Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.3: This Future

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

foxyexplosion:
Heh pretty funny stuff. I love the pokemon bit, it seemed like you guys had fun with that scene too.

However, I take one issue with your video. I doubt people would be using glowsticks so carelessly in this post-apocalyptic future. It's not like there are just warehouses on warehouses of the little things. Maybe you're assuming that it is a top secret, high class mission or that each pocket of civilization has men dedicated to the fabrication of low illumination glowsticks but I just could never justify using 4, assuming maybe I have 12 total on me, on one little room. He's lucky the rest of the house wasn't just as dark. He would have gotten nowhere. I am mostly just shocked by your flagrant disregard in using glowsticks. Shocked.

I thought one would be enough, and then we kept adding until you could actually see my face.

*the more you know*

"*Boom*"
"End of show"

[me dead]

This series is so awesome. Keep up the excellent work guys.

Funny thing is that when he said "you won't believe me if I tell you", I thought it was actually going to be something pretty reasonable.

Best episode so far, and that's just for the pokemon card bit.

well I gess it's no different then having soda bottle caps as currency, so I'll bight.

FogBird:
What was the last word he said? mind? Didn't hear it well enough...

I think it was "Ryan", but I didn't quite catch it either...

my only complaint is 5 minutes is too short

Cain_Zeros:

FogBird:

I think it was "Ryan", but I didn't quite catch it either...

Actually I'm positive he said mine. Hang on

mikeyface:

I thought one would be enough, and then we kept adding until you could actually see my face.

*the more you know*

Excuse me but did you say mine at the end there?

Goddamn it! Chicken wings, man! CHICKEN WINGS! And you don't raise your shoulder to your ear to aim! Bad form, bad form! Lower your elbow, don't raise your shoulder.

Wait, this is just a web show? ...No firearms experience? He's NOT actually from the future?

Oh. Well then, carry on.

EDIT: Talesi Weireris sounds like an interesting name.

mikeyface:
Episode 1.3: This Future

Glimpse into the future that Anthony is trying to prevent. In this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony does his best to understand just how desperate and doomed that future actually will be. Also, Mikey reveals a dark secret about what he finds in their house and explains the monetary system of the future!

Watch Video

Also I just wanted to say that while I'm loving this show so far I just need to say at some points you guys talk to fast to understand.

The last word is "mine."

NOOOOO! WHY DID I GET RID OF MY SHINY ZAPDOS?!?!?!

Prof. Monkeypox:
So, the world ended because of a war for Pokemon cards?
Ok, I can accept that Pokemon cards could become currency (though, if that's the case I don't see why they didn't just print more and make an economy of it).

But, where do the demons come in? I thought the world ended because of a war with the demons.

About the cards...

If they printed more, it would lead to inflation, and probably make them useless. Happens with every form of currency, make too much and it becomes worthless.

TIME PARADOX!!!

Irridium:

Prof. Monkeypox:
So, the world ended because of a war for Pokemon cards?
Ok, I can accept that Pokemon cards could become currency (though, if that's the case I don't see why they didn't just print more and make an economy of it).

But, where do the demons come in? I thought the world ended because of a war with the demons.

About the cards...

If they printed more, it would lead to inflation, and probably make them useless. Happens with every form of currency, make too much and it becomes worthless.

I'm not saying they print an unlimited supply, just enough that people stop killing each other to get some (or, at least not as much), the same way we print money without too much inflation, and the world doesn't end over the scarcity.

As I said, I don't have a problem with an economy based on Pokemon cards (it's feasible), I just don't see the world going crazy over it.

Also, my bigger question is with the demons...

Prof. Monkeypox:
[quote="Irridium" post="6.265121.10073874"][quote="Prof. Monkeypox" post="6.265121.10071575"]So, the world ended because of a war for Pokemon cards?

Demon questions will be answered.

Those Darned double posts! Curse you fickle internets! I will have my revenge!

