Zero Punctuation: Dead Space 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I want to try DS series (I never play DS before) but from Yahtzee reviews it seems like this game is like Doom 3 with all the lights turned on, CMIIW.

... never take Zero Punctuattion serious enough to warrant a purchase or not. He bashes even his favorite game. Although you can notice a bit of light in the reviews of the game he actually likes.

Just get the original Dead Space. Dead Space 2 is scary in the way a man jumping out of a closet in front of you is scary... more 'alarmed!' than scary. You need atmosphere to be scary, and DS2 is just alot of space shit.

uh oh error 200 stream not available.

runedeadthA:

OT: What gets me about Dead Space 2 is how eager everyone is about it. Dead space 1 was released to a resounding cry of "Meh" but when Two comes along everyone's suddenly a fanboy!

How was the response meh? Dead Space was critically acclaimed, it sold over 2 million copies and won several awards.

This is just one thing that has been bothering me about Dead Space 2. Everyone is saying that it has a jab towards Scientology in it, which for the record it completely false. Don't agree well take a look at this http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/02/03/unitology-dead-space-series-not-jab-scientology-says-visceral.

Now I don't believe in Scientology and don't plan to anytime soon. That said I did try my best to find out exactly what it was all about, so what do I do? I check the out the website for the church of Scientology and do you know what I found out? NOTHING seriously I watch a 30min presentation and they tell me nothing about their theology! I'm mean come on I bet if you asked a priest they would at least tell you something about the theology of christianity without forcing you to buy a bible.

So yeah I just wanted to say the Unitology (according to the creators) has nothing to do with Scientology If anybody can give me a solid comparison otherwise (with a credible source) then I guess the creators of Dead Space 2 did something they didn't plan on.

Horben:

krickit:
anyone else getting a can't find stream error?

same here any one have any idea wtf is up with that?

I don't know if it's is just temporary or not but I'm getting an error saying the video clip is not found. I'm really looking forward to watching this review. Any help?

Oh good I thought it was just me. It seems to be all the videos. Any chance you guys are not in the States? I'm in Canada and when you read the help it says it usually happens in Australia and NZ. I'm wondering if the Canadians are going to have issues with this now as well?

OK, so it's not just me who can't watch it? I notice you mention that it usually happens in Australia and NZ (I'm in AUS). I've never had it happen before, does it usually get fixed quickly/at all?

Not working for me either and I'm in the US...

yea its broke right now "cant find stream" ill check back later

EDIT: also in US

VIDEO!!!! Y U NO WORK!!!!!

This has happened in the past, I wonder if it's just a server overload.

Yep, vid isn't loading for me either (all the way here in NZ). Stream not found.

Let's get it fixified with your magical powers of technology, Escapist web guys (Webmaster? Videofile Lord? Godking of Escapist Online Video Entertainment?).

Not working for me either and I'm in Canada

Blitzwing:

Duffeknol:
I'm so glad Yahtzee agrees with me completely when it comes to Dead Space. Now I can rub TWO video's in the face of everyone who calls Dead Space 'super f-in scary bro'.

That is a very good thing.

Why? He's said several times that his viewers should come up with their own pros and cons since after all, these reviews are just his opinion.
If you do use his reviews to prove your argument, then you're an idiot

Not to prove a point, that isn't the same as 'rubbing in face'

It's just something to link someone to when you're not feeling like typing more than 2 sentences, get off your high horse man

It's not working for me either and I'm in the US. My 12 year old has been waiting with bated breath for Yahtzee's review of this game and would have been cheesed that I watched it without him (which I was absolutely going to do since he's already in bed for the night). Now I guess I have no choice but to wait. :(

None of the videos on this site are working atm.

Duffeknol:

Blitzwing:

Duffeknol:
I'm so glad Yahtzee agrees with me completely when it comes to Dead Space. Now I can rub TWO video's in the face of everyone who calls Dead Space 'super f-in scary bro'.

That is a very good thing.

Why? He's said several times that his viewers should come up with their own pros and cons since after all, these reviews are just his opinion.

It's just something to link someone to when you're not feeling like typing more than 2 sentences, get off your high horse man

I'm not on a high horse. I just don't see how you're rubbing anything in people's faces by using his reviews. If someone finds Dead Space scary then no comedian is going to change that.

NintendHo:
It's not working for me either and I'm in the US. My 12 year old has been waiting with bated breath for Yahtzee's review of this game and would have been cheesed that I watched it without him (which I was absolutely going to do since he's already in bed for the night). Now I guess I have no choice but to wait. :(

Silly parent, Yahtzee's not for kids.

I am also having trouble with the vid. Guess it'll have to wait.

