Trailers: Crysis 2 Progression Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Crysis 2 Progression Trailer

A glimpse of some of the progression and customization of your personal nanosuit in Crysis 2's multiplayer.

Watch Video

Eehhh, I love Crysis but besides the actual nano-suite this is nothing that hasnt been done before. Does it look like its going to be done better? We'll see.

Hmm, as much as they say its another generation it seems like they reworded perks and took the Oblivion style of leveling skills. Not a bad idea, I just don't think its as revolutionary as they claim.

Omega Hunter 9:
Hmm, as much as they say its another generation it seems like they reworded perks and took the Oblivion style of leveling skills. Not a bad idea, I just don't think its as revolutionary as they claim.

Well it's spun in a way I haven't seen a lot in FPS. Besides Halo:Reach and its armour abilities, though they didn't level.

It sounds interesting. And when I say interesting the idea does. The narrator himself sounds like he's bored to death already.

Alright well that looks cool

Unless they find a way for newer members enter shallow waters (possibly with ranking rooms) it sounds like this will be a HEAVILY unbalanced game. Especially with the master cloaking abilities.
Though if you added an Engineer class (like in TF2) you could balance it a little, but only in team matches, not in free-for-all. I'm reeeealy leery of this game now that I've seen this.

Looks like COD with nano suits. Seriously, everything they described seemed like perks to me.

Man this looks awesome.
I dont hink this will be like COD at all, apart from the killstreaks and perk things. Yeah this looks good, i mean the single player alone looks fantastic and this multiplayer looks jazzy.
But sure, it looks great.

WARNING: GAME COMPARISON AHEAD!

The unlocks in Crysis 2 (Like those in TF2) allow for hundreds of playstyles so there is something for everyone. The advanced cloak and tracking abilities already piss off thousands of people as the Spy in Team Fortress 2, the "direct approach" style gameplay with huge health and damage already exists as the Heavy, the Sniper is self explanatory, the speed and agility-related unlocks are represented by the Scout, the demolitions expert is the demoman (The ones missing are the soldier, the medic the pyro and the engineer). The only gameplay difference (Not counting the unique art style) between TF2 and Crysis 2 is that you can't change gameplay styles in real time in TF2, you have to go back to spawn and change classes and/or weapons there whereas in Crysis 2 you can do this (To a certain extent) while still on the battlefield making for an extremely dynamic multiplayer experience.

two things:

1- if some one pushes a car at me can i push it back at him

2-this is not like a perk system, from what i gather this is a custom tailoring of supporting skills to the player's tactical preference, so i say not a bad idea.

and stop with the COD reference people, we get it

dogstile:
Looks like COD with nano suits. Seriously, everything they described seemed like perks to me.

And thats what it is. I played the beta(or demo, whatever the 360 thing was called), and it was just that. Call of Duty. Only you could cloak at will, jump high, and slide. Needless to say, I was highly unimpressed.

Well, at first I thought "oh right, another FPS copying COD's perks", but then I kept watching and it seems interesting enough to avoid comparissons with COD.

BUT, now I can compare it to TF2 and Brink, except that it lacks a medic, wich isn't necessary because of the healing proppreties of the suit (aka, removing blood from your face when shot) and that it lacks an engineer, but using all other abilities in real time would more than make up for it. Who needs a rocket turret when you can kick a car back at it?.

Just wondering, the cars will respawn?, because I can see a bit of a shortage with the cars being kicked around quite a lot.

In 60 hours to the video...so in about 48 hours you max out? That is a bit quicker then CoD.

2 skills you will need: 1) sniping, 2) cloak back stab. If you don't know what I meant, think of Hat Fortress 2, think about what will happen when you give the spy a rifle.

This thing is so cool that the video is broken. Just saying.

Anyways, am I the only one that went from being pretty excited about this game to meh in 0 to 60?

It looks like an amazing distraction until something better ((TES Skyrim)) comes out.

60 hours of gameplay to get to maximum rank? Is that also to get all the unlocks? And this is suppose to be a selling point? That's not a point in the game's favor, that's just shameless padding of the game's length.

Also it seems to be a LOT like CoD, and almost nothing like the original Crysis, a game which I thought was pretty good, unlike the highly-overrated CoD. They may be able to improve on CoD's formula, but the problem is that they're starting with CoDs formula in the first place.

The singleplayer might still be good though.

Sorry Free Radical... but that looks really flawed, as in not very friendly to people first playing...

My opponents will learn to respect my suit!

Irridium:

dogstile:

And thats what it is. I played the beta(or demo, whatever the 360 thing was called), and it was just that. Call of Duty. Only you could cloak at will, jump high, and slide. Needless to say, I was highly unimpressed.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Now I know not to waste my money.

