Daily Drop: Xbox 360

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!
Say, why no crowbar, just to be sure to piss them off even more?

Your response proves your more of a fanboy then anyone, because I'm a xbox fanboy and i don't give 2 shits. I can't believe that mattered to you that much. Way to be a pc(and or sony) tool

OT: I imagine all the other people want wii's ps3's and pc's dropped now. Don't know, not going to check, so this is going to get expensive XP.

jakefongloo:

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!

Your response proves your more of a fanboy then anyone, because I'm a xbox fanboy and i don't give 2 shits. I can't believe that mattered to you that much. Way to be a pc(and or sony) tool

OT: I imagine all the other people want wii's ps3's and pc's dropped now. Don't know, not going to check, so this is going to get expensive XP.

Uhm, that makes no sense. If you want to bitch at somebody, at least try to make some sort of coherent statement.

So that is how you get the faceplate off.....

Yaxley:
Given how heavy the 360 is, it's not really surprising that all the plastic and loose parts broke off. The innards seem pretty solid though.

Thank you for this comment, you totally made my day so much better. I can't stop smiling!

I have to go smash mine now.

Should drop an original Xbox just to compare the two.

Made me cringe. But by the gods, was that box waiting for a crowbar and a large angry man...

They wouldn't fix that thing for you? My 360 was out of warranty when I get the E74, and even though the lady on the phone said it would cost $100 to fix, I was able to get a free shipping label online. I sent it in, it came back fixed, and I was never billed. Poor, poor 360.

And by "poor," I mean "poorly constructed." Obviously. ;-)

Eheheh, that was fun... shame all those drops only got through the outer plastic casing, tough bastard... not tough enough though, I'd bed the innards are a little too rattled now for it to be of any use without extensive repairs... shame we didn't get the crowbar in on the action, that might actually have messed up the metal inner-shell...

Unacceptable! 4 drops and no crowbar? It's an x-box, you will never drop something that expensive again, and you have to know that at the very least 1/3 of the people who watch this show only watch it on the off chance you'll crowbar something.

Why Daily Drop crew? Why?

jakefongloo:
...OT: I imagine all the other people want wii's ps3's and pc's dropped now. ...

Edit: Actually, a full-tower ATX (filled, and not just the shell) PC dropped would either be very entertaining, or very dull. Mobo components aren't exactly easy to pop off, and several screws would have to be sheared off before anything would fly out.

Then again, a bricked, past-warranty x-box is a lot cheaper to drop than an entirely fixable PC. Too bad.

So waiting for crowbar... :( Next time drop the PoS on the Micro$uck Games Department... And then hit the mess with a crowbar. XD

Paul, drop one of your PS3s next. You'll still have 2 left.

Also, no crowbar? I am disappoint.

drop a toilet!

that was...*snif*...beautiful!!!

Give it the Crowbar™ next time!

Also, drop a PS3 and a Wii!

(PC foreva!)

This was harder to watch than the stupid fish. Every time I thought it was over I kept seeing, "Once More" rest in peace you piece of junk.

LoL...just LoL. I would love to see a 60GB PS3 hit the floor; but you might want to put down a steel plate to protect the concrete.

Loved this one, smashing expensive things is fun. More worth in the work ya know.
Now lets all grab our crowbars and raise them in triumph of a successful smash!

No drop could break through that metal chasis. The components inside'll be shaken up - possibly even smashed - but it's like dropping a hammer.

No crowbar ? I am slightly disappointed.

A RRoD'd Xbox is very easy to fix. This video demonstrates the proper technique:

It would sill run

Good. Goooood. This is pleasing to me. Now drop a PS3, Wii, and PC that have all broken down. I want to see them all break!!

Now this is what I call a drop.

But couldn't you have hit it at least once with the crowbar ?
Just to satisfy the Half Life fans ?

AssassinJoe:
Why?....Why?....WHY COULDN'T IT BE A PS3?

Because Sony would have sued them for attempting to "crack" the PS3's physical security?

Loved it even if it made me cringe a bit. mine had a E74 out of warranty, luckily got it fixed locally for £55 w/ a new cooling fan thrown in.

I think that there were two issues that needed to be exploited here - a special edition of Daily Drop, where the XBox is actually tested sans the plastic wrapper, which seemed to be the only thing damaged. Does it still function, as it looked like a possibility, following 4 trips to concrete hell.

Failing that, the general consensus is that we should hit it with the crowbar. Lots. You could get 10 minutes out of this, which would be great.

Crappy console becoming even more crappy. Worth commenting on. Awesome vidya.

Crappy console becoming even more crappy. Worth commenting on. Awesome vidya.

E74 can be fixed, warranty or not, just saying.
This show is weird, like the music though.

Needs more crowbar...

Surprised the sonic welding stood up as long as it did. (Is it sonic welding?)

The Xbox 360. A resistant beast to the end.

I still think it was a waste of an xbox. Coulda been repaired ya know?

*picks up own Xbox 360* *cuddles*

PS: I just love all the machine-worshippers. "I waste everything every day, but please not thiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!1111" :D

When I first saw this, I was all like: OH YOU BASTARDS, WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?! But then I saw the "E74 error", and was kinda relived, but I think it could be saved '~'

razerdoh:
damn... give it to me instead...

Il rather use a Sledge hammer :)

teh_Canape:

AssassinJoe:
Why?....Why?....WHY COULDN'T IT BE A PS3?

because it would have broken the floor

Hell yea xD

Matt King:

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!

because this proves that the xbox is better, even when it's broken it's still more fun than a ps3 >:D

Really? You're going to start up that debate here too? Both consoles are just as good as one another apart from the exclusives. What makes the Xbox 360 superior to the Play Station 3, please tell me, I would like to know.

I would have liked it if the crow bar was used, I mean it still survived and they kept saying "Once More" Shouldn't Once More only mean one more time, not 5 more times xD

thethingthatlurks:

jakefongloo:

thethingthatlurks:
HA! Eat it fanboys!

Uhm, that makes no sense. If you want to bitch at somebody, at least try to make some sort of coherent statement.

It makes perfect sense to me. Although you may or may not be a fan boy, when he said "I can't believe that mattered to you that much" I found it to be perfectly coherent. I guess he was also assuming that you were a PC fan boy because you were saying "Ha! Eat it fan boys!" to Xbox lovers. Also just one thing, what is seriously so bad about being a fan boy, it just means (in this context) that you are dedicated to a certain game/console/format.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here