It's just something to link someone to when you're not feeling like typing more than 2 sentences, get off your high horse man[/quote]

I'm not on a high horse. I just don't see how you're rubbing anything in people's face by using his reviews. If someone finds Dead Space scary then no comedian is going to change that.[/quote]

instantbenz:

NintendHo:

I am also having trouble with the vid. Guess it'll have to wait.

Ranquest:

MoNKeyYy:
Not working for me either and I'm in Canada

Blazingdragoon04:
VIDEO!!!! Y U NO WORK!!!!!

This has happened in the past, I wonder if it's just a server overload.

I'm not the type of person to get all smug about something other people can't control... but this is making me wonder why people didn't watch it earlier when it was working.
I can tell you it's pretty funny.

Oh, yeah, when he says DS isn't scary, he's right. Anybody with a good special effects program can make zombies quickly come out of nowhere. Like someone told me, DS is tense, not scary. Tense.

Still not working stream not found.

Dawkter:

I'm not the type of person to get all smug about something other people can't control... but this is making me wonder why people didn't watch it earlier when it was working.

Oh, yeah, when he says DS isn't scary, he's right. Anybody with a good special effects program can make zombies quickly come out of nowhere. Like someone told me, DS is tense, not scary. Tense.

Because some of us have lives, as in working jobs and going to class, hence making the entire 10 hour period between 12-4:30, work, and 4:30-10:00, class, and the hour commute home, not time spent dicking around on the internet.

Not working here in Alaska either!

What if people couldnt watch it earlier, like if they were at work or not at home at the time

It's amazing, video stream doesn't work, advertising still perfectly served. Funny how it is never the other way around.

Blazingdragoon04:

Dawkter:

Because some of us have lives, as in working jobs and going to class, hence making the entire 10 hour period between 12-4:30, work, and 4:30-10:00, class, and the hour commute home, not time spent dicking around on the internet.

Yes!
You see, the first thing I do when joining any forum is do some annoying troll multiple times until someone gets mad. I joined an Xbox forum and my first post was
'wtf who lieks xbox sursly halos gonan get ported to ps2 nd the grafic on xbox sucks!!!! nd btw we have bluray', etc. shit like that.

Excuse me if I had a horrible case of the flu. Sheesh. I was absent today. It's not like I quit school to go on the Internet.
By the way, I don't have a job yet. I'm still in high school. So I get home around 3:45, 4:00, which was what I meant by 'earlier'.
Wanna be friends?

instantbenz:

Nah. Mine is a straight-A, well-mannered kid so I don't mind letting him watch the reviews, though he doesn't (thankfully) "get" some of the more naughty references. Luckily, he has yet to ask me what a triple-cunted hooker is, so I'm safe for right now.

Besides, Dead Space 2 isn't exactly for kids either but he had no problems blowing necromorph ass away anyway (and neither did I, frankly).

Dawkter:

Because some of us have aforementioned children and can't find two seconds (during the day) to rub together to pee in peace much less stop everything and hop on the computer. Besides, I never know when during the day on Wednesday the video goes online so I just wait until the end of the day.

*edit* I was not being snarky. Just stating the facts, yah.

Ranquest:

Well nuts. Guess I'll have to check back tomorrow :P

i cant watch it and im from the US.

Derp goes here.

It has magically decided to work again! Yay!

Blitzwing:

Duffeknol:

Blitzwing:

I'm not on a high horse. I just don't see how you're rubbing anything in people's faces by using his reviews. If someone finds Dead Space scary then no comedian is going to change that.

Again, it's not about changing someone's opinion. It's more like 'ha ha if you think that you should watch this'. Since it will conflict with their opinion on the game the reaction should be interesting.

Horben:

Temporary downage. Sorry guys. Seems to be under control now.

mrhateful:

danpascooch:

Moments like

or

or

In other words you like getting shocked. Except for that last one which was just scripted gameplay. Now don't get me wrong scripted gameplay can be fun but it doesn't really matter too much in the overall game, since it lasted like 20 seconds, actually all the stuff you talked about lasts between 5-20 sec and it was all pretty much clips/video.

To anyone thinking about bying this game, please don't the game was awful and if you fall into the same trap as i which is, "man this game is easily just as great as the first one", then game studios might think that we want this kinda crap. Also anyone who is saying that it was a good game is either lying or an idiot.

I think it was much better than the original, everything across the board is improved.

And the scripted events are important, it doesn't really matter that they don't last long, because they give you something to REMEMBER, something to look back on and go "that was FUCKING AWESOME!" their impact lasts long beyond their actual duration.

Everyone says "it's shocking" or "it's just jump-scares" as if that's a bad thing. So what? It's fun as shit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here