Creature Caster Masters: It Begins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Onyx Oblivion:
*pauses video every ten seconds to read item descriptions*

Yeah. I like it.

YAY, I'm not the only insane human on the escapist :'-)

no one really:

Onyx Oblivion:
*pauses video every ten seconds to read item descriptions*

Yeah. I like it.

YAY, I'm not the only insane human on the escapist :'-)

I end up excessively pausing most of Moviebob and the occasional ZP, too.

I think I've seen this before. Pretty sure this was in those entrants to win a spot on the Escapist. Anyways, nice it finally made it. Pretty funny =).

How many new shows are there now? The Escapist is really pulling their weight. Good for you haha.

He sound like ShadyVox. Don't know if it is him because I don't remember his real name.
Also, look at 2:24. When he selects his bike, sandwich is now spelled "sandwhich."

Edit: It is him. Oh my god! That's awesome.

hittite:

PumpItUp:
The voice actor sound really familiar.

Waffle iron joke = Awesome.

Yeah, he does the voice of Jaden for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged, and some other stuff I think.

Wish there were more GX abridged on the way :3

Liked it first time round back when it was an entry, still really funny (Hadn't noticed all the descriptions first time round, Hilerious!). If this level of quality (and barage of well timed jokes and references) can be maintained then i look forward to the rest of the series very much = )

So long as they never acquire motorcycles, this should be okay.

Eh, it's no Doraleous, but I see the potential, oh yes.

I really like this, but I really want you to clean up your walking animations. The one at the end of this episode was dodgey. It made the common mistake of having one foot move forward with it's matching hand. If you were to take a few steps forward, taking note of your movements, you'd probably notice that as you step forward with your (let's say left) foot, your left hand doesn't move forward with it. It moves back and it's actually your right hand that moves forward. You see, the feet move with their opposite hand, or vice versa.

I hope you get what I'm saying there and I hope you can fix up the walk animation. The rest of it was really good. Good voice acting, amusing script, etc.

Very good way to lampoon videogames and potentially anime, also as everyone else said the waffle-iron joke was funny. I do hope this series goes somewhere you get my seal of approval.

It's quite funny, but I can see container/inventory jokes getting old if they keep getting used

unacomn:
Wait, the main character is a guy? Did not see that coming, seriously, up until he started talking I thought he was a girl.

Me too! No offense to the series. I like it so far.

unacomn:
Wait, the main character is a guy? Did not see that coming, seriously, up until he started talking I thought he was a girl.

You weren't the only one.

The explosion part had me laughing.

unacomn:

Lol. You really need a better grasp of Japanese style. (this isn't japanese, but it is a parody of several well known Japanese games/cartoons so...)

If you thought this guy looked like a girl, you really haven't seen anything. This is a pretty masculine kid by japanese standards. XD.

(You get a sense for these things after a while; Although then you also start to notice that some characters are deliberately confusing.
But, when the intent isn't to cause confusion, the key point is that while the guys might look feminine, comparisons to actual female characters show quite noticeable differences.
Besides; I saw a clip of a korean boy band, and these were real people; and every bit as bad as all the anime 'feminine' guys. So, in some ways the animation just follows real life.)

Anyway, I was wondering when this series would show up, since the other competition winners were starting to.

The 'master ball' waffle maker is subtle but funny.

As mentioned waffle iron, bike and trainer jokes were all pretty lulzy. Same with the explosion, cause you never really think about it until it happens.

Looking forward to the next ep, keep up the good stuff.

Well, THIS was a pleasant surprise! Hope it lasts!

Not bad, not bad at all. Just don't do that thing where the characters half whispering to each other is half the episode and 95% of the jokes like in D&A, that gets old.

Pots: Not what you think it is.
Wine Glass: Why do you even have this?

I think I'm already a fan. Hopefully the quality will remain the same.

A parody on the sheer amount of oddness in Pokémon, YuGiOh, etc.? If done right it could make a good show.
Also, I really want one of those hammerspace bags...

Glad to see Shadyvox in The Escapist.

For those who don't know Shadyvox is an internet voice actor that has done several things the youtube series Yu-gi-Oh GX and Digimon Abridged, as well as some songs like the Yu-gi-Oh rap battle and Jaden's rap, along with voice overs on other songs.

He also shows up regularly on a (hilarious,imo) weekly podcast called Wha-Chow.

For the show itself I enjoyed it. Not a big hitter for a first episode, but it's because I think the animation and the sounds still feel a little stiff. Specially with Tun-Tun. The jokes and the way they're presented feel clever though. So yeah, another show I'll watch regularly.

well it was alright but i would like to see gamedogs come back...as well as that whole last episode being noncanon or something.

meh... i had no idea what it was about when I clicked on it.
it's pretty average pokemon parody stuff... nothing we haven't seen before.
Pokemon jokes aren't that relevant anymore... could have been more original.
Yup, I guess I won't get the badge for watching this 5 times!
But I also guess, I may not got all the jokes cause I don't know much about that universe.

Has a few good jokes, but its got terrible pacing. I can see the kinks getting worked out as the show goes on though, so I'll probably keep watching for at least a few more weeks.

Stabby Joe:
How many new shows are there now? The Escapist is really pulling their weight. Good for you haha.

Should still be at least one more to come!

omg the pokeball waffle iron joke was amazing. summed up for I feel trying to catch legendaries perfectly.

This was pretty funny. Does that mean we'll be seeing the other show from the film contest as well? Because that was actually my favorite.

wait. the main character is a dude? I was really hoping it would be a chick. that would have been crazy original...

I did not enjoy this a bit... Especially not the animation... I guess I'm not the target audience then.

i expected great things from the title
and to my surprise it really delivered :)

can't wait for the next episodes
this could be as big as sir schmoopy

hittite:

PumpItUp:
The voice actor sound really familiar.

Waffle iron joke = Awesome.

Yeah, he does the voice of Jaden for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged, and some other stuff I think.

i did not even know about this video with jaden vs yugi. i never knew the abbriged guys did this. thanks. Anyhow this show is pretty intersting. i look forward to more and their parodies on zubats or even worse the...u know what nothing is worse than zubat caves. Okay second worse i look forward to tentecool jokes

Suprisingly good.

Loved this when I saw it during the film festival and I love it still now :D

Well done guys, you definitely deserved to be one of the winners of the Film Festival and I forsee great things from you as a series.
Remember, "You've gotta save the princess to play the card games to catch 'em all!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here