Daily Drop: Porcelain Mask

Porcelain Mask

The phantom of the Daily Drop takes a bow.

Watch Video

My mates parents have loads of these things hanging around and its creepy as hell...

Im glad someone is taking action against these weird things!

Porcelain objects will shatter like crazy. One of the big pieces really did break more by what seems to be a light bounce off the floor.

BTW, you only had a pop bottle to prop that mask on for the pre drop shot?

And why is the song used here not on the music page?

Graham_LRR:
Porcelain Mask

The phantom of the Daily Drop takes a bow.

Watch Video

Some of these drop items could greatly benefit from a bit more acceleration... Perhaps less of a release and more of a launch? (Increased fragmentation = more stuff to watch on the high-speed!)

No saving face with that drop!

Okay, is it weird that because of some of the more awesome drops we've seen recently, when I saw this I though "It just broke? How boring."?

I might have cringed a bit at the destruction of artwork, but then I noticed it had a bow on it.

Kind of disappointing. I was hoping for a Light Bulb esk WTF moment.

Oh well, pretty nice shatter sound.

Nice how the right half of the mask appeared to hold up well... until, of course, it fragmented further.

And tomorrow---

OH SHIT NO, NOT THE ENN JAMTROLLER!!!

...I'm just kidding, of course, but I figured someone's gonna mention the Jamtroller tomorrow, so might as well bring that up today.

This days drop made me think of this.

From now on, if something DOSE NOT BREAK, why use a crowbar,
when you can use liquid nitrogen!!!

I suppose, sometimes, we have to face facts that shit needs to be dropped. We come face to face with the gravity of that fact. I'm just glad that the guys at LRR are doing it in such a way as to not lose face.

The sound of the smash is almost musical when slowed down that much. Almost.

And then ToTheArk watches this and cries...and cries...and cries.

Man how much did that mask cost since it look expensive. Still it was interesting to see the large right side of the mask break into four pieces like that.

Hope you guys were wearing masks during that drop for safety purposes :-p

Creeeeeeepy. Tomorrow, JAM!

i broke so much shit as a kid that the sound of porcelain hitting a hard floor still makes me cringe.

Oh God, that mask is creeeepy!

Kill it! Kill it with slo-mo droppage action!

and somewhere, Vega is crying

Ashcrexl:
i broke so much shit as a kid that the sound of porcelain hitting a hard floor still makes me cringe.

you too huh?

Whaddya know, You dropped something and it broke.

Try dropping a 5 gallon bottle of a colorful liquid. Or something vibrant and big. Like colored sand or, glow sticks.

Geez, talking about a facePLANT #badum*tish#

Another fine almost musical tone when the mask hit the ground and shattered. I'm also glad to see that the pieces went all over the place as well. :D

MaVeN1337:
Whaddya know, You dropped something and it broke.

Try dropping a 5 gallon bottle of a colorful liquid. Or something vibrant and big. Like colored sand or, glow sticks.

I think they're making a list of things like that for their next series, provided this one does well.

Sad Face. BAM. Stupid Pun.

Man, that one could have used some super-slow-mo. That first crack down the middle was instant, even at slow speeds.

Yep, I'd say that one's a little beyond reconstructive facial surgery now...

I counted 48 pieces

I agree with Signa. That one did seem a little too fast.

Scarim Coral:
It was interesting to see the large right side of the mask break into four pieces like that.

Yeah, I liked how the cracks seemed to just appear out of nowhere.

Is it just me or does every single Daily Drop make you want to light up a joint before you watch it? The more I watch the more I think that it would be so much more awesome to watch it high.

Sweet... Awesome stuff.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here