Trailers: Battlefield 3 Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battlefield 3 Teaser

Watch a helicopter explode in this teaser for Battlefield 3.

Watch Video

Wasn't this already posted today? I'm confused.

Anyway... BF3... the next FPS I buy.

I barely played BF:BC2 - what's going to set BF3 ahead of the crowd? What's going to be different to CoD or MoH? More vehicles? Again?! Feh, I'll upgrade for Crysis 2 and just single player it, probably. Though I should play Dead Space 2 and Amnesia first - I've bought them both, after all XD

I know it's meant to be a teaser trailer, but come on. If it wasn't for the title at the end that could be any FPS. I'll reserve my opinion until I see some gameplay.

Calcium:
I know it's meant to be a teaser trailer, but come on. If it wasn't for the title at the end that could be any FPS. I'll reserve my opinion until I see some gameplay.

agreed. actually, scratch that, i'll reserve my opinion for when i play it. because BC2 looked great. but played like shit.

Gogdang, I literally just bought BFBC2. It didn't even finish downloading.

Also, unless the game will consist entirely of blurry images over a thumping techno soundtrack, this was a lame trailer.

Glee...!

I just hope it's more in tune with Battlefield 2 than BF:BC2 otherwise I'm done with the franchise.

you know i hated Dice for ruining BF:BC2's single player mode in BF: BC1 the story and NPCs where hilarious (don't know about the multiplayer), in BF: BC 2 the signal player story and NPCs where horrible as did the multiplayer (compared to other FPSs)

so if they don't bring back the funny NPCs and fix the multiplayer i wont touch the damn thing, regardless of gameplay footage

The Random One:
Gogdang, I literally just bought BFBC2. It didn't even finish downloading.

Also, unless the game will consist entirely of blurry images over a thumping techno soundtrack, this was a lame trailer.

Yeah, Skyrim's trailer is lame too because it's just an old guy talking over a nordic background. TES games are nothing like a narration!

Wicky_42:
I barely played BF:BC2 - what's going to set BF3 ahead of the crowd? What's going to be different to CoD or MoH? More vehicles? Again?! Feh, I'll upgrade for Crysis 2 and just single player it, probably. Though I should play Dead Space 2 and Amnesia first - I've bought them both, after all XD

They're making it out to be more like the older battlefield games like 1942/2/Vietnam/2142. Which means it will probably play more like MAG than CoD.

Is this the actual BF3? BF:BC3?

Can't tell, the trailer isn't working.

According to PC Gamer it's going to have 64 player matches and jet fighters, among other things.

Music at end was pretty awesome and fuck yeah Battlefield is coming back! I mean the serious Battlefield, everyone loves Bad Company but to the Yin there is a Yang.

Teaser wasn't mind-blowing as some teasers can be but to me this wasn't needed.

We need moar players, vehicles and maybe medals >.>
Bad Company Medals are like trying to get a shade of sand in a desert.

AmrasCalmacil:

Wicky_42:

They're making it out to be more like the older battlefield games like 1942/2/Vietnam/2142. Which means it will probably play more like MAG than CoD.

But... wasn't that what BC2 was? You know - Battlefield 2 only with a good game engine and less of the gay jettage? Bah, I think there needs to be at least a couple more years before they remake Battlefield again, especially if they're just retreading the same ground again :/

That teaser was rubbish. I mean it didn't tell us anything: just that there is going to be BF3. which we already knew if you followed the series/ bought limteted edition of MoH.

If you take a look at this teaser for the film UP. You know more and it leaves (or left if you saw this before the film) you wanting more. That trailer was just bland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dEdVwg7to4

now they are called teaser trailers for a reason. They aren't meant to give anything away, just to perk some interest. Also BF3 is going to be much different from Bad Company 2, anyone who's played BF2 and Bad Company knows the difference.

What makes this trailer exciting? The fact that it doesn't have "Bad Company" anywhere in the title.

Please make online shooters good again. The BF2 servers are slowly disappearing :(

Moonpooman:
According to PC Gamer it's going to have 64 player matches and jet fighters, among other things.

So it's going to be like Battlefield 2?...

I really wish more people would have played the REAL Battlefield games and not those crappy Bad Company ones. Battlefield 2 might not of had destructibility, but it was a hell of a lot more fun.

Spoon E11:
That teaser was rubbish. I mean it didn't tell us anything: just that there is going to be BF3. which we already knew if you followed the series/ bought limteted edition of MoH.

If you take a look at this teaser for the film UP. You know more and it leaves (or left if you saw this before the film) you wanting more. That trailer was just bland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dEdVwg7to4

Dude, it's a TEASER, they very rarely show anything useful, so how is this teaser rubbish, if it's just like every other teaser? Movie teasers usually show more, but, the majority of games teasers I've seen are pretty much like this.

I'mANinja:

Moonpooman:

That was my immediate response to that post, too.

BF2 is still amazing fun to play if you can get a game going at a large LAN, but I played BF:BC2 for about an hour and found that it just wasn't fun for me. That is, usually I'll play for longer to get a better feel for any game, but BC2 wasn't fun for me. At all. (Obviously that's just my opinion, but still.)
So if this is a return to Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 2 gameplay, then I'll definitely look into it. But if it's more like Bad Company 2, then I'll definitely give it a pass.

Guess I'm waiting until some actual gameplay footage is released. O.o

I want to see gameplay.

Wicky_42:
I barely played BF:BC2 - what's going to set BF3 ahead of the crowd?