Loving the tone of this series so far. A little bit of serious plot, a well-executed joke or two, and a nice little fight scene that looks like you guys really enjoyed shooting it, and turns out pretty well. I'm definitely looking forward to more of Anthony Saves the World!

Nice Borderlands Bandit mask cameo, fit in pretty well actually.

mikeyface:

Prof. Monkeypox:
[quote="Irridium" post="6.265121.10073874"][quote="Prof. Monkeypox" post="6.265121.10071575"]So, the world ended because of a war for Pokemon cards?

Demon questions will be answered.

Well, I figured as much. I just thought it was odd to introduce this Pokemon card sub-plot when there's an existing threat already set up as perfectly capable of ending the world.
Unless the two are related somehow.
And that's where it all falls apart for me...

The Pokemon cards aren't a sub-plot. That's a joke.

Me DYING is a subplot.

I really enjoy the mix of humor and serious action.
I'm looking forward to more! Keep it up!

OMG You die!??!!?!?!! *ducks*

Good series, but the sound is weird. Can't hear half the lines.

FogBird:

Mine. As in, he saw his dead body in the future.

I love this show, it just has those moments, those very special moments that just make me laugh so much. There is room for improvement but it's drawing me in regardless :3

Enjoying the show, but I have a complaint. I had to crank the volume up to max to make out what you guys are saying then the gunfire started and I had to scrabble to turn it down before I woke up the whole building.

Otherwise; good fun!

I couldn't understand half the things they were saying. What was that last word at the end?

Father Time:

FogBird:

Mine. As in, he saw his dead body in the future.

Now the real problem if he saw his own dead body in the future(and keeping in mind how fast a human decomposes(or we hit another sub-plot). The question now is can Mikey live that long so his future self(that is his past)can find his own dead body or at any time in the past he returns to the future(what still is the past for his future/past self).

Also how much time is there between eps 1 and 3 since (i know it was part of a joke) but the smashed table is replaced(replaced with a table that looks really like the one that was destroyed :) )

I am sorry to say it but i did not enjoy this show either, I mean I really tried to but there was WAYYYYYY to much brooding i mean like 2 min before something actually happens, now what i thought, was that we were going to get some character development, but no i learned pretty nothing about our characters. Then the jokes started and it would probably have been funny if not for the fact that it was impossible to make anything out, speaking at the same time is NOT a good idea when your trying to make a joke.

to put it into numbers i would give it in a scale from bad(1) to watchable(5), a mere 2.

Edit:
Just read that you were dying, and then i remebered the last sentence that i couldn't hear which sounded to me like "im gy", at the point i thought it was a joke where you almost give the audience some details but cut off right before you say it. The body still doesn't make any sense did you see yourself or what?...

This series is really starting to grow on me and of course I'd believe him that they're fighting over pokemon cards. When I was a kid, we always did that, so why not in the future as well? But 5 starmie cards?! Seriously now,what was he going to do with them?
Now I remember that I once threw all my pokemon cards away, I had so many of them and all that I have now, are all this worthless yu-gi-oh! cards. Throwing my pokemon cards away, was the worst financial move I've ever made.

Stupid series is stupid.

Well... If I'll be all too technical about the stuff in this show, I would rank this one as a 2/5 stars. Good thing the story is, well, something I do enjoy(Post-Apocalyptic stuff, even Apocalyptic stuff[Doomsday Arcade]).

GeorgW:
I totally saw that ending coming. But great episode and love the pokemon cards!!

I thought it would be the other dude's body.

Great episode, anyway.

Has anyone else mentioned how awesome the theme song is? Because it's fucking incredible.

-- Forums didn't reflect my post immediately, despite refreshing the page, so it is not my fault that I double-posted --

-- Still, I'll try to apologize for this extra space --

Awww crud, I wish I had a borderlands psycho mask....
Btw, good job on the episodes, this series is getting better and better each episode

Great series and I love it so far, but please make the episodes longer.
I want more.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or