Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Episode 1.2: Bush League

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, our heroic duo must figure out a way to rid themselves of the demonically possessed masked intruder that they created in the previous episode. Anthony grapples with the rules of the universe when an unforeseen complication arises.

A new challenger approaches...

Watch Video

This show just keeps getting better.

"I didn't want to be killed by Laura Bush."

Haha, that last outtake was hilarious. Right in the balls.

Great episode. Definitely better than the first.

To be fair I don't think anyone wants to be killed by Laura Bush.

Yeah so I'm liking this show so far.
Cuts need to be snappier I think and this whole I WASN'T REALLY DEAD thing needs to cool down a bit.

Asides from that. Awesome stuff :) Loved watching him hit a bullet back with a shovel. Genius!

I loved the whole thing, though I think it would of been interesting to see him try to dig a hole with a snow shovel.

Also, hit in the balls was fuggin' lulzy.

Interesting. I want to see were this show was going. It seems like it could be the next Doomsday Arcade (which is always a good thing). Oh, and I totally thought that the Laura Bush mask was really a Smiler mask (y'know, from Transmetropolitan).

Are all the video desctiptions for this gonna start with "on a very special episode of anthony saves the world"?

Is it just me, or before the action scene Mikey was acting a lot like the current Doctor Who?

theheroofaction:
Are all the video desctiptions for this gonna start with "on a very special episode of anthony saves the world"?

Correct.

Or until everyone wises up to "If everything is special, nothing is."

I pray that Anthony's balls made it out ok. I'm now traumatised by Laura Bush's face. At first, seeing her space was kind of weird, but now thanks to your mask, that's it. These masks they use in movies of public figures in crime films (The Town) is way more scary than any clowns.

Oh, and great episode. Didn't know you had to reflect a bullet while jumping off a plank.

"What happened to Blinovich?"

"His grandson killed him."

Genius. Doctor Who Trope Reversal. :)

Total Geek Notes

Hmm, so fried chicken doesn't work eh?

*makes note*

Yes, I best remember that one.

I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and a couple of the cuts needed some work. But overall I'm still incredibly pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time. I have high high hopes.

edit: also, as a Brit, the name Laura Bush means nothing to me so I am annoyed I'm missing out on the joke there.

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

mikeyface:

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

Ha ha, great to hear it. I look forward to it. And I admit I could never get anything close to as good as this, I just have unfairly high standards of others.

I think this episode was much better than the first.
Now I'm looking forward to episodes 3 and 4.

Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

I'm hoping this gets revealed later and proves to be decent, but I'm still wondering if the demons are really necessary since there are plenty of other things that can stand in for the "bad guy" position like clones, aliens, robots, mutants or just normal human beings who simply have a problem with Anthony for something he'll eventually do but doesn't know about yet.

Other than that, I hope that this turns out well in later episodes. It may be a rocky start now but it's only the beginning, so I'm still going to remain hopeful.

Okay, looking forward to the next episodes.
Seems interesting enough, and an accident involving someones family jewels always makes the mood lighter.
And also, nice jump.

"So I can fight off demons with a KFC double-down?"

It's stuff like this that make this series watchable. I'm definitely interested.

Still can't get Double-Downs here in Blighty.

Colonel, I am disappoint.

love the music , love the plot , hate the action scenes.
the action seems very fake ... the punches , grabs are all too slow which makes them seem fake and its easy to see how it was practiced as in the 1st episode i could tell whats going to happen.

so far iam liking the series but i do hope you get into the fighting scenes with more passion ...

mikeyface:

theheroofaction:

Correct.

Or until everyone wises up to "If everything is special, nothing is."

Did you ever watch Clone High by any chance?

On topic though, this episode got a few laughs out of me. I like where this show is going, it's pretty funny and it sure beats any of the other new shows out there right now.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Still can't get Double-Downs here in Blighty.

Colonel, I am disappoint.

I think a 20 piece bucket would still be cheaper than 16 Double-Downs, or even 10. I'm pretty sure you only need 20 pieces of chicken to stop them.

Yay for Bloopers.

OT: How exactly did swinging a shovel kill the guy INSIDE the house? Does that imply that you "Rebounded" the bullet, cause that could've been shown a bit more clearly, I think.
Also, i agree with what one of the other guys said, The "Haha, thought i was dead? Not Really!" thing is going to get very old very fast.

Overall, looking pretty good, I'll take your word on Ep 3-4 being much more polished :)

Oh yeah! This episode is much better than the previous. Cotton Candy pheromones and using a snow shovel to send a bullet back to possessed laura bush...awesome. That epic maneuver with the snow shovel and landing in the pool should be an avatar.

I think I'm liking this series, but sometimes they talk too fast, and kind of end up mumbling. Just slow down once in a while, guys.

And that shovel thing was pretty badass.

He has to keep his suit on? Awesome.

But there are times when its a bit hard to hear, slower speech maybe? Other than that I really like this.

I'm having so much trouble hearing what you all are saying. Maybe better mics, articulation or subtitles?
Otherwise, really good, and am looking forward to where it's going!

I usually don't laugh when people get hit in the balls. I can't remember the last time I have.

But the bit at the end made me crack up.

Good video:)

Things I have learned from this video:

- Demons smell like cotton candy
- A shovel is a useful weapon
- I kinda want to put on a suit and jump into a pool
- Masks still freak me out :|

Things I have learned from reading the comments:

- EVERYONE laughed at Anthony getting hit in the balls.

That said, nice work guys! Can't wait for ep 3. (again)

First off, time traveling is based on... errrr.. timey wimey... stuff (I hope someone got that)

Also, this series is ok has some potential, but man, makes me REALLY miss Doomsday arcade, thats some kick ass funny action, no offense to this show.

Awesome stuff. Best time travel explanation ever. Great music by Danny B. Keep it up good sirs!

Quite hilarious indeed. You guys should make longer episodes, that one seemed to fly by. Anyway, it was really good. Bravo.

k-ossuburb:
The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

It's fine, because of, uh... Nano... Polymer... Fibre... Weave. Controlled by... Computers. Yes. Computers chip. With sensors. Throughout the suit. And they... Detect when parts of the fabric are under unusual stress... Which means that it's pliable when you move it with your hands, but hardens when struck with a bullet! Yes. Also prevents creases.

Damn it, I love Anthony so hard.

Here's to hoping that he worked on Duke Nukem and that all the dialog is drenched in laura bush and double down goodness.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here