1: Dice has been the only company to handle Battlefield. they have made one other game otherwise. This one company only means that their experience and skill with balancing has carried through one game to the next.
2: Weapon Balance: the reason why Call of Duty 6 is shit is because it doesnt have vehicles, but it has the anti-vehicle weapons. what in Battlefield is a tactical necessity, is an abusable oversight in CoD. Black Ops is shit because a separate company was brought in to develop it, and that company did not truly look into the sucesses and failures of the prior game, resulting in a game on the absolute opposite end of the see-saw.
3: Bad Company 1 & 2 show the penultimate issue with designing a FPS for single and multiplayer without sufficient time. BC2 has the same issue as CoD7 where there are weapons a full head and shoulders better then others, but nowhere near as glaring. Battlefield 3 loses the shitty singleplayer for an enhanced multiplayer.

My initial response to this was: "Whee, another 'gritty, realistic, hardcore shooter' for me to be completely unexcited about."

However, after looking into why everyone seemed to enjoy about Battlefield 2 (I admittedly have only ever played the Bad Company games), I'm still skeptical, as it's only a teaser, but I'll let my hopes raise just enough to wish it good luck in trying to stand out amongst all of the other shooters that are coming out these days.

Hope they make it more to the origainal BF 2 and hell yeah jets. Well if they are going make another one. Then they better make it right.

If it expands on the gameplay of Battlefield 2, it's a first-day buy.

this reminds me of that new Ghost Recon game that's supposed to be coming out...hmmm

DA DA DA DA-DUN DUN!

And yes, I hope this is more like BF2 except improved. Like guns that actually shoot straight :P. Didn't like Bad Company... just lacked the feel of the original BF series and well... was too much like COD:MW series - got boring real quick because it didn't seem to know what to be at the end of the day; "should I be a BF game or a COD game?"

Looking forward to see how this new installment in the BF series will set itself apart.

Also- can someone explain to me when "FALL" is in non-planetUSAland language? Seriously not everyone comes from America, the Fall that happens in my country is around about mid-next-month. Does that mean BF3 will come out next month in my country?

toapat:

Wicky_42:
I barely played BF:BC2 - what's going to set BF3 ahead of the crowd?

1: Dice has been the only company to handle Battlefield. they have made one other game otherwise. This one company only means that their experience and skill with balancing has carried through one game to the next.
2: Weapon Balance: the reason why Call of Duty 6 is shit is because it doesnt have vehicles, but it has the anti-vehicle weapons. what in Battlefield is a tactical necessity, is an abusable oversight in CoD. Black Ops is shit because a separate company was brought in to develop it, and that company did not truly look into the sucesses and failures of the prior game, resulting in a game on the absolute opposite end of the see-saw.
3: Bad Company 1 & 2 show the penultimate issue with designing a FPS for single and multiplayer without sufficient time. BC2 has the same issue as CoD7 where there are weapons a full head and shoulders better then others, but nowhere near as glaring. Battlefield 3 loses the shitty singleplayer for an enhanced multiplayer.

Ok, so I'll admit that BF2 swallowed up far more of my time than any similar game, but still - is ANOTHER gritty multiplayer recent war shooter really what the market needs at the moment, no matter how carefully balanced the guns are or what the company's credential are? Especially one that you indicate has done away with any semblance of single player at all?

A game tailored exclusively to PC game selling by the truckload is a great thing,it would show otehr developers that games still sell on PC.
Besides,64 player matches with destructable terrain and jets is always a good thing.I wonder who is in the game this time.Perhaps more imaginative than Russians through MEC's weapons vs China vs USMC.I hope they bring in a South American union or something fresh.

I'mANinja:

Dude, it's a TEASER, they very rarely show anything useful, so how is this teaser rubbish, if it's just like every other teaser? Movie teasers usually show more, but, the majority of games teasers I've seen are pretty much like this.

But it doesn't tease. Teasers should get you interested, this frankly doesn't. It's just boring.

I'mANinja:

Moonpooman:

Yeah, only that it's going to be 3!

I don't know why all the hate for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

First of don't compare it Call of Duty, the Gameplay of the multiplayer is vaastly different.
If it were like Call of Duty whrer no real teamwork is necessary than i wouldn't play it.
If you have a team that mainly consists of players only rushing forward you gonna loose, no matter if you are attacker of defender.
Then the Game gives you really the chance to do something without having to respawn endless times.
When you have an able Medic with you, that is.

Also: Camping in Battlefield Bad Company 2, when done rigth, is actually beneficial to the gameplay, if not even necessary. ^.^
If you do it wrong, you will loose every position and your team gets overrun while you damper around somewhere far away from the actual happenings.

I agree on the comments to the singleplayer though. There were funny moments with the characters but like in the last one, but they are overall totally fucking useless and its infuriating that you die althougth you are surrounded by three other Squadmembers that just don't get done anything.
And then the Singleplayer Levels are just to fucking restricted.
It's so goddamn counterintuitive to what they could do with it and their tech, but whatever.

I think the Multiplayer is awesome, perhabs they can add a coop Mode within the game instead as an DLC like in BC2 (wich i didn't buy, the DLC CoopMode that is) but they can leave out the Singleplayer.
No one gets attached to the characters just cuase they give away fancy talk when they are USELESS TO THE GAMEPLAY.

Terminatorthemefield 3... :P

PC gamers should rejoice as well, as DICE will most likely treat the PC version with some special care to avoid some of the "consolization" that happened in the Bad Company series.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1363387-demize99-working-bf3-4.html#post18686418

Personally, I can't wait for this game. Battlefield has always been miles and miles beyond other shooters, in terms of tactical gameplay. In my opinion anyway.

All I want is the return Battlefield to the organized-team game it was in BF2 and BF2142...

Action aside, the way they organized each team kept things organized and perpetually back-and-forth on a good server...

Combine that with destructible cover (the bane of campers), up to 64 players on a sever, and its gonna be one helluva game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here