Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.3: This Future

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the sound quality. The voices were really difficult to understand through a lot of the dialogue, and then the machine guns were way too loud if you tried to turn the volume up to compensate (which really didn't even help all that much in the understanding the voices department). Hopefully you'll get a better sound guy/improve the technique soon, enjoying the rest of the show.

Brilliant, sold on the series! the humor mixed with the drama is absolutely great. Also borderlands physco mask, awesome.

First off what a great show, I mean wow.
Now I've established I like it and I'm not trolling here's my issues with this (sorry if some one has already pointed this out):
There is no way pokemon cards would survive almost 170 years, especially if they where being used for currency.
Also discovering his own body doesn't make sense, I mean if he died trying to stop the end of the world he'd be skeleton, or at the least badly decomposed. And going back to die to send a message seems a bit extreme, why not just travel back and talk to himself?

Other than that total awesome , I especially like the idea that life's a paradox, just deal with it.

Yeah, there's a certain amount of "just go with it" to fully enjoying our show, I think. The Pokemon cards funny, but also they would be MOSTLY gone. So, I think it makes excellent currency.

And the body was supposed to be decomposed and disgusting. Which is why we focused on the shoes. If you'll note in the present timeline, I'm wearing the same shoes. We tried to highlight them in almost every shot, actually. To tie the two together.

I wish we had the body for a decaying disgusting body!

Huh... the only reason I know he said "mine" is deductive reasoning, the mic quality really isn't so good... besides which, if it's been 150+ years, how could he even recognise it as his? Was it mummified somehow?

Good thing he didn't touch it regardless...

How are you gentleman?
I like your show, I really do. I am intrigued, and I liked Anthony's HTSOLM? or whatevs it was so much, which by the way I saw on the personal rec of Teh Extrar Credorts dudes who are also awesome sauce, so big ups shouts outs, but there is a tiny buts and I don't mean butts.

Woops! Went all internet spak on you, sorry.

Yeah, so, even though I am hyped for more, I still can't HELP but compare this with The Escapist's two best fictions series so far, Doomsday Arcade and There Will Be Brawl. Just for the sake of comparing.

I feel that, after three episodes of either of those, we had gotten more plot movement and more comedy moments (granted both had kinda shaky starts).

Is that helpful? I kind of feel I want my comments to be helpful, but I haven't come up with anything helpful yet. Hm. Needs moar thought, needs moar ASTW.

TL;DR - yes please!

... and now that I've read the thread (sorry should do that first in future), I agree with the sound quality thing about hearing your voices clearly (oh my GOD did Doomsday Arcade suffer from that) but I couldn't give a carp about the reality of Pokemon cards surviving or whatever. It's a gag, a funny thing, maybe there'll be a later plot payoff or maybe not, either way it just doesn't matter. It makes as much sense as bottlecaps being currency, so nyer, it's funny.

Again: thanks for your super efforts passed prezident fuchsia, and may Teh Escapist never cancel you.

Yeah, I certainly read all the technical problems. With each episode I really try to tighten up and learn something new. With episode 3 we really concentrated on clean, clear, visuals.

Episode 4 has a big focus on scrubbing down all the dialog, but I think I might upgrade the mic soon, if I can. It's a RODE. Anyway, it's a lot clearer.

Also, polishing up my after effects skills.

Just tell me if you feel like we're not improving with each episode :D

Aw man, ten years ago I would have been filthy rich in the future.

Anthony still talks too fast at times! I can't understand him.... Especially when he is facing away from the camera...

These are getting better and better. Also, they didn't say that Pokemon cards caused the end of the world. They say that the surviving generation needed some form of currency so they fight amongst themselves for what cards remain. Surviving being the key word as in something cause most people to be dead.

YES !!!!!

I knew there was a reason I held on to all my old Pokemon cards (serious I still have like 5 binder full in my closet)

MY CHILDREN SHALL LIVE LIKE KINGS

all kidding aside this is an awesome show and I can't wait for more.

I've seen three episodes and failed to see much in terms of critique in any comment thread. I guess I am one of the few people that don't find this particularly good.

Few things I don't like:
-Awkward division of the script into episodes.
-(Obviously due to the small nature of the project) It's only about a dude shooting another dude. Feels empty.
-Trying to look epic without actually being epic. Which leads to...
-Effects (sound+visuals) could be much better as proven by Doomsday and Knight's.

-Also, future looks suspiciously same. Let's skip the discussion about reality (it has time travel, ninjas, demons- that is fine) and go straight to the point. Look at the progress that the architecture did in the past 30 years. 167 years in the future ought to have different doorknobs at least.

I will keep on watching as I still don't find it as unbearable as The Legends of The Seeker and I bet it used much less money.

Opinions, opinions. Speaking of which, to voice mine, I'm loving this series.

I'm glad you cut the fight scenes down a bit, and there's a clear contrast between the present and the future visually, so that was all good. I'm not sure where the issue with the sound's are coming from; granted, some dialogue and sound effects could use a little bit of volume control, but it doesn't seem like anything major.

