Daily Drop: Xbox 360

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I have never been so weirdly happy as when the back of that case finally peeled off. :)

So this is why you guys can't make ENN every week, because you are too busy breaking something some poor kid would love to have instead?

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!
Say, why no crowbar, just to be sure to piss them off even more?

i agree needs crowbar

I know it's all pretaped, but you guys should have done the original Xbox, that thing is indestructible. Also you should have crowbar'd the 360's power brick. I opened mine up once and the thing has a really weird, complex-for-what-it-is plastic convection cooling system

Also, this is clearly an older model of the 360, as is evidenced by the lack of an HDMI port. I'm glad they didn't waste a hard drive, those things are still outrageously expensive.

That just calls for a crowbar, also... kill it with fire!!!

What? They are killing it anyway so why not be thorough.

This needed a crowbar.

teh_Canape:

AssassinJoe:
Why?....Why?....WHY COULDN'T IT BE A PS3?

because it would have broken the floor

that^^

so no ps3 next time huh
yay for that?

Draconalis:

AssassinJoe:

Cause the PS3 is so solid it probably would have cracked the floor.

Also, cause I suspect it was a dead x-box, and PS3's didn't piss on themselves and die.

Mine did! xP

Anyways, the sound of that hitting the floor made me cringe. Technology shouldn't be abused like that.

EDIT: Yes I do know it was broken, but still.

I love how many times you dropped it, I wanted so bad to see something happen to it but it proves that in the future we will be using xbox 360s as the bricks in the foundations of our skyscraper homes.

I have an Xbox 360, watching this made my soul agonize in pain... I know it was already broken but still, makes me imagine that happening to mine.

Some one break out the picture of the Hindenburg replaced by a manatee....
it seems.....appropriate.

I did the exact same thign with my E74... but with a hammer

Pugiron:
So this is why you guys can't make ENN every week, because you are too busy breaking something some poor kid would love to have instead?

Read the description. It was broken and out of warranty.
And we'd love to make more ENN, we don't control the schedule.

Thanks though, that was a super helpful response.

I just had my plan for revenge on my Xbox 360 shown to me IN SLOW MOTION and it looked pretty awesome. I have wondered what was under that white shell of my 360. Too bad we couldn't see the crowbar pulled into this.

teh_Canape:

AssassinJoe:

because it would have broken the floor

That would be really something, though. I will keep my fingers crossed for a next Daily Drop!

AssassinJoe:

Because you can just throw junk around all you want, but important useful things should be treated with repsect. XD That... and those things are massive and would take a ten minute show.

OT: Does this remind anyone of the G4 X-play episode where they did this with the Original Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube? the video has already been put up if it did, but I'll see if I can find it and put it up incase you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Side note, holy hell, that vid is old. Just look at the set, the range of jokes they could do, and the G4 logo istelf. It still has the Tech Tv logo.

And my Snes STILL WORKS ^-^

Hey, on the second drop it almost did a 360. Is that ironic?

RougeWaveform:
Wow this really shows how flimsy modern consoles are. I've dropped my NES a couple time (mostly unintentionally) that thing doesn't looked damaged at all.

Still This drop was awesome.

Try dropping it from 3 metres? =P

That plastic is quite rubbery .. took a whole 5 falls to get off :)

Was that Matt's Xbox? No more red ring prop. :(

Makes me feel a lot better about my two 360's that red-ringed while out of warranty.
Feels good man.

I got got me one-er-them newfangled models now.
But I swear, if it dies on me, Microsoft will never again see my money.

Does this mean the PS3 will be next?

"What rich* people do when they're bored - the series"

*first world

Pfft, PS3s drop way better.

Who else thinks they should shoot stuff in front of this camera?

I wanted to see the crowbar... Why do you always leave the crowbar unused? If you're worried about it going stale, then how about using chainsaw to cut a piece of meat or jello or something? I know it's a daily drop but variety is what makes life interesting!

cairocat:
Who else thinks they should shoot stuff in front of this camera?

Thumbs up for this

Drop a Wii next.

Why so stingy with the crowbar? Do you need an excuse? BREAK THINGS there, there's your excuse now Gordon Freeman that shit!!

TheTygerfire:

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!

Oh no....they dropped a broken console on the ground....this hurts me emotionally somehow?

I'm not an MS fanboy but...what are fanboys supposed to be upset about in this video?

Were rockfish fanboys up in arms about yesterday?

It...it cut me deep, man. To see one of my heroes...maltreated like that

*Sobs in corner*

squid5580:

Vanbael:
To those who are crying that they are breaking a 360, read the description.

When an XBox is out of warranty with an E74 error, it can only serve one purpose.

I was begging for the crowbar on that one, but I'm glad that you did it over and over again. You guys should try a Game Cube, just for the challenge.

X-play already did with all 3 last gen consoles. Gamecube is indestructible lol.

Too bad you used an already broken one. I would have liked to see if it still worked after the first drop

Some guy found a perfectly good Gamecube outside his work the only problem was the lid didn't close properly but it still worked, when he turned it on the date was some time in 215X. The Gamecube is tough enough to survive trips from the far future.

One question. Worth it? ^^

Judging by the 4 takes and the "wooohooo" on the 2nd, you guys are PC fans ain't ya? :D

*looks around, subtly nods with a smile and executes a super secret handshake with a mouse in hand*

RougeWaveform:
Wow this really shows how flimsy modern consoles are. I've dropped my NES a couple time (mostly unintentionally) that thing doesn't looked damaged at all.

Still This drop was awesome.

To be fair, did you ever drop your NES from over your head at the top of a tall ladder on a bare concrete floor? Four times, no less?

I must've blinked and missed the crowbar

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or