Trailers: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters Trailer

Several robots explode in this trailer for Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.

Watch Video

Nice trailer, but doesn't really give us much of anything to go on. Except smooth CG.

I want this to be good but what are the odds?

awe thats not fair to say the manhunters gone bad. They just considered everything you did as a crime, i.e. Hero punches Villain in face while Villain robs a bank, Hero is charged with assualt, and villian charge with bank robbery. XD

DTWolfwood:
awe thats not fair to say the manhunters gone bad. They just considered everything you did as a crime, i.e. Hero punches Villain in face while Villain robs a bank, Hero is charged with assualt, and villian charge with bank robbery. XD

It was more that they didn't see shades of grey. The rules are the rules regardless of circumstance. They did kind of get screwed over by the council though.

manythings:

DTWolfwood:

It was more that they didn't see shades of grey. The rules are the rules regardless of circumstance. They did kind of get screwed over by the council though.

im suddenly reminded of Geth vs Quarians from ME. guess its a very common plot ^-^

At least they could have finished the oath.

Did anyone notice one of the aliens making a very human looking minigun? They didn't really pay much attention to detail in the trailer...

Let's hope they don't get painted yellow!

Guess those manhunters forgot they can absorb power rings.

I couldn't help but giggle at "Rise of the Manhunters."

VitusPrime:
Did anyone notice one of the aliens making a very human looking minigun? They didn't really pay much attention to detail in the trailer...

That "alien" was Sinestro and so what?

On the one hand its a movie tie-in. Which suggests suckage.
On the other, if it actually lets you construct a minigun with your Ring like Sinestro did...

Personally i think it look bad so far... Just my opinion

So, how much do you suppose it costs to fire that minigun for... never mind.

VitusPrime:

I did like the minigun part.

Sure, it looked human made (which is a common falacy in many green lantern comics), but at least it was more original that the "shoot green beam from your ring" tactic that most other characters stick to.

Then again, this is a movie tie-in, which means little chances of being actually good.

Odds are it'll suck...but I kind of hope it doesnt. Im a fan of the Green lantern, and I'd hate hate hate to have to dismiss it, but I guess it's inevitable. Stupid movie tie-in game formula.

Wow... how generic...

Almost as bad as the BF3 teaser...

dududf:
Wow... how generic...

Almost as bad as the BF3 teaser...

God, don't remind me. I almost fucking cried when I saw it.

Also, this Green Lantern mess is going to be a colossal failure. Maybe not financially, but in quality.

it looks kinda....easy.

This is going to hurt,is'nt it?

Hrm... well at least they seem to have the DC-lore well in hand, unsurprising.

Well it's CGI trailer that doesn't say much about the game (of course) but I can't see it working. How can you make a weapon that's directly controlled by your mind emulate through a gamepad? Unless they gave you a Zork-like freedom to type in anything you want to do and... yeah right. Anyway, it's a movie tie-in, correct? There shouldn't be much discussion on whether it will turn out to be a great game or not.

I don't like Hal's voice or Killowag's for that matter.

While I cringe in the corner waiting for the biggest disappointment in the gaming year so far, please go and make a trailer with some ACTUAL game play.

KoolAidSoup:
So, how much do you suppose it costs to fire that minigun for... never mind.

You did well!

OT: Yup, looks like another weekend rental. I'll gladly play a superhero game, but only a select few are worth spending more than 5 Euros on.

Sadly I have to predict that this game will be a big disappointment.

Firstly, the *only* movie-tie-in game that I've played and enjoyed was Wolverine Uncaged on PS3, and even that was fairly bland (read repetitive).

Secondly, the Green Lantern was always going to be a tough one to translate into a game because of the nature of his powers. He can make literally ANYTHING with his ring (colour notwithstanding), but what's the bet that in the game they'll just give you power beams and a big green hammer to use?

Don' get me wrong guys, I *really* want this to be good, but considering all they showed us here was a CGI cut-scene...well let's just say that I'm not holding my breath.

Oh God, something else just occurred to me:
Anyone else thinking that the only use for a power-battery in this will be as a save-point, shop or something equally lame just so that they can cram it in? If I have to listen to the oath EVERY damn time I save my game I may go postal.

Movie tie-in game, move along, nothing to see here. Minus another half hearted train-wreck.

I really want this not to suck.

To be honest the most annoying thing about a GL game is the powers are a little too unlimited..What I mean is your going to be able to think of something that would be more useful that the game allows you to create.

I'll reserve judgment on the quality of the game till I see the actual game.

What stuck out to me though was Hal shot one of the manhunters down and THEN asked if they were robots. Seems like he used lethal force a bit too quickly.

So those are Manhunters! For the longest time I didn't know who they where when mentioned in the comics and was also quite confused when John Jones was called the Marshin Manhunter

-M

LogicNProportion:
Let's hope they don't get painted yellow!

It depends if it is post Paralax or pre-paralax (I couldn't watch atm, in class). If post Paralax the Corp has learned how to overcome the weakness to Yellow. New recruits learn it before they are sent out to do their thing.

Doesn't sell me on the game, but I do like Kilowog's voice. I hope he has the same voice actor in the movie.

I actually thought this was a part of the DCU game. Then I was disappointed when I found it is probably going to be crappy movie tie in game.

I loved Kilowogg's VA. He's a little bit rumblier than the DCAU version, which works well. (Although it may be the same guy, just with a different set of audio effects.) Also, Sinestro creating a minigun entertained me greatly. Here's hoping the game doesn't suck! Or, at the very least, that it doesn't suck as bad as the Superman Returns game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here