The Vampire Spectrum

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Vampire Spectrum

How do famous vampires rank on the scary-sexy matrix?

Read Full Article

I just have one question:

I agree that Spike should be closer to the right than Angel (though Angelus should have a separate entry; and what about pre- and post-brain chip entries for Spike for that matter?) - but putting Angel so much higher on the sexy scale is all sorts of wrong.

Bloodrayne, Blood, Kain, Vampire Hunter D, Tourette, Alucard, Jurgen...

C'mon guys, these are GAME vampires you're missing.

Does Blade count? Also the Uber-vamps from Buffy were pretty freaky, as was the master.

No Bella Lugosi? Thumbs down from me.

Nice matrix. What u have there it certainly fits :D In much agreement.

The_root_of_all_evil:

This! No sign of Konami's SotN Dracula and Alucard is just ridiculous. This may be a "multimedia" site now, but it's gaming first and foremost.

The entries that are on there are fine, they're just a bit ridiculous in light of the number of VG vamps out there.

first switch Spike and Angle
Nosferatu should be too far to the right to appear on the spectrum.

And I have to nip this in the bud right now, Edward can walk around in sunlight with out bursting into flames. HE IS NOT A VAMPIRE!!!

Bill but no Eric? Shame on you. Eric is probably the coolest Vampire on television right now, although he did go a little soft in the 3rd season.

seriously y does everyone think this is suppose to be some comprehensive listing of all vampires. Stop it. this is what the escapist staff came up with. Agree or disagree but quit QQ'ing about how they dont have a vampire you thought of D:<

Better yet come up with your own matrix so we can QQ about your lack of certain vampires!

/rant

I agree with you Mikey Noferatu is scarier than what he is credited for come to think of it.

Mikeyfell:
And I have to nip this in the bud right now, Edward can walk around in sunlight with out bursting into flames. HE IS NOT A VAMPIRE!!!

To be fair, so could Dracula in the novel. He couldn't be at the top of his game, for sure, but he could do it. He didn't sparkle though.

I assume Alucard isn't on the list simply because they tried putting him on the list once... but he summarily drained all the other foolish contenders to vampirism, turned Edward into a codpiece, all before summarily slaughtering the Escapist staff on a whim and stealing the blood of the entire population of North Carolina. Boring Invincible Hero, yes. CrazyFuckingAwesomeLargeHamMcBadass? Yes.

OT: I'd actually switch Nosferatu and the Thirty days of night folks, those vamps always creeped me out the most....

HankMan:
WHERE THE FUCK IS BELA LUGOSI'S DRACULA?

What he said and..

The_root_of_all_evil:

And what they said.

My favourite fact about the Queen of the Damned; She was in the movie for about 3 minutes and all of that was in the trailer because she died.

Another good fact is she called herself "Ashanti" proving herself to know jack about the tribes of Africa. The ashanti were one of the tribes deepest in the trade side of the slave trade.

What? No Malkavians? :(

Why on earth is the count on the Not-Sexy side of the scale? He's the sexiest damn vampire ever born?

this is awesome!

HankMan:

We had it and I personally demanded it to be Christopher Lee instead of Bela Lugosi because I like him better :P

Mikeyfell:
first switch Spike and Angle

craddoke:
I agree that Spike should be closer to the right than Angel (though Angelus should have a separate entry; and what about pre- and post-brain chip entries for Spike for that matter?) - but putting Angel so much higher on the sexy scale is all sorts of wrong.

Essentially this. Were someone to request the name of an attractive vampire, I know whose name would be on my lips.

That looks like a poster of my family. Bunny and all.

BULL. Count Chocula is WAY sexier than Edward.

You need way more than that. Blade for one. Also the guy who played Dracula in Blade 3 wasn't bad either (y'know, the one from prison break). Also Triple H in Blade 3 is worth mentioning just because of his sheer ridiculousness.

Also, you mention Bill from True Blood, but not Eric?!!! What's up with that?!!

Vampire Viking. 'nuff said.

But I can understand not including video game vampires, there's just too many of them.

Oh, come on. Count Duckula is totally scary.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Actually I would preffer Hellsing Alucard to Castlevania Alucard (because y'know he actually IS Dracula and all, just with his name backwards).

BobisOnlyBob:

The_root_of_all_evil:

This! No sign of Konami's SotN Dracula and Alucard is just ridiculous. This may be a "multimedia" site now, but it's gaming first and foremost.

The entries that are on there are fine, they're just a bit ridiculous in light of the number of VG vamps out there.

Speaking of Hellsing, where the hell is Seras Victoria on there? And I guess Alucard too, if you're into men. I don't remember if they're missing the girl from Underworld or not, Kate Beckinsale is that actor's name, but I haven't seen it in a very long time. There's also the vampire girl from Blade 2.

Mad props for including mitchell from being human, although he technically isn't a "pure" vampire as he can walk in sunlight. More points for having him right in the middle of the "sexy/scary/not scary" spectrum.

I think Lestat should be higher on the sexy spectrum for sure. I mean... yeah. Hot. Still, can't complain about Bill being so high up there. Daaaaamn.

Why is the bunny rated higher on the sexy scale than a human and about the same as Christopher lee, heck i can somewhat understand the muppets and cartoons, at least that's legal, but a rabbit really?.

WHERE ALUCARD?
Also Dakota Fanning is too close to the right

Secret world leader (shhh):
Mad props for including mitchell from being human, although he technically isn't a "pure" vampire as he can walk in sunlight. More points for having him right in the middle of the "sexy/scary/not scary" spectrum.

Dracula could walk around in sunlight too. All the Being Human vampires can, it just irritates them and doesn't keep them warm rather than incinerating them.
I'd have rated Mitchell a bit scarier to be honest. Though maybe you haven't seen series 2 yet...

I demand both Leslie Nielsen and the count *a lot* higher on the sexy scale. Also, Alucard and Abel Nightroad probably not on there for being too far on the right, and too far up respectively :o

Jonathan Frid's Barnabas Collins may not seem sexy nowadays, but he was considered quite the hawtness back in the day...

Very happy to see that you guys didn't forget Vampi!

Really? how not...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or