam, this is one game I have always told my self I would play, but never got round to.
THATS IT in going to play it RIGHT NOW.

I so second that, I got it a year ago and never played it!

Well that's my evening gone!

Technicality: Ron Gilbert helped design the Insult Sword Fighting, but it was Orson Scott Card who wrote the actual insults.

OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

I think I need a cold shower.

Pupazz:
OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

Not that we should base this series solely on the subjective attractiveness of its presenter...

...but it's not just you.

Wayne's World reference ftw!

Also, yes, you are a mighty booty pirate. ...wait what?

I'm only saying this because I just watched Movie Bob talk about Mystery Science Theater 3000, "Hey I think the princess' dough has risen."

phwoooaaarrrr just phwoooaarr

Pupazz:

no it isn't just you

I can't stand the Guybrush voice acting. It ruins it for me.

The originals were great fun. But I didn't like the top 5 moments Lisa selected.

Cept the fight in the Mayors house, that is one of the best scenes in gaming history.

That purple top looked smashing her..

Never played monkey Island... Maybe i should.. Considered it a good couple a times but never gotten around to it..

Well presonally I wish I could forget the end of Monkey Island 2. My personal favourite bit was the underwater holding breath bit. When I finally got it I was "OH COME ON!!!". But that's P&C adventure games for you...

Also, as we're all mentioning it, I too failed not to perve.

That shirt just isn't fair. You're being mean to your male viewers.

If Monkey Island is truly Lisa's favorite series, she muscled her way to the spot of 2nd most awesome person in the world.

I'm sorry Lisa, but clearly we shouldn't hang out due to the magnitude of our awesome-levels. The world would destroy itself in a spectacular display of light and fire, most likely backed by a bitchin' guitar solo.

Ha Buttmillion, I like that.

You didn't do a very good job of breaking your usual mold there. You didn't dance around or do the stand-up bit this time, but the tight clothes and kiss at the end were still very present.

I must find a clever way to insert "butt-million" into conversation, and soon!

I don't know why, but something about the shirt did something for me o.o dayum girl! (your own fault for pointing out the tight clothing)

and I can't think of anything PG13 rated to put here, so *blows kiss*

Dan Caligiuri:
You didn't do a very good job of breaking your usual mold there. You didn't dance around or do the stand-up bit this time, but the tight clothes and kiss at the end were still very present.

I was just about to say this. But how else is she going to pander to the audience? :P

I joke, but I still watch the show, it's good and lisa should keep it up, strange how it gets way more views than "I hit it with my axe" ever did.

Lisa + Monkey Island + Waynes World Reference + Insult sword fighting = Best thing on The Escapist.

Just a random note, what was that footage RIGHT at the very end of the montage? That's no MI game I've ever played! It was pseudo 3D!

(Because I can't fight the instinct to say stupid things) On a scale from one-to-ten, Lisa's a Buttmillion!

Anyway, guess this is another reason to finally get around to playing the Monkey Island games

Pupazz:

Yes, yes she does.
God damnit..

Sadly I couldn't really relate to the top five.. But it was pleasing to the eye.

I'd say ' A pirate I was meant to be ' is my favorite scene.

And to jump on the bandwagon, I too noticed that oh-so-tight clothing. Don't worry, boys, not just *your* heart started beating a little faster.

Guilty.

Lisa can we hang out some time?
Also loved it. I need to play monkey island now.

The- i- that...

I can't say anything without sounding seedy, so...

I love those games =D

Pointing out the mold was pretty good, but Joel's insult made me lose my shit.

I really do need to play these. I stopped computer gaming with king's Quest 5 (Yes, yes, I'm old) and didn't resume until Dungeon Keeper.

On a side note, Lisa really is beautiful. I wish she'd embrace her inner brunettitude.

ouh i love monkey isla......hot chick...wait, wait what was the video about again?

That shirt was deadly... Damn you Lisa!

:3

Great episode for a great series.

You're a GREAT addition to this site Lisa. I have a feeling we're about the same age (with all the games you're into and references you make), and it's really nice to have someone with the same tastes and sense of humor to watch while I'm bored at work. :)

The Wayne's World reference was awesome.

Awesome episode and I haven't even played either game.

Best intro to date. I think censored swearing is insanely funnier than actual swearing. I'm not sure why. Also, I can't find fault with your list. Very nicely-done. I think I'm officially a fan of this series.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here