Omega Hunter 9:

I agree, but it still does look like a pretty neat idea. And hell, since it is dumbed down for consoles, Ill actually be able to play the fucking thing...

Well I loved the demo.
Are the upgrades a bit like COD's perks? Sure, I guess.
But the ability to change the suit's use on the fly, from stealth to armor, was just awesome. The use of energy required to do those things was quite balanced, especially considering that sprinting, and high jumping ALSO uses energy, so nobody was 'overpowered' in the demo.

I will say I loved the MP of the bug-ridden demo more then I loved the best COD MP. Why?
Because the way people traveled around the level was dynamic! You could grab ledges, jump on top of buildings, and actually move around the level, rather then just through it. If I look down an alley in COD, I know that they can only come down that alley. In Crysis 2, they can leap up on top of the building, run above me, drop down behind me, and snap my neck. That is way more interesting.

I'll be looking to get this one pretty quick after launch, if not day 1.
I had a blast with the demo, and can't wait to play the full title.

I'm not much of a multiplayer guy these days, but the video looked super sweet. Perhaps I'll give the MP side of the game a try once Crysis 2 is released...

Meh, the skill concept appears so generic, yet imbalanced (however, not sure about the balance part).
Graphics look pretty sweet though.

Baby Tea:
Well I loved the demo.
Are the upgrades a bit like COD's perks? Sure, I guess.
But the ability to change the suit's use on the fly, from stealth to armor, was just awesome. The use of energy required to do those things was quite balanced, especially considering that sprinting, and high jumping ALSO uses energy, so nobody was 'overpowered' in the demo.

I will say I loved the MP of the bug-ridden demo more then I loved the best COD MP. Why?
Because the way people traveled around the level was dynamic! You could grab ledges, jump on top of buildings, and actually move around the level, rather then just through it. If I look down an alley in COD, I know that they can only come down that alley. In Crysis 2, they can leap up on top of the building, run above me, drop down behind me, and snap my neck. That is way more interesting.

I'll be looking to get this one pretty quick after launch, if not day 1.
I had a blast with the demo, and can't wait to play the full title.

Honestly this. That demo had to be some of the best fun I had in a while. I'm honestly looking forward to this, It'll probably be a get-on-launch, maybe even a preorder.

It is also the prettiest game I have ever seen, and that isn't that big of a deal, but gee...so pretty.

Well, that looks pretty darn epic. Although it did seem like most of those weapon modules were ripped straight from CoD.

OT: Did anyone else notice that the trailer said "Partial Nudity" at the start? How the hell are they gonna fit "Partial Nudity" in a game about guys in super-suits shooting each other in the face?

doggie015:
WARNING: GAME COMPARISON AHEAD!

The unlocks in Crysis 2 (Like those in TF2) allow for hundreds of playstyles so there is something for everyone. The advanced cloak and tracking abilities already piss off thousands of people as the Spy in Team Fortress 2, the "direct approach" style gameplay with huge health and damage already exists as the Heavy, the Sniper is self explanatory, the speed and agility-related unlocks are represented by the Scout, the demolitions expert is the demoman (The ones missing are the soldier, the medic the pyro and the engineer). The only gameplay difference (Not counting the unique art style) between TF2 and Crysis 2 is that you can't change gameplay styles in real time in TF2, you have to go back to spawn and change classes and/or weapons there whereas in Crysis 2 you can do this (To a certain extent) while still on the battlefield making for an extremely dynamic multiplayer experience.

Wrong games.

Crysis 2 will be more like Battlefield. You play the class, you get points for doing class-specific actions (sniping people, destroying with rocket launcher/mines, repairing, feeding people with ammo, healing and reviving), you get unlocks for weapons, upgrades for your character, and also ranks.

I like it. I am probably going to pre-order the game, since I liked Crysis multiplayer, but it was kinda lack-luster, like CS with nanosuits and nothing much. Can't wait for PC demo.

I kind of like this idea. By making everyone overpowered, it balances it. Plus the fact that you get to choose what upgrades you get by what way you play would really help for assigning roles in clans.

Oh yeah, and it's the sexiest game I've ever seen. I'm pretty pumped for this one.

I think it looks pretty ace. I'm also a bit worried about how new players might get stomped a lot by more experienced ones though. I wonder how that'll balance out.

Death from above aoe punch, the new 'nade? :O

That video did look fairly sweet to me. I'll be buying Crysis 2 anyway, might as well check out the MP.

Why does that sound like they are trying to sell me a time share?!

This is how the first Crysis should look like... they are at last using the nano-suit full abilities...

O look its Halo meets Call of Duty...

Running and gunning for me!

To be honest I don't care about the multiplayer. I'm getting Crysis for the single player and the mp will just be a neat addon to play after I'm done with the story.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here