Critical Miss: Do Not Past Go...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Do Not Past Go...

We have already apologized for the pun.

Read Full Article

Oh god, SHE'S DEAD! YOU MONSTER FUTURE VERSION OF HER. YOU MONSTER

(edit: no, I don't know her name, its slipped my mind)

Best one in a LONG time. :D

I could almost see this as a real game, sadly enough. Its basically Singularity, the board game, with property management thrown in and less E99.

When are you guys gonna figure out what's to happen next? Cuz I really want to see the conclusion of children of steam!

A prize opportunity to make Red Alert real, and ist is blown. I am very disappoint.

So... the timeline theory was right?

But... wait... if her future self killed her past self, how would her future self survive in order to travel back and kill herself?

*brain implosion imminent*

GeorgW:
When are you guys gonna figure out what's to happen next? Cuz I really want to see the conclusion of children of steam!

I'm guessing they couldn't figure out an ending for that series after all.
Either that, or they plan to release the last chapter much later.

Sounds sort of familiar, when I think about it.

GeorgW:

Unfortunately, the children of steam crashed to desktop, all data was lost. *ba-dumsh* Im here all week folks!

You should have just killed hitler, i think we all know how good of an idea THAT was[1] **Glares at Einstein**.

[1] So i guess we are just going to forget we ever saw Kane in RA1 thus making the univerese gloriously linked? Im not sure how much worse EA could have handled the franchise. Oh wait, CnC4 happened.

The Eupho Guy:
I could almost see this as a real game, sadly enough. Its basically Singularity, the board game, with property management thrown in and less E99.

Dude... did you have to remind us of that crap...

Great stuff, guys. Loved it, particularly (what I see as) the cliche of time travel in anything :P
Keep it up, guys!

That was a bit messed up.

If only... Reminded me of the game Chrononauts.

Scrumpmonkey:
You should have just killed hitler, i think we all know how good of an idea THAT was[1] **Glares at Einstein**.

Timelines are hard to keep straight, but here goes. If the Russians win RA1, then Kane appears and CnC happens. If the Allies win RA1 then RA2 kicks off with the Russians fighting back. RA3 is based on the Allies winning RA2.

[1] So i guess we are just going to forget we ever saw Kane in RA1 thus making the univerese gloriously linked? Im not sure how much worse EA could have handled the franchise. Oh wait, CnC4 happened.

Aww, at first i just thought it was a terrible comic, but people seem to really like it, i guess i just didn't get it, or everyone but me is wrong, yeah that must be it.

Epic. Best strip ever.

And WTF is up with the CAPTCHA proliferation of late? :-(

Deathlyphil:

Scrumpmonkey:

Timelines are hard to keep straight, but here goes. If the Russians win RA1, then Kane appears and CnC happens. If the Allies win RA1 then RA2 kicks off with the Russians fighting back. RA3 is based on the Allies winning RA2.

Fans never really connect C&C 1 and RA 1 though. Westwood always regretted ever making that connection between the two games. It seemed like a good idea back then when they considered RA1 to be the sucessor of C&C1, but not after they decided to split the two universes.

So...never happend. Ignore it. Move on, nothing to see here.

I enjoy the idea that in the future, guinea pigs and hamsters will have zero-G belts.

Donnie Darko :D

Ooo, that time manipulation RTS is out soon isn't it? Probably won't be getting it, although it sounds awesome. Tried to understand the time propogation so hard until my head hurt. That and everyone and their dog seems to be better at me in RTS's.

Edit: It's called Achron, but I just realised it's still in Alpha.

The little girl is taking all of this surprisingly well so I take it this must be a common enough occurrence. Does this mean that Erin has two fancy rats now?

llagrok:
Donnie Darko :D

Damn, ninja'd! I was going to say, are the lyrics just "Mad World" or a Donnie Darko reference?

And I would SO play Chronopoly. Excellent comic.

WTF! So Erin's dead? The humanity! Oh and btw yes I want that hotel.

Wait what? By the rules of time traveling this cannot happen.

Swaki:
Aww, at first i just thought it was a terrible comic, but people seem to really like it, i guess i just didn't get it, or everyone but me is wrong, yeah that must be it.

Nah, you're not alone. Sad to say but I haven't been feeling this comic for a while now. It feels to me like it kinda went off the rails when it stopped being about a games critic and just became random Erin-centred stuff.

But that's just one opinion and if, as it looks, a lot of the readers do enjoy it, then I'll happily shut up and let them enjoy it.

ksn0va:
WTF! So Erin's dead? The humanity! Oh and btw yes I want that hotel.

I highly doubt she's dead forever, this isn't a comic with continuity.

Deathlyphil:

Scrumpmonkey:
You should have just killed hitler, i think we all know how good of an idea THAT was **Glares at Einstein**.

[plugs ear] There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3.

Also: so if the Allies win in RA1, then it leads to RA2....... and not only does Kane "not appear", the Meteorite containing the Tiberium doesn't "appear" and crash land in Italy, either? I think there is absolutely no point in making CnC make sense. Let's just remember them for what they were. SIX (Dawn, RA1, Sun, RA2, Wars, Generals...THAT'S IT.....There WERE no others!) wacky but great games.

I don't do denial with much style, no. [goes back to chanting]

wooty:
Unfortunately, the children of steam crashed to desktop, all data was lost. *ba-dumsh* Im here all week folks!

Booo! Your Jokes are bad and you should feel bad!

GrizzlerBorno:

[plugs ear] There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3 There was no Red Alert 3.

Also: so if the Allies win in RA1, then it leads to RA2....... and not only does Kane "not appear", the Meteorite containing the Tiberium doesn't "appear" and crash land in Italy, either? I think there is absolutely no point in making CnC make sense. Let's just remember them for what they were. SIX (Dawn, RA1, Sun, RA2, Wars, Generals...THAT'S IT.....There WERE no others!) wacky but great games.

I don't do denial with much style, no. [goes back to chanting]

I Concur sir, there was no RA2 or RA3 or else the story makes no sense...

Dibs on the time bending thimble. Now i'll be able to travel through time, and protect my thumb from needles.

When people run in circles it's a very very... Maaaaadwoooooooorld. Maaaaaaadwoooooooorld. Maaaaaaadwoooooooorld.

OT: So... Is she dead forever or just for a little bit? How the heck are you going to write yourselves out of this pickle?

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: Do Not Past Go...

We have already apologized for the pun.

Read Full Article

So, I read the title, figured it was a typo, read the comic, reread the title and cringed... You aren't allowed to speak for a week, the next two comics need to just being the characters staring out at us, that is your punishment.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)