Trailers: LEGO Star Wars III Trailer

LEGO Star Wars III Trailer

Re-enact epic battles from The Clone Wars using LEGOs.

Watch Video

Isn't this just the same thing as LEGO Star Wars 1, but with better grapichs?

Scarecrow 8:
Isn't this just the same thing as LEGO Star Wars 1, but with better grapichs?

No, its based off the cartoon series they had on cartoon network.

EDIT: I somehow see this doing the worst out of all of them.

As soon as it said 'Clone Wars' I had a brilliant idea:
Lego Republic Commando.

Don't lie, you want it as well!

Ok. I've only seen a couple of Clone Wars episodes, and the movie. They pissed me off from the very first second, but I love the LEGO Star Wars games, and this looks quite good.

The other games were barrels of plastic block fun, and this looks even better. The stylised visuals and kid friendly jokes that I didn't like in the Clone Wars movie would work fine in a LEGO game as it doesn't take itself seriously.

This... looks actually like fun. Even had a few chuckles at some parts.

But will it just be based of the first season or up to the latest? And will the episodes be in actual order unlike the CG show?

Hopefully based off the Cartoon Clone Wars and not that god-awful CGI... Thing.

My god, it looks...worthwhile.

hazabaza1:
Lego Republic Commando.

Great idea!
Also, what a crap game. The new one, that is, not RC.
The first few LEGO games were awesome, now they're starting to get worse and worse...

These games always manage to amuse me greatly. They take camp and make it even more campy.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

IT'S FINALLY COMING! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS GAME SINCE THEY ANNOUNCED IT LAST YEAR!!!! CAPS LOCK FOR EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Wait, bestselling videogame adaption of the franchise ever? If that's true about the lego star wars games then that's actually kinda sad...

leviadragon99:
Wait, bestselling videogame adaption of the franchise ever? If that's true about the lego star wars games then that's actually kinda sad...

Yeah. I hate it when good games are successful, too!

hazabaza1:
Lego Republic Commando.

That actually isn't a bad idea. It's better than a game based off the Cartoon Network series anyway.

Mezzo.:

Sadly, no. I'm sure elements from Tartakovsky's series will be incorporated, but, from what I've seen, it's heavily connected to the CGI series...although I'm still not sure exactly where the CGI series fits into Star Wars chronology!

Mezzo.:

This, the cartoon was mindless family friendly violence from start to finish. The CGI thingy tried to add character development to CLONES and all sorts of bullshit.

leviadragon99:

The narrator is lying. The best selling Star Wars series of all time are The Force Unleashed, and the Battlefront series. But they don't want you to know that, because people are still itching for Battlefront 3.

DO WANT, DO WANT MUCH!

By which I mean that is a parody of the star wars franchise is really the best-recieved, then the credibility of the franchise is surely lost.

Don't twist my words.

Did anyone else notice the original trilogy music from about the halfway point to the end? I feel insulted, they're mixing good and terrible things.

Anyways, I won't get it, the gameplay in these is always fine, except that you had to kill everyone yourself, as the AI was incapable of actually doing any damage at all to the enemies. The humor has always been quite boring however.

I like the series, (mainly when they focus on the clones) so I'm interested.

Lego makes everything good!

I woudl surely get it if I was 10 years younger.

YES!!
the lego games are just so fun. I think its the only 100% reliable series i know of.
You know exactly what your going to get in the games, their silly, over the top, funny and most important of all VERY ENJOYABLE.

Apparantly the Pirates of the Caribbean one is looking good too ^^

Well, I'm not very interested on the Clone Wars cartoon/CGI, I'm more interested on the teaser trailer about Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEuhiScluK8

Still, the other Lego Star Wars games were fun, and even though the story on this one doesn't interest me, the gameplay look cool.

thenumberthirteen:
Ok. I've only seen a couple of Clone Wars episodes, and the movie. They pissed me off from the very first second, but I love the LEGO Star Wars games, and this looks quite good.

The other games were barrels of plastic block fun, and this looks even better. The stylised visuals and kid friendly jokes that I didn't like in the Clone Wars movie would work fine in a LEGO game as it doesn't take itself seriously.

i completely agree, go to gametrailers and watch some videos, they have added epic rts style battles, so dont dismiss it purely because "its clone wars"

Ahhh, time for me to spam my Jedi double-jump attack again...

I enjoy the cartoon, so I'm a-okay with this.

I have to admit, that trailer was pretty damn funny. STill doesn't make he hate that cartoon and the movie any less.

*Sigh* At least it dosen't mess up cannon as bad as TFU

That trailer was better than Episode III.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here