Creature Caster Masters: It Begins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I am very glad this show won, welcome to the Escapist toon toon!

This defied all my expectations by being mildly humourous. I always noted how rarely Explosion was used in Pokemon, and what would happen if something that wasn't MADE OUT OF STONE tried to use it.

So this is the new series? Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh knock off jokes with crappy flash animation? I worry about the writers here.

Lemme know when Yatzee does his obligatory cameo.

And before you guys go off defending it, my problem is only one thing. It's unoriginal. Yes, so was Doraleous and Associates, and I didn't watch it either. Why make rip off stories when original ones are so easy to make. Here's a few:
o Kids from the future play a VR game of the past, which is to say our time, scoring experience points for going to work and navigating traffic, with the quiet one in RL doing all the GTA side quests in game.
o Flinstonesque cavemen attempt to invent a new form of entertainment making a different classic video game with primative tools and creatures in every episode.
o Space pirates NPCs in a TRON like video game. Each planet or space port they land at pokes fun at a different video game trope, like they're browsing someone's MAME directory.

I could keep going.

That! ....that was wonderful.

The jokes were good, but the animation makes it look like a poorly done Newgrounds series :/

It was awesome. Super funny.

Poor Tun-tun X3

I like this, I`ll try to watch it every Friday =3.

This was pretty good to say the least and I thought the waffle iron part was just humorous.

Thanks for all the awesome comments, trust me this series will stay strong.

I enjoyed his hair.

hmmm, not a point in it's favor that I felt embaraced just watching opening, but really, it was funny. Decent show so far, I'll watch the next few for sure.

OMG it's SHADYVOX!

Sorry for low content post. I just did not expect him to show up here.

Increase the animation pace and this is an instant classic. Man, all these great shows popping up on the escapist is a real gem. About time someone did some poking at the stereotypical kid-with-monster franchises.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys! Glad a lot of people seem to be enjoying it, and to those that didn't (and actually gave feedback), I'll be sure to keep your criticisms in mind as I continue producing episodes.

PumpItUp:
The voice actor sound really familiar.

Waffle iron joke = Awesome.

Ever watch Yu-gi-oh GX: abridged? It's a guy called ShadyVox.

My fav from the last Escapist movie competition thing!
Too bad it wasn't a new episode :(

horrible slow pacing for a few small chuckles... not worth watching at this point.

I thought it was boring, unfunny, and poorly animated (that may have been the point but it is still bad).

Intelligent humor, I like it. Clean up the pacing/timing just a LITTLE bit and you're spot on. I will definitely be back for episode 2.

Ironic Pirate:
Does Tun-Tun sound like Drak to anyone else?

Yes. Yes it does.

This was quite enjoyable - I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes us.

Museli:

Ironic Pirate:
Does Tun-Tun sound like Drak to anyone else?

Yes. Yes it does.

This was quite enjoyable - I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes us.

I wasn't actually going for that, but now that i think about it we do sound peculiarly similar to him. I has all the spoilers :D, so hard to hold back.

What. WHAT.

I am sorry, but WHAT.

This is just so weird and random, but it was bound to happen eventually... Card games combining with Pokemon. It's good, and I look forward to more.

It wasnt bad... but im still missing Doraleous and Associates... :| anyone know when it is/if it is returning to the Escapist?

7 ukuleles.. I guess you never know xD Love this, had me laughing all the way through!

I hate to say finally but that's only because I so wanted this.

Funny, I suppose? O.o I reckon this isn't my type of humor.

I loved it! Pokemon was pretty much my entire childhood, so this is both funny AND nostalgic at the same time XD

Loved the description for potatoes, by the way. I just hope the damn song doesn't get stuck in my head now...

Not bad... but better with ketchup.

ahaaa.... this made me happy, especially the trainer sight joke.

moar gore.

omg I wasn't laughing until explosion happened and I totally lost it.

This is gonna be a fun new addition. :) Some great jokes. Looking forward to seeing more! Welcome to The Escapist!

cymonsgames:
So this is the new series? Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh knock off jokes with crappy flash animation? I worry about the writers here.

Lemme know when Yatzee does his obligatory cameo.

And before you guys go off defending it, my problem is only one thing. It's unoriginal. Yes, so was Doraleous and Associates, and I didn't watch it either. Why make rip off stories when original ones are so easy to make. Here's a few:
o Kids from the future play a VR game of the past, which is to say our time, scoring experience points for going to work and navigating traffic, with the quiet one in RL doing all the GTA side quests in game.
o Flinstonesque cavemen attempt to invent a new form of entertainment making a different classic video game with primative tools and creatures in every episode.
o Space pirates NPCs in a TRON like video game. Each planet or space port they land at pokes fun at a different video game trope, like they're browsing someone's MAME directory.

I could keep going.

Then stop complaining and make one? Learn to use an animation program, write up some scripts, either voice-act them yourself or find friends who can, and enter it to the Escapist?

Personally, I like your first idea, I'd watch it.

As for the show that is actually on the site, I am enjoying it. I was a little worried it would be a bit too slow paced, but it made enough jokes and at the right time for me to be interested.
I shall watch

I love a good Poke-parody. For instance I love Super Effective, despite it being pretty hit-or-miss. This was great; can't wait to watch this series progress.

Hrm... I'd say this parody has potential...

What was even more unexpected than this series was how much it made me laugh.

Nice.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 40657)