Trailers: Battlefield 3 Teaser

Pages PREV 1 2

Wicky_42:
one that has done away with any semblance of single player at all?

in short: no true singleplayer=More resources towards Multiplayer
More Resources towards multiplayer= better multiplayer
better multiplayer= more people playing
more people playing= more fun

Just disappointed that they could be bring Prone back for BF3. I did not miss it in BFBC1 or 2 and would not if they removed it entirely. The 64 Maps should be good though.

I sure as hell hope this is more like the old Battlefields, if it is, I'll hump things... BF2 was happy times all over.

SIXVI06-M:
DA DA DA DA-DUN DUN!

And yes, I hope this is more like BF2 except improved. Like guns that actually shoot straight :P. Didn't like Bad Company... just lacked the feel of the original BF series and well... was too much like COD:MW series - got boring real quick because it didn't seem to know what to be at the end of the day; "should I be a BF game or a COD game?"

Looking forward to see how this new installment in the BF series will set itself apart.

Also- can someone explain to me when "FALL" is in non-planetUSAland language? Seriously not everyone comes from America, the Fall that happens in my country is around about mid-next-month. Does that mean BF3 will come out next month in my country?

Fall's before the end out the year. Around like September and October, and that's the news, form USAland.

No 1942 WW2 vehicles = no interest whatsoever.

Calcium:
I know it's meant to be a teaser trailer, but come on. If it wasn't for the title at the end that could be any FPS.

That's because it IS just any FPS. Looks like it'll just be BF2 with a new coat of paint.

toapat:

Wicky_42:

...until they stop playing= game dies completely, without any singleplayer to hold it up or bring any replayability at all.

Squilookle:
No 1942 WW2 vehicles = no interest whatsoever.

Calcium:
I know it's meant to be a teaser trailer, but come on. If it wasn't for the title at the end that could be any FPS.

That's because it IS just any FPS. Looks like it'll just be BF2 with a new coat of paint.

toapat:

Wicky_42:

...until they stop playing= game dies completely, without any singleplayer to hold it up or bring any replayability at all.

True, it is just another FPS whose popularity is (partially) derived from people loving it in opposition to Modern Warfare. With so many similar games around, I'd have expected them to try to make it stand out from the crowd. Then again, it's Published by EA, which isn't any better than Activision on terms of the huge-company-out-to-make-money front.

I hope you're not suggesting the single player held BFBC2 up! There was no replayability at all there, and the experience was so dull and irritating that I still havn't completed it whilst spending 40 hours online. It felt like one of these bolt-on campaigns, added because people believe every game needs a single player. If the successor features no campaign, at least no one can criticise the quality of it.

Calcium:

I hope you're not suggesting the single player held BFBC2 up! There was no replayability at all there, and the experience was so dull and irritating that I still havn't completed it whilst spending 40 hours online.

hell no! by the second level I was walking calmly through the level ignoring cover, bored out of my mind. I gave up on the third mission because it was all just so awful. There's nothing that says they can't just make a good campaign though, and even if they don't, bot matches constitute singleplayer as well...

I hope this is is a battlefield 2142 remake, wouldnt that be the shit!

Actually, Battlefield 2 was shit compared to BC2.

Nobody followed the commander's orders and squads did whatever they wanted. People lined up for jets and didn't actually go and fight. The engine sucked ass and every server lagged like crazy.

BC2 fixed all of these problems.

If this game returns to the ways of BF2 then I'm definitely not buying it.

I'mANinja:

Spoon E11:
That teaser was rubbish. I mean it didn't tell us anything: just that there is going to be BF3. which we already knew if you followed the series/ bought limteted edition of MoH.

If you take a look at this teaser for the film UP. You know more and it leaves (or left if you saw this before the film) you wanting more. That trailer was just bland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dEdVwg7to4

Dude, it's a TEASER, they very rarely show anything useful, so how is this teaser rubbish, if it's just like every other teaser? Movie teasers usually show more, but, the majority of games teasers I've seen are pretty much like this.

Because sir, this teaser showed nothing except the name of the game and an exploding helicopter. There is nothing to get excited about, so it failed in teasing the mind.

That was completely pointless, I mean I wasn't looking for game play or impressive graphics just what was going to make BF3 better then the other 52532534 FPS games on the market. It didn't deliver.

