Trailers: Okamiden Deities and Environments Trailer

Okamiden Deities and Environments Trailer

A preview of some of the deities and environments Chibiterasu encounters.

Watch Video

Daaawwww. I'll be pre-ordering this one for sure, but it looks like making it for the DS of all platforms was a bad idea. The framerates look like they drop below 20 on a regular basis, and that switch between screens necessary for drawing is choppy and does a great job of interrupting the flow of the game.

I'm a sucker for the graphical style and gameplay, though.

Xzi:
Daaawwww. I'll be pre-ordering this one for sure, but it looks like making it for the DS of all platforms was a bad idea. The framerates look like they drop below 20 on a regular basis, and that switch between screens necessary for drawing is choppy and does a great job of interrupting the flow of the game.

I'm a sucker for the graphical style and gameplay, though.

Gonna say the same thing, looked a little slow between transitions.

Still gonna buy it though, 'cos, you know...

PUPPY!

I'm holding off on this. Without Clover at the reigns, I'm worried about the quality.

So, I'm waiting for the floods of reviews.

Onyx Oblivion:
I'm holding off on this. Without Clover at the reigns, I'm worried about the quality.

yeah, i can smell the fail from here, looks like it'll just be okami but awful. Same environments and everything.

Goddamnit Capcom.
You trying to pull a Kingdom Hearts on me by switching over to handhelds?

Hate.

Maybe it's just cos i'm not used to using a DS but that constant screen changing seems really disorientating to me.

Wasn't this trailer was out weeks ago? Anyway I going to preorder this game for sure (I know one review site had gave it 88% which is good enough for me).

I'm going to ask for this for my Birthday in April, assuming it's good. Transition to painting-mode looks slow. And I really hate the chunky look of the DS in general. Waiting for reviews.

I pre-ordered this! I can't wait for its release. ^_^

Never played this game previously so my opinnion doesn't matter.

The transition of gameplay to drawing seems slow and breaks up the flow of the game.

Looks abit like the Phantom Hourglass where they went LOL TOUCH SCREEN GIMICK ROFL.

I hope for fans of the series it's a good game and doesn't feel gimicky.

I can definitely agree about the transition being jarring. Seems like something that you'd get used to after a while, but I still think the game would have benefited greatly from just having the action on the bottom with the minimap on the top.

scw55:

The transition of gameplay to drawing seems slow and breaks up the flow of the game.

Looks abit like the Phantom Hourglass where they went LOL TOUCH SCREEN GIMICK ROFL.

Trust me, the touch screen is a God send. This game had the same mechanics in the original PS2 game and trying to draw even the most basic shapes with a freaking ps2 joy stick was frustrating to say the least.

scw55:

Do yourself a favour and play the original. It's an amazing game. So amazing that I am actually saddened that the sequel is on the DS.

I'd be tempted to buy it again if it comes out on 3DS. It already looks fantastic.

scw55:

Are you familar with the first game at all? The whole point of Okami was to draw stuff to effect it's enviroment. It started out on the ps2 and then moved to the wii with certain levels of success. It's actually perfect on the Ds although it's not going to look at nice. Every time the drawing thing was triggered background music just died and that was not good.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here