Can't wait for next episode!

I feel sorry for Marine Evans. Being looted is never fun...

BTW, the dust cover on your rifle is supposed to be open when you're firing.

Apart from the seemingly ever-present technical flaws like the one above, I thoroughly enjoy your show; a fresh and greatly entertaining addition to the Escapist. I admire your ability to make such a high quality show even on a supposedly low budget. Acting, plot, props, effects, lighting and sound are all up to a standard I would not have expected. I look forward to see you continually develop and refine your show.

Keep up the great work!

Second time I've seen this ep and I still love it. Thanks for the laugh guys. The pokemon card thing cracks me up.

Dare I add that I am freaking excited for an ep I haven't seen next week!

Ok. Fairly interesting episode ending actually. Time travel fun stuff. The body thing kind of reminded me of '12 Monkeys'.
But wait... He found his own body after 167 years from the 'now' timeline in the 'future' timeline laying there just like that and it was in a state that made it possible for him to notice it was him. Cause that's the most obvious thing that anyone would think even considering he finds a 167 year old body wearing clothes that looks like yours. That ain't a guy dressed like me, it has to BE me. Because that's the only way I can think of that he could use to identify a body by just looking at it after it being exposed for 150+ years.
But enough of me being annoying...
Wait wait wait...
So how has the world ended if it still exists and there are people running around it?
I'm not expecting the movie to have great effects or props, or anything like this if it's a low-budget series like this, but for Spaghetti-Monster sake, at least make the plot not have major logical holes making me "Wait, what?" while watching.
Apart from that, it still stands up for itself, yet it felt kind of too short - not much really happened here this time.
And Pokemon cards made me lol.

So the world is going to be saved by a rabbi. Interesting.
Waiting for moar

I knew I started buying pokemon cards again for a reason :D I'm gonna be a rich man.

So you died, yet you didn't...so you did...but you won't!

wsmieszek:

-Also, future looks suspiciously same. Let's skip the discussion about reality (it has time travel, ninjas, demons- that is fine) and go straight to the point. Look at the progress that the architecture did in the past 30 years. 167 years in the future ought to have different doorknobs at least.

But it is 167 years after the end of the world. Eps 1 tells us the now is 47 days until the end of the world. So the real question is not why does the house still looks the same but more why is it still in such a good condition after 167 years of probably not being cared for anymore.

mikeyface:
Glimpse into the future that Anthony is trying to prevent. In this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony does his best to understand just how desperate and doomed that future actually will be. Also, Mikey reveals a dark secret about what he finds in their house and explains the monetary system of the future!

You were right, this episode was way better. Loved the "5 Starmies". Also the super special awesome plot twist.

As others have said, the sound needs to be fixed. But otherwise, this is still looking promising. I will say that the whole masked gunman thing is getting a bit repetitive though.

I knew Anthony Burch had an Ego on him but God damn!

I wonder if Mikey is Berzerker, Siren, Soldier, or Hunter...

I'm leaning towards the last two but I haven't seen him whip out a sentry gun yet.

I have a feeling that the demon master is Ashley

Where did that sweet Borderlands Raider Mask come from?
I would love to know how they made it. I've been dying to a prop project for next Dragon*Con.

mikeyface:
Episode 1.3: This Future

Glimpse into the future that Anthony is trying to prevent. In this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony does his best to understand just how desperate and doomed that future actually will be. Also, Mikey reveals a dark secret about what he finds in their house and explains the monetary system of the future!

Watch Video

Why would you crack that many glow-sticks and then throw em all away? Glow sticks don't come cheap! They're a Pikachu-a-piece in the future! >:(

OT: Great video. Could've used a bit more editing in After effects in that fight scene. It still looks too "pretend cowboys and indians" to me.

From the description:

"It takes the best aspects of science fiction and effortlessly mutates them into something that cannot be deemed "science" or "fiction.""

I beg to differ. This is science fiction with a VERY interesting spin. To attempt and muddle terminology for literary effect, however, is unnecessary.

unacomn:
Also, the Borderlands dude should have said "Heyooo" before getting shot.

STEEEVE NOOOOOOOO! HE HAD 18 CHILDREN YOU MONSTER!!!

But yeah what the hell was he going to do with that many starmies?

Anyway can't wait to see where this show is going.

rokkolpo:
So you died, yet you didn't...so you did...but you won't!

He knows that he may die in the future, which will be the past. He hopes that the past can be changed, so he does not die the same way in the future.

Anthony birch of HAWP for the win.

GeorgW:
I totally saw that ending coming. But great episode and love the pokemon cards!!

In fairness I thought the end word was goingto be 'yours' not 'mine'

Also, this is a great series, really loving the deadpan delievery and almost schizophenic nature of mikey!

My favorite part of this series is the search tags. One of them says neck ties.

Is it me, or do these guys need to speak up?
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun series, but I'm having a real hard time hearing them talk.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here