Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Best Moments: <i>Monkey Island</i>

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

crudus:
Did you make a Lemon Demon reference at the beginning? I have only heard "gutter crawling cur" one other time. Also, you really didn't break the mold on the episode as you intended :)

Actually Lemon Demon referenced Monkey Island.
"This is the end for you, you gutter crawling cur!" is one of the lines they use in the insult sword fighting and so Lemon Demon used it in Knife Fight. Actually I think Lemon Demon uses a few lines from Monkey Island throughout the song.
but anyways she was referencing Monkey Island, and as was Lemon Demon

I appreciate her self awareness.

Yeah? Well, I'm just mighty irate!

...Um...I think I lost the context.

She gets so much awesome cool points for meeting BBMac! I am jealous! I loved them. And I miss them.

Anyway, I've never played Monkey Island but I'm curious about it now.

Nice show as always. Funny too.

Sigh. When I tried to have a sword fight with my friends, they just made fun of me for being childish...

Sigh. When I tried to have a sword fight with my friends, they just made fun of me for being childish...

Cat of Doom:

BTW who are the two men that keep appering in the videos?

They're from her you-tube show... everyday achievements or something... their something like her roommates.

500 Days of Summer?
Waynes World references after "Dream Sequences!"?
Rants?
Basically this whole episode? Awesome, Lisa. You're brilliant. Keep up the good work. :D

I never played Monkey Island, and I don't care. But I'll watch Lisa's videos any day!

Lisa=Goddess of Videogames :D

xplay3r:

crudus:
Did you make a Lemon Demon reference at the beginning? I have only heard "gutter crawling cur" one other time. Also, you really didn't break the mold on the episode as you intended :)

Actually Lemon Demon referenced Monkey Island.
"This is the end for you, you gutter crawling cur!" is one of the lines they use in the insult sword fighting and so Lemon Demon used it in Knife Fight. Actually I think Lemon Demon uses a few lines from Monkey Island throughout the song.
but anyways she was referencing Monkey Island, and as was Lemon Demon

I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure as I have never played Monkey island. Therefore I asked and had to wait 140 posts to get an answer. Thank you

Snowalker:

Cat of Doom:

They're from her you-tube show... everyday achievements or something... their something like her roommates.

She has a youtube show?

Ah sorry i missed it, your pirate shirt was too awesome!

crudus:

Snowalker:

Cat of Doom:

She has a youtube show?

She's stopped posting videos for it but yeah.

I was affronted that there was no mention of THE MACHINE... then I saw it in the montage and was less angry...
also yes, Ms Foiles is somewhat attractive but that is no reason for perverse letching

Monkey Island is a series that I have just never gotten around to playing. Though, after everything that I hear about them and their practically legendary status amongst adventure games- I've decided to make the Monkey Island games my next purchase, whenever I need or can afford a new game.

Wow, i dident know so many watched it, entirely out of attraction to Lisa.

OT: good episode, and it made me really want to play monkey island!

magnuslion:

Perhaps we can settle on a tie, between Felicia and Lisa?

speaking of tight shirts... never mind hahaha

o.o <--my face while staring at that shirt the weirdness of Monkey Island...srsly? lol

Mechsoap:

magnuslion:

Perhaps we can settle on a tie, between Felicia and Lisa?

you make a good point, sir :D dual goddesses it is then!!

BlueInkAlchemist:

Pupazz:
OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

I think I need a cold shower.

Not that we should base this series solely on the subjective attractiveness of its presenter...

...but it's not just you.

i think she's just wearing a distractingly tight shirt today, =__=

also, i love her facial expression in the beginning when the guy was giving his insult, xD

Zer_:
That shirt was deadly... Damn you Lisa!

:3

Great episode for a great series.

Seconded, or thidred, or whatever. Most people have already said something along these lines.

[deleted]

Something something something purple shirt something something...

Never played MI but now i feel i have to, looks pretty funny

Lisa, you just went up 10 awesome points in my book. I LOVE Monkey Island, probably to a very unhealthy degree. One of the first video games that I ever really liked, it will always hold a special place in my heart. Great episode. And I'm so very glad to see you rocking the pigtail look again - you can ride that look to the moon, girl!

Yay! The Bones dance made the list. That's the number one thing I remember from those games. Close second is learning what a "monkey wrench" is IRL after being confused by the game.

I'm apparently the only viewer not distracted by your outfit. So it's official: I'm not gay.
Glad we got that sorted out.

Pupazz:
OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

I second that emotion.

Love the MI series but the first two will always be the best, it;s awesoem the Lisa is into games liek that, it;s the sort of retro games i'm into. Lisa is hilarious and rocks, keep making your videos Lisa and i'll keep watching.

So... usually you wear tight clothing, tell bad jokes, act like a maniac, and blow a kiss at the end.

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

This time you only wore tight clothing, told bad jokes, acted like a maniac, and blew a kiss at the end.

Wait, what?

rileyrulesu:
So... usually you wear tight clothing, tell bad jokes, act like a maniac, and blow a kiss at the end.

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

This time you only wore tight clothing, told bad jokes, acted like a maniac, and blew a kiss at the end.

Wait, what?

exactly what I thought. its also intriguing that a lot of you have commented on the fact you'd only date girls who could hold a conversation. then suddenly omg boobies once Lisa jumps in with a tight tee. I'm not saying Lisa can't hold a conversation, I'm just saying a few of you have a kind of kryptonite effect when exposed to chests of a larger caliber.

tbh. I thought the dress from the ridiculous vehicles episode looked better. polka dots ftw 8D

OT: great episode, great memories and now I'm off to play some more monkey island. YAY!

Why was there no trademark at the end of Mighty Pirate? Maybe they just did that only in the Telltale episode Monkey Island games... Can't remember...

woah, lisa became the sex symbol of the escapist?
i rememeber her from her all that days and she was hilarious
top 5 is a intresting concept, lets see how far it can go before lisa sues someone for sexual harresment

Meh. I'm still not impressed with this series yet. Throwing a chick in skimpy clothing doesn't make her naturally funny or charming, and I always feel semi insulted by it.

She is hot and wears a tight top - thats all need. Ok the start was funny when she was getting sworn at. lol. But everything else was dumb, as always - top 5 retarded stuff of the not interested. But atleast she is eye candy, which i guess is how she got the job. Judging by all her weekly videos, she didnt get the job for being brainy and interesting as her videos are mediocre.

Pupazz:

No, she's just as pretty as she was in the first one.

Oh Lisa, if he won't marry you, I will ;)

Pupazz:

Fun fact: Lisa Foiles is one of only a handful of women to give me goosebumps simply from how gorgeous she looks. Not that the actual content of her show doesn't stand on its own, but it's still a huge plus. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here