Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam #2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Did you really think that would stop me, Gabe? I represent IGN. The world's most important PC game is no more relevant to me than the world's most important Virtual Boy game.

Pardon me if I'm stealing the jokes you were leaving for next week. ;)

Arawn.Chernobog:

therandombear:
Slowbro could use some assistance...

Please, You think a pitiful Wobbuffet will help you, Bro? BEHOLD, GABE'S DIGLETT!

O__O....HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!....That explains so much and so little at the same time.

Nautical Honors Society:
The Slowbros are the best I hope lance doesn't die.

Thats Chad bro.

Canid117:

Nautical Honors Society:
The Slowbros are the best I hope lance doesn't die.

Thats Chad bro.

Your right it is Chad but Erin does call him Lance in the comic.
OT I think this is going to be epic but if it ends the same way as watch men i'll be pissed. I mean it would be a good ending I'd just be mad like i was upset with watchmen's ending.

Even if the Slowbros do seem to be shameless rip offs of NIS's Prinny routine, I am indeed cheering for them. Sadly, being a Watchmen analogy I'm afraid we know how this will end.

Though of course not being the comic writer my sense of humor would probably have the Slobro simply pull out a gun, shoot him, and then instead of letting him roll over and show "oh gee he really did catch a bullet" saying "I saw this movie once..." before shooting him like 40x while he's still down.... which is the sensible thing that nobody seems to remember to do in any horror movie where it would make a differance.

... besides, if Gabe loses this, then any hope for "Episode 3" vanishes for those that care. As a result we can pretty much predict how this will continue.

The look on Newell's face as he... God....
Genius.... Words...
I don't have any...

Epic Standoff!
...can't wait for the next installment :D

In next comic:
"Don't TAzE me, bro!"

Am i the only one who doesn't get it ?

I have never once laughed that the whole, "Come at me Bro" meme until now.

Well played Clerks. Well played.

And lo, there came a time, when the phrase, "Come at me bro" and a pic of a muscular pokemon became a meme. And Nobody really minded.

no! stop bro!.............ITS A TRAP!

Gabe looks like Spiderman 2's Doctor Octopus...
NO SLOWBRO YOU CAN'T WIN
RUUUUUUN

GO GET HIM BRO!

Hopefully in the meantime those two 'dick joke' guys are circling around for a surprise attack

deth2munkies:
When the hell did Gabe Newell turn into this guy:

Or, you know, maybe he never turned into Alucard and instead became Adrian Veidt; the guy who's actually being parodied.

I must say the Critical Miss comic's have gotten a lot better in the past few weeks. I hope they continue to ride along this new trend.

You wish Gabe was that epic.

Is it wrong of me to be supporting gaben? Damn PC fanboyism I suffer from...

Isn't Lance the one who died, bro?

I'm just gonna put my hand up and politely say that I'm not a fan of this story arc. The idea of a digital distribution service causing an apocalypse was humorous for the first couple of comics but it's gone way past the point where willing suspension of disbelief allows me to accept it as a parody. Also, trying to introduce pathos into the mix with one of of the Slowpoke characters dying was a really awkward tonal shift. To be honest, I can't even see what the punchline is here, other than a reference to an obscure internet meme. I hope you read this in the constructive spirit it's intended.

Shamanic Rhythm:
snip

I see what your saying, and i agree it has gone on quite long, but well, I do kind of really like lance and chad bro, their broship is really what made this story arc for me

Chad knows how to stop a GabeN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tsHkpesBdY

I can't wait until I hear "Don't taze me bro" from Chad.

This is possibly the greatest thing my eyes have ever to witness.

Once this arc has finished, I think I shall remove them, so as not to be stained by lesser images.

The arc so far is pretty awesome, but no offence...but i really don't get the joke of the entire arc to be honest. :/

EDIT: Maybe i do get it slightly, but it seems quite a far way just to jab slightly. :x

See this comic.
Laugh my ass off.
Attempt to post images of COME AT ME BRO from Halolz.
See that I've been ninja'd several times.

Prof. Monkeypox:
Awesome. Gabe Newel is shaping up as a great villain so far.

better than azien anyway.

Madara XIII:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Christ, Gabe is evil...

He runs Valve...of course he's evil

Dude makes Kefka, Madara Uchiha, Aizen, Alucard and even Ozymandias look like kittens compared to how evil he is.

But, is he as evil as John Doe?

So Gabe has revealed his true colors...

OT: Great as always.

Khushal:
Isn't Lance the one who died, bro?

Yeah, bro, I'm pretty sure it was Lance. I remember even double checking out of curiosity, bro. Then again, Erin could never tell them apart anyway.

Man, Gabe looks totally bad-ass. Not only is he a plastic spork ninja, but now the panel with the lightning at his back. I just hope Episode 3 owns as much as he is.

Madara XIII:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Christ, Gabe is evil...

Dude makes Kefka, Madara Uchiha, Aizen, Alucard and even Ozymandias look like kittens compared to how evil he is.

More evil then Alucard!? IMPOSSIBLE! Such a creature would be a singularity of pure evil..

If Gabe is the God Emperor, the fight should end by him flinging himself upon his attacker and crushing him.

Infernai:

Madara XIII:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Christ, Gabe is evil...

More evil then Alucard!? IMPOSSIBLE! Such a creature would be a singularity of pure evil..

Need I remind you he shut down Steam!? Not even Alucard would go that far....plus he

*Giggle*

superbatranger:

Madara XIII:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Christ, Gabe is evil...

But, is he as evil as John Doe?

Wait you mean John Doe from the movie Se7en!?.... Ok that there is pretty evil....secondly that gives me an idea!!!

*Hands you a Box with a bow-tie on it* Bet you can't guess what's in there?

Mwahahahaha

jojoemon:

deth2munkies:
When the hell did Gabe Newell turn into this guy:

Or, you know, maybe he never turned into Alucard and instead became Adrian Veidt; the guy who's actually being parodied.

I thinke he was just making a reference to how evil Alucard is and how Gabe is ranking pretty high up there on the evil scale. Hell he's even surpassed the Nazi Major from Hellsing
XP

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or