I know it's a teaser but that isn't really a trailer. Just a bunch of grainy images with music playing in the background.

AmrasCalmacil:

The Random One:
Gogdang, I literally just bought BFBC2. It didn't even finish downloading.

Also, unless the game will consist entirely of blurry images over a thumping techno soundtrack, this was a lame trailer.

Yeah, Skyrim's trailer is lame too because it's just an old guy talking over a nordic background. TES games are nothing like a narration!

I sense the sarcasm here.

Which brings me to the point of this trailer showcased absolutely nothing except an exploding helicopter that was most likely not even in game engine, whereas TES 5 teaser gave us a setting, origin story, and tone of the game.

That was teasing even for a teaser trailer.

Then again, it's BF3, all they need is the title to work people into a frenzy.

Can't WAIT!

Boxinatorizore:

SIXVI06-M:
DA DA DA DA-DUN DUN!

And yes, I hope this is more like BF2 except improved. Like guns that actually shoot straight :P. Didn't like Bad Company... just lacked the feel of the original BF series and well... was too much like COD:MW series - got boring real quick because it didn't seem to know what to be at the end of the day; "should I be a BF game or a COD game?"

Looking forward to see how this new installment in the BF series will set itself apart.

Also- can someone explain to me when "FALL" is in non-planetUSAland language? Seriously not everyone comes from America, the Fall that happens in my country is around about mid-next-month. Does that mean BF3 will come out next month in my country?

Fall's before the end out the year. Around like September and October, and that's the news, form USAland.

Ah, it is good to hear news from USAland. Thanks for clearing that up ^_^. I know you have winter in Christmas since it snows in some places over there, but still that's not a lot to go on :P.

Not interested yet. I purchased BC2 on hype, and it was fun for a few hours.

I'mANinja:
I really wish more people would have played the REAL Battlefield games and not those crappy Bad Company ones. Battlefield 2 might not of had destructibility, but it was a hell of a lot more fun.

What could be more fun than blowing up a building?

SIXVI06-M:

Boxinatorizore:

SIXVI06-M:
DA DA DA DA-DUN DUN!

Ah, it is good to hear news from USAland. Thanks for clearing that up ^_^. I know you have winter in Christmas since it snows in some places over there, but still that's not a lot to go on :P.

Fall is officially between the Autumnal Equinox and the Winter Solstice.

2010 March. Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
2010 October. Medal of Honor. Essentially the same multiplayer game.
2010 December. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion.
2011 Fall. Battlefield 3.

You keep sending me mixed messages EA.
I'm not buying Vietnam, because I know you'll drop support for it, if BF3 is succesfull. Just like you did with MoH, which people didn't buy, because they already bought BC2.

Too many similar games, in too little time.

Calcium:
It felt like one of these bolt-on campaigns, added because people believe every game needs a single player. If the successor features no campaign, at least no one can criticise the quality of it.

Thats because BC's single player is bolted on. the battlefield games are about multiplayer, the singleplayer should only be a setting to get used to the weapons, not a story.

Klepa:
2010 March. Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
2010 October. Medal of Honor. Essentially the same multiplayer game.
2010 December. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion.
2011 Fall. Battlefield 3.

Battlefield: DICE, exclusively, they have made in total 3 and a half games since the first battlefield.

Medal of Honor: made by numerous subgroups of EA, of which DICE has only worked on the most recent, which was rushed out and so dice didnt have the time to actually invest in making the multiplayer playable.

Well that was pointless, telling us nothing and managing to be pretentious to boot...

I guess it's supposed to be some kind of reveal trailer that makes you like, "..huh.. what game is thi- HOLY CRAP BATTLEFIELD 3! *hype*", but it doesn't work that well because the title is hanging above the video the whole time. If I was watching this, say, on television or in front of a movie, I'd be intrigued.

But yeah the trailer basically says "Battlefield 3 is coming out by the way," with very little in the way of features. Or maybe the whole game will play out entirely using smash-cuts..?

edit: sorry for the double-ish post :3

leviadragon99:
Well that was pointless, telling us nothing and managing to be pretentious to boot...

I don't understand how you could call this "pretentious," sure it's aimed at people who have had a history with the Battlefield series but it's not tooting its own horn, it's just trying to create an atmosphere.

I still play Battlefield 2.

So, unless this proves to be better, I may just keep on playing Battlefield